Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

Question for those of you that have dialed in your GBB's. When tweaking it, have you adjusted the sliding weight first? +/- a degree or two? Set it to Neutral or draw? I'm assuming the best thing to do is to hit 10 or so balls, make an adjustment, hit 10 more, make another adjustment and just keep working the adjustments like that.

I started with mine all the way on the draw setting as I know it needs to be that way, and just hit a few and moved it one click over where it has stayed. I am sure getting it on a Launch Monitor would be much better (Will be happening in December :) ) but I think many people tend to overthink this kind of stuff. Hit it until the results are what you like.

Question for those of you that have dialed in your GBB's. When tweaking it, have you adjusted the sliding weight first? +/- a degree or two? Set it to Neutral or draw? I'm assuming the best thing to do is to hit 10 or so balls, make an adjustment, hit 10 more, make another adjustment and just keep working the adjustments like that.

I set mine to between 1 & 2 towards the Fade side. This was the setting that produced great results with my 2014 BB & it was the right setting for this one.

That was the first adjustment I made and after some range sessions and a few rounds I decided to loft up 1* to get more height in my shots and not change the apw. I haven't changed anything else since and and happy with the adjustments

Got a chance to check one out today, such a great looking head at address, the Kuro Kage was nice shaft, I'm curious what it would be like in the lightweight Basara. All in all a great progression from the XR, would love to test one out on the course long term, hopefully the shop has one I can demo.

I used on course flight paths to kind of tweak it. Found the best results with the weight over the word "draw" about one tick away from full draw setting. Gives me a nice straight flight for the most part. Crazy how much the weight seems to do though. Set it over towards fade after having it on draw the whole time one round, and the very next tee shot 3 of us hit it and all hit big fades...2 of the 3 (me being the 1) are usually big draw players too.

I found that adjusting the loft made the biggest impact on performance when I was testing this one. The APW didn't seem to do all that much for me for some reason?

I found that adjusting the loft made the biggest impact on performance when I was testing this one. The APW didn't seem to do all that much for me for some reason?

I know most people talk about shaft choices, but in many cases, loft will have a bigger impact.

I know most people talk about shaft choices, but in many cases, loft will have a bigger impact.

Found this out two days ago. Definitely an eye opener for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The APW has a big effect when I put the weight in the direction of my miss i.e., toe hit = fade position.

Anyone gaming the 13.5 degree head?

I am. With a white tie, and absolutely love it. I have a slightly negative AoA with my driver, and thats the head I need to get the launch/spin I want. I also do not like adding loft to drivers (ie 10.5 head +2) as generally it closes the face, and my miss is a hook.

Called Callaway on my way home from work yesterday. I'm sending the driver into them to inspect it. I'll keep you posted!

Just an update here. Spoke with Callaway CS this morning. They will be building a new driver and sending it to me in the next week or so. Another thumbs up for their CS for their communication.

This Bertha lady is a ****ing bomber...That is all.
Longest driving weekend of my life (#OutingApproved w/ 10 other THPers)
Best dispersion of my life. Outdrove some long knockers like Tadashi and Mward.
Im in heaven.

Im in heaven.
I have never ever ever seen this guy hit a driver like this, or with this distance.

#WeaponInDecember

Im in heaven.

I have never ever ever seen this guy hit a driver like this, or with this distance.

#WeaponInDecember

Glad that he's on our side!

Im in heaven.

I can vouch, there were a couple holes where we both caught it decently and Josh was still a minimum of 20 to 30 by me.

I think I need this one. Hello there 50% bonus from Callaway

I'll be trying out a 9* GBB with Fuji speeder 50x this week. Being lower spin, I'll try going +1*/N setting to see if the lighter shaft can offer higher SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can vouch, there were a couple holes where we both caught it decently and Josh was still a minimum of 20 to 30 by me.

I think I need this one. Hello there 50% bonus from Callaway

Craziest part was on one of the really long ones, it was a clear toe miss. FlightScope confirmed the numbers this morning for me but after trying every single driver out on the market so far this year, this has been the most enjoyable for me by a large margin.

Glad some THPers got to see it in action for me.

Craziest part was on one of the really long ones, it was a clear toe miss. FlightScope confirmed the numbers this morning for me but after trying every single driver out on the market so far this year, this has been the most enjoyable for me by a large margin.

Glad some THPers got to see it in action for me.

It was very fun yesterday after hitting a drive and people saying nice shot.....and then showing how high and/or how much the miss was heel/toe and still seeing phenomenal results.

I was closer to some others more than I normally would be and that's with a shaft playing 2 inches shorter than standard in it.

Can't wait to get our new PX handcrafted HZRDS shaft tipped and then see what this one does for me as I know I'm leaving yards out there with a lower launch and higher spin than I should have.

You were killing this driver Cookie.

Im in heaven.

I have played many rounds with and around you. You've never been that consistent or long. This driver, your extension and tempo are a deadly combination. The forgiveness is amazing as well.

My wife got in her first round with the GBB Friday and was killing it. Hitting it much better than her previous driver.
Just need her to get with the fitter one more time and iron out the last of the kinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have played many rounds with and around you. You've never been that consistent or long. This driver, your extension and tempo are a deadly combination. The forgiveness is amazing as well.

Thanks. And you too. You were absolutely hammering this thing.

It really is a lot of fun to have a tee game you can depend on.
Thanks. And you too. You were absolutely hammering this thing.

I guess TaylorMade isn't the only company where the pros are experimenting with adding weights to the sliding tracks. Look closely at Kevin Kisner's driver from last week's tournament.

CTV9XAoUcAA-mby.jpg:large

Back