The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

just kills confidence

the only sand on those greens will be from when I blast a ball out of the bunker.
Pick it clean

Pick it clean

but it looks so much cooler when the sand goes flying in the air and the ball settles up next to the hole.

but it looks so much cooler when the sand goes flying in the air and the ball settles up next to the hole.
We can ask RFC which he likes better

Had a frustrating range session this morning. Range was a slop thanks to the last few days of rain. Every iron swing just felt off. So after 10 minutes of just swinging at balls I pulled my driver out and was hitting that very well. Tempo was there and everything was about 10 yards off of center. Finished up with about 40 minutes of short game and putting which I felt went well.

Irons got me frustrated but happy I did something well today at the range

Hopefully it won't be too wet for us on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, man.

Hopefully it won't be too wet for us on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, man.
Me to. Range today was wet but the worst part was that it was all mud/dirt. No grass anywhere. Will be a good time regardless

Another solid lunch hour at the course today, only working on 50 yards and in. Mostly short game around the green. Also plan on getting 18 in this weekend, hopefully match play.
f4d99d76d32d8ef1bbfcaa04514e40da.jpg

Another solid lunch hour at the course today, only working on 50 yards and in. Mostly short game around the green. Also plan on getting 18 in this weekend, hopefully match play.

Curious as to why just 50 yards and in. How many 50 yard shots to get in typical round?

Curious as to why just 50 yards and in. How many 50 yard shots to get in typical round?

In my last 10 rounds I've recorded, only had 18 shots between 50 and 75 yards, so really only a little less than 2 a round. This course I go to at lunch is 5 minutes away which lets me get out and get some work in, but they don't have a range, just an alternate hole that isn't used, which they've agreed to let me practice on for short game work. Usually at lunch I only work on short game around the green, but today decided to go a little farther back just to mix it up. Can't go too much farther than 50 yards on this hole though so that is why I stopped there. Also, 50 yards is an awkward range for me, I'm always debating on AW or SW. Putting them head to head it seems like I overall hit AW better for those shots if I don't have to carry green side bunkers or hazards.

When I get to a real range again this weekend, I'll be focusing on a more expanded short game (130 yards and in).

We can ask RFC which he likes better

Roger. Effing. Cleveland.

I won't lie, I'm really hopeful we get to hand out with him this year as well.

DO WORK Misike!

In my last 10 rounds I've recorded, only had 18 shots between 50 and 75 yards, so really only a little less than 2 a round. This course I go to at lunch is 5 minutes away which lets me get out and get some work in, but they don't have a range, just an alternate hole that isn't used, which they've agreed to let me practice on for short game work. Usually at lunch I only work on short game around the green, but today decided to go a little farther back just to mix it up. Can't go too much farther than 50 yards on this hole though so that is why I stopped there. Also, 50 yards is an awkward range for me, I'm always debating on AW or SW. Putting them head to head it seems like I overall hit AW better for those shots if I don't have to carry green side bunkers or hazards.

When I get to a real range again this weekend, I'll be focusing on a more expanded short game (130 yards and in).

If I may, work on shots you normally see. If short game is all you can do, then drop balls all around the green in different lies. Play up and down to get your skills sharper. 50 yard shots are something I will leave til the end of a real range session just to get the feel. Or I'll warm up with a half dozen before the round. It serves me well on two par 5s on my home course.

I always like to practice shots that will be meaningful to me in any given round. Again, just a mild suggestion that I think will serve to provide a better game in the long run. Keep up turgid work on the game and please go hand the Zoocrew a loss.

Always appreciate your insight! And I agree with you on dropping balls around the green from various lies and playing up and down. That has been my go to practice session the majority of the time during lunch. Thanks for the tips! Hope we can bring that belt back for all of you guys.

If I may, work on shots you normally see. If short game is all you can do, then drop balls all around the green in different lies. Play up and down to get your skills sharper. 50 yard shots are something I will leave til the end of a real range session just to get the feel. Or I'll warm up with a half dozen before the round. It serves me well on two par 5s on my home course.

