Who can move the ball both ways?

I can move the ball both ways...just not left or right.
Forwards and backwards.
Backwards is easy, but it depends on the number of trees and where they're placed on the course...
Forwards is a little more difficult.
But I'm working on it.

My natural path is a draw so I don't have too much trouble hitting it with any club in my bag. I can hit a fade ok on the range but whe I try it on the course 80% of the time it goes dead straight and the other 20% will fade. I'm looking forward to how 2018 irons/shaft combination behaves. I used to be able to hit a fade with my pre-M1 drivers but for the life of me the closest I can get is straight, which is not the right shot on a particular dog-leg right par 5 on my course (water).

I can block fade and snap hook it on command. Whatever the hole's shape calls for, that's when I'll do the opposite.

The fade I'm okay with; but I haven't, as yet, got my head around the slight draw. I'm staying away from it until I get that sorted.

When I'm playing my best golf, maybe, but that's pretty rare. Fade all day long, draw is pretty difficult for me. Mine is more of a pull draw and maybe 1 week a year I can pull off the push draw. It's something I want to work on a little this year, just not something I want to change my stock shot into.

Yes, left and right but not on command!

I can move out left or right, but not on purpose. My goal is straight...every time.

I can move it both ways. It doesn't always work out the way I want it to though haha.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I can easily move it either way and intentionally. However, I can’t control how much it moves. Even my stock shot can be anywhere from straightish to a hook. So I try to stick with the stock shot and usually only try to bend it when playing for
fun or in scrambles. Also, a fade attempt can easily result in a pull so I shy away from that most.

I do practice hooks/draws/fades/slices regularly though hoping that one day I get better at controlling ball flight. Same goes
for trajectory.

I can. I just never know which way is coming :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm sure most on tour can, but even with them, only a few actually work it either way based on the shot. If they don't try it, it tells me I shouldn't either.

I can but some days it’s easier than others. I normally will play whatever shot shape is happening on the range that day. My natural shot is a draw but I rarely try to move the ball more than 5 yards left or right.

Cam McCormick had an excellent Skill Code episode on this a couple weeks ago. If you can find it well worth the watch.

I wish! I can move the ball left and right but never on command and never when I need it to! I could probably hit a fade but it would be more of a slice and rarely get lucky enough that my ball actually ends up drawing. Once I figure out straight then maybe i'll mess with trying to move it other ways.

I move it both ways all the time unfortunately not on purpose my natural shot is right to left but the fade alludes me if I am trying to hit it on purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

left to right is my normal, when I'm going well its very subtle and not much more than 5-8 yards with driver... moving it the other way is almost impossible for me unless I really throw my hands which become a duck hook.... a man's gotta know his limitations :beat-up:

My normal shot is a draw, but I can fade the ball intentionally, but with a only ~50% success rate. I mostly try the fade when I punch the ball from the rough, or out of trouble and it needs to bend.

I'm a slight fader naturally. Draws will happen, but rarely on demand. Would love to hit a draw consistently but have fought a hook at times when I try too hard.

I can guarantee a draw only when there is water or ob on the left. Odd that the driver is a pretty reliable fade but irons/ FW's tend to draw.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have he same issue. Driver is fade/slice. Everything else I tend to draw/hook. It’s hard for me to draw a Driver and hard to fade irons.

I used to work the ball a lot back in the balata days. Much harder with mid-short irons today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My normal ball flight is right to left but I'll typically play a couple/few intentional left to right shots most rounds when it's advantageous. Some days I'm pretty good a getting the correct amount of curve on most shots but most days I'm not that dialed in. I do pretty much get the shape I'm after, just sometimes it's way too much of it.

I tend to hit a draw with my driver. I can get it to fade, but it's inconsistent and I never know how much it will move.

I hit a consistent fade with my irons and rarely try to mess with it because I know where it will go when I'm swinging well.

I can not as of this moment but I am determined to learn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can fade the ball ok and occasionally draw it with a driver. I have trouble getting the ball to start far enough right to trust my draw though. I guess I could aim farther right at address when I'm trying the draw, but that almost guarantees I'll hit a push slice!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When I'm absolutely forced to, I find it easy. Big tree in my way... need to slice / hook. OK.

When it's my choice and a draw would probably help it run out and use the slope the best... it's not always how I envision. If I am hitting it pure I can work my irons both ways quite a bit.

Back