The Golf Ramble Thread

Ugh. It seems like my game is mostly characterized by solid rounds made mediocre to bad by 2 to 3 holes. How in the actual hell do I top 2 tee balls on the course - one of which with a damn PW - when I haven't topped a single ball at the range in months?

Golf is hard, damnit. Haha

Fitty? Not sure about that... but I'll buy you a tasty beverage for that look into the crystal ball.

Well, we shall talk soon, but I am pretty confident in this...

Ugh. It seems like my game is mostly characterized by solid rounds made mediocre to bad by 2 to 3 holes. How in the actual hell do I top 2 tee balls on the course - one of which with a damn PW - when I haven't topped a single ball at the range in months?

Golf is hard, damnit. Haha

Its ts pretty mind boggling. Drives me nuts.

Its ts pretty mind boggling. Drives me nuts.
It's times like these when I remember that Henrik Stenson shanked a short iron at the Tour Championship this year with a chance to win hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I played a quick, 45 minute 8 holes last evening after a great range session and absoutely bombed 3 of my 6 tee shots. My longest ever drive on the 1st hole(2Deep) and I got it inside of 100 yards on the 417 yard 3rd hole with the same club. The tee's were up 10 yards and I had a 8-10 mph tail wind but it sure made that hole much easier to hit it over 300 yards. The hard work in the gym and on the range is starting to show up on the course!

s
attachment.php

It's times like these when I remember that Henrik Stenson shanked a short iron at the Tour Championship this year with a chance to win hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Yeah. We forget that the pros play poorly every week, but we usually don't see it because they don't show those guys.

So, I was out for 18 with AMart earlier today on my home course. As we waited to hit our approaches in on 13 I watched in horror as a female golfer took her push cart and walked across the center of the green. I think the word I could use to best describe the experience was "flabbergasted"

I've never seen anything like that.

So, I was out for 18 with AMart earlier today on my home course. As we waited to hit our approaches in on 13 I watched in horror as a female golfer took her push cart and walked across the center of the green. I think the word I could use to best describe the experience was "flabbergasted"

I've never seen anything like that.

I would freeze in disbelief.

My GPS keeps score, gir's, fir's, putts and sand shots but after reading the "how often do you take an other" thread it would be nice if it had a wtf was that tracker. It would be interesting to see just how many idiot mistakes I make during the round.

Power carts on tee boxes. Saw it probably 6 or 7 times this year. Complete WTF moments.

Played a local Mini-tour today and got paired with the guys in the Championship flight.
They only average a handful of shots better than I do but holy smokes are they better golfers. I already knew it but today confirmed the gap between a 2 and an 8 handicap is a freaking canyon.

I signed up for my club's Year Long Net Match Play Championships. I found out today that my first opponent is a 7 hcp, but I get 7 more strokes than he does from the tees where the competition is playing.
Hope I can play well enough to get thru the first round.

1:56 to play 6 holes.

I really wish short game wasn't a marketing scheme to sell wedges. 6 one putts leading to 4 pars, a birdie, and a good bogey save on 9 holes today because my wedges left me 5 feet or less on all of them. Oh well. Back to practicing my driving.

:alien:

I really wish short game wasn't a marketing scheme to sell wedges. 6 one putts leading to 4 pars, a birdie, and a good bogey save on 9 holes today because my wedges left me 5 feet or less on all of them. Oh well. Back to practicing my driving.

:alien:

#own125...sounds like the marketing got you some good wedges.

First tournament (for me last for the season) at the new club. Playing with a good friend of mine. Sat is a 2 man best ball and Sunday is a 2 man scramble. Flighted after sat round. With a shoot out number between 4 amd 7 to combat the sand bagging

18 holes Friday, 36 Saturday and 18 Sunday, three planes and 400 shots later and my back is killing me!

After playing (or practicing) golf 14 of the last 16 days, I now have a stretch of no golf for 8 days or so..... and I just received the Titleist test balls. Love that timing!!
Other than that, I have nothing to complain about. Temps are perfect, course is in great shape, and my handicap is going down.

Someone lost this out on the course recently. I'd be willing to bet they are probably a low handicapper!

f4a653b73dd1f9db185a1639d8ab6aa9.jpg

Back