I always like to practice shots that will be meaningful to me in any given round. Again, just a mild suggestion that I think will serve to provide a better game in the long run. Keep up turgid work on the game and please go hand the Zoocrew a loss.
This has been my thought behind prep, I can usually get out during the week on an empty course and play additional balls around the green from various lies or maybe change clubs(up or down) from the Fairway and drop another ball and take another approach shot as I analyze what will give me the best chance at playing to my games strengths.

I got 36 in over Tuesday and Wednesday playing like this, and really think its helping my game. Nice to respond to lesser shot by dropping a ball and executing. Reinforcing that the shot is in the bag and I just have to execute it.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

I still cant freaking believe whats about to happen in 31 days. Just mind blowing still. You would think that having this on the brain all day for almost 2 months would make it seem a little more real, but nope. This is still like a dream

I still cant freaking believe whats about to happen in 31 days. Just mind blowing still. You would think that having this on the brain all day for almost 2 months would make it seem a little more real, but nope. This is still like a dream

Couldn't agree more! And I have no clue because it's my first THP event!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you man, my excitement starts to flow every time I describe this event to someone new.... they get excited, I get even more excited.... it's contagious!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey Phil, how's the stop smoking coming? Have you noticed any change in your game because of it?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Hey Phil, how's the stop smoking coming? Have you noticed any change in your game because of it?

No smoking is going good. No cigarettes in 30 days. It doesn't really change anything in my game other than I haven't been tired at all after playing but there are times on the course where I want one and it takes away from my focus a little bit. But thank god for my vape pen lol

No smoking is going good. No cigarettes in 30 days. It doesn't really change anything in my game other than I haven't been tired at all after playing but there are times on the course where I want one and it takes away from my focus a little bit. But thank god for my vape pen lol
Congrats!! Wasn't sure it really effected your golf game or not. From family experience stopping smoking is the best thing you can do. Keep it up.

Congrats!! Wasn't sure it really effected your golf game or not. From family experience stopping smoking is the best thing you can do. Keep it up.

I guess you can say it has helped my endurance a little bit. I've been working on that too

So in a funny turn of events, my mom will be playing at the Hideaway 2 days before the #Grandaddy happens lol. It is to celebrate her 50th birthday from her friend, a member at a ver affluent country club with connections. Wish I could join her, but wish even more it was 2 days after with the Crew taking the Belt back. Oh well, will be cheering my lungs out for you guys!!!

So in a funny turn of events, my mom will be playing at the Hideaway 2 days before the #Grandaddy happens lol. It is to celebrate her 50th birthday from her friend, a member at a ver affluent country club with connections. Wish I could join her, but wish even more it was 2 days after with the Crew taking the Belt back. Oh well, will be cheering my lungs out for you guys!!!

Has your mom been there before?

Got some good match play prep in today, got pressured pretty well and fought my way to a 2 & 1 victory. Kept my score on the side, which I went 40/43 83 which is my 'A' Game and I only came out the victor by a slight margin. It was fun grinding but stressful as well. Best part of my game today was consistency, especially tee game, I hit 10/14 fairways and it may be the most fairways I've ever hit in a round. Havent always kept track of that stat but today was a special round for that. I feel good being less than a month out hopefully that tempo can carry on!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Plates 54 in the last 24 hours. I know what areas need work. All of them. And it will happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Got some good match play prep in today, got pressured pretty well and fought my way to a 2 & 1 victory. Kept my score on the side, which I went 40/43 83 which is my 'A' Game and I only came out the victor by a slight margin. It was fun grinding but stressful as well. Best part of my game today was consistency, especially tee game, I hit 10/14 fairways and it may be the most fairways I've ever hit in a round. Havent always kept track of that stat but today was a special round for that. I feel good being less than a month out hopefully that tempo can carry on!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nice matt. I like your a game quite a bit. There is not one doubt in my mind that if you can control the tee ball then your scores will be sig lower. Keep it up buddy.

Back