Best time to get fitted?

Ottawaclo

#THPFunkoFam
Reaction score
Handicap
Titos
Thinking of taking advantage of a full bag fitting here locally but I literally have not played one hole this year cause of Midwest winter.

Should I wait? Or take advantage of the lower costs now?

Curious how the THP fam would or have approached their legit first fittings in terms of time of year relative to amount of golf played etc.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think a fitting would do you the best when you are bringing your normal swing to it and not a rusty winter swing imo.

I’d at least get a few rounds in. I haven’t played outside since October, and it usually takes me at least the first 3 weeks of April to start to feel normal.

I think a fitting would do you the best when you are bringing your normal swing to it and not a rusty winter swing imo.

Agree...i would wait until you have knocked off the rust and are comfortable that your swing is repeatable.

I have had to postpone my fitting at Club Champion because I haven't even been able to swing a club outside because of the weather! I have been able to have an inside lesson. I'll have at least one more lesson before I re-schedule my fitting. AND I hope to get out to an open driving range before the next lesson!

I would wait til you are in the swing of things

As much as it stinks paying full price - you want to get the most out of it. I'd wait till you've played and posted some rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take advantage of the lower cost. Just make sure you stretch and warm up. You won’t see a great deal of difference between now and waiting.

Take advantage of the lower cost. Just make sure you stretch and warm up. You won’t see a great deal of difference between now and waiting.

I change my answer to match this guy!

This. Sounds like you should get in some rounds beforehand.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm waiting until the weather is better mainly because I want to get fit outdoors hitting off grass & being able to see where the ball actually goes (the fitters use Trackman).

Why wouldn't there be a big difference? I know a play like crap the first couple of weeks in the Spring & my swing just feels "off". Wouldn't this make a difference as far as getting fit goes?

I'd say grab it now while the deal is on. You're going to be taking so many swings during the fitting that you will be comfortable with it. It may not be your absolute best but I bet it's around your mid season form. Then you have all season to go back and have your fitter make tweaks to your clubs if need be.

I’m in the camp that it doesn’t make much difference if you’ve been playing recently. I’d take advantage of the lower prices.

take advantage of the lower costs now while you can

My reasoning:

I think it depends on your swing and how much work you’ve been doing with it or plan on doing with it.

If you have a repeatable swing you should be fine, only concern would be a really bad day but the fitters I know can see that and are open to rescheduling

My full swing doesn't change too much with some sim time over the winter so I would go for the fitting with the discount.

Thanks everyone for the input.......a ton of respected opinions here at THP.....all valued.

I'd go now. Go to a golf dome or somewhere you can hit balls a couple times before you go so you don't get fatigued during your fitting. One reason you get fit is to see how the clubs will perform when you don't have your A game.

Two things to consider.

1. You want your swing to be your swing. So you tell me, do you totally lose your swing during the offseason or just takes you awhile to fully sync. up?

2. I did a full bag fitting at Club Champion last June. Made over 600 swings. Can you make 600 swings and have them be your swing to the end, or do you need some conditioning to get ready for this?

Anyone know of any deals on fittings?

I was going to wait but now I am going to get fit for my new clubs. I am probably going to go to Club Championship in Needham.

so excited.

Two things to consider.

1. You want your swing to be your swing. So you tell me, do you totally lose your swing during the offseason or just takes you awhile to fully sync. up?

2. I did a full bag fitting at Club Champion last June. Made over 600 swings. Can you make 600 swings and have them be your swing to the end, or do you need some conditioning to get ready for this?
I was going to get mine fitted but as I swing differently every time I didn't see the point once I get more consistent in my swing a fitting will be on the cards,

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Back