2018 Morgan Cup Travel Thread

Stryker

#NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno
Reaction score
I know we have a little time to plan but thought it would be a good idea to start a travel thread for the MC. Its about a 10 hour drive for me from Virginia and I think I will be leaving Thursday and at least half of it Thursday and the last part on Friday. If there are any other MC attendees in between VA and FL give me a shout as I have Nissan Murano and can certainly make room for a passenger or 2.

Travel thread is always a good idea. If a practice round or extra nights are a possibility I might choose to come in Thursday night. Based on a quick search earliest I could get there Friday is probably 2pm which leaves no time for that.

it's pretty close to st augustine. when feherty interviewed steve spurrier, they did it at marsh creek golf club in st augustine. i think the world golf hall of fame is up that way, though i'm not very familiar with other golf in those parts. daytona beach isn't too far and lpga is there.

st augustine has some really cool restaurants and bars we could go to one night. very easy drive up a1a from the hotel.

I'm flying into Jacksonville from Toronto late Wednesday evening (12:45 AM Thursday morning) and will probably grab a rental at the airport and a cheap hotel room close to the airport. I have to be back to airport Sunday evening around 5 PM for international check-in. I'm coming in early to get a practice round in on Thursday afternoon/Friday morning, preferably at HB if JB can swing a pre-weekend rate. Would be nice to loosen up and see the course before the action commences.

If anyone is coming in early Thursday to Jacksonville I could pick them up at airport in time for practice round and give them ride back on Sunday. Looks like airport is about an hour or so from HB. All I ask if they help with rental cost in order to minimize costs. Depending on interest and numbers will dictate vehicle. Let me know if any interest....Jim.

Stoked for you guys - and just fyi - only about an hour from sawgrass...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm unsure of travel plans as I'm currently in the process of selling all my golf stuff to raise the funds for the trip. Where you at in VA @Stryker

I'm unsure of travel plans as I'm currently in the process of selling all my golf stuff to raise the funds for the trip. Where you at in VA @Stryker

I am in Appomattox. We can certainly meet up somewhere and travel down and back together if you want.

I am in Appomattox. We can certainly meet up somewhere and travel down and back together if you want.

I appreciate the option, I'm only 3 hours north of you. I'll have to see what the work schedule and budget allow =)

I appreciate the option, I'm only 3 hours north of you. I'll have to see what the work schedule and budget allow =)

Not a problem man. Keep me posted but it would certainly be cheaper then flying haha!

I from Massachusetts.
I'm unsure of my plans yet.

I from Massachusetts.
I'm unsure of my plans yet.

What part of Mass? My wife has family in Northborough and Westborough.

I think I might go with an Allegiant Thursday evening flight to Orlando/Sanford which would arrive at 8:45pm. If anyone is arriving around the same time would you want to split on a rental?

Coming from north central Illinois.......prob flying in early Friday...depends on the plans for Friday etc. will be looking to book here in March

Early in the planning stages but once more details are known I’ll lock my travel in. I talked to Freddie about him picking me up from MCO or Sanford on Thursday. We’ll either crash in Orlando then head to Hammock Beach early Friday or may just head over on Thursday for a practice round Friday morning. Would love to play Hammock Friday before meeting up with the CPG/THP team.

I booked a flight just a while ago. I land in the afternoon on Wednesday at Jacksonville, going to try and play Thursday somewhere (haven’t booked a room anywhere yet) on Thursday and then play again Friday before the festivities begin. If anyone is up for some Thursday and or Friday let me know. Heck I may try to squeeze some time in Wednesday since good ole daylight savings will be back up and running!!!

Early in the planning stages but once more details are known I’ll lock my travel in. I talked to Freddie about him picking me up from MCO or Sanford on Thursday. We’ll either crash in Orlando then head to Hammock Beach early Friday or may just head over on Thursday for a practice round Friday morning. Would love to play Hammock Friday before meeting up with the CPG/THP team.

Would love to do a practice round!

I think I might go with an Allegiant Thursday evening flight to Orlando/Sanford which would arrive at 8:45pm. If anyone is arriving around the same time would you want to split on a rental?

I am pretty open. Could fly in to Orlando Thursday or Friday. I am open to splitting a rental car as well @mjkladis.

Teams are stacked! Can’t wait to follow all the posts/banter/etc leading up to the MC and the equipment reviews to follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it's pretty close to st augustine. when feherty interviewed steve spurrier, they did it at marsh creek golf club in st augustine. i think the world golf hall of fame is up that way, though i'm not very familiar with other golf in those parts. daytona beach isn't too far and lpga is there.

st augustine has some really cool restaurants and bars we could go to one night. very easy drive up a1a from the hotel.
A little spot called TPC Sawgrass is in St. Auvustine

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Ditto

Leaving Cleveland I can get to both Orlando and Jacksonville pretty easy. Pretty sure I'll wait a bit on booking anything just yet as the captain might want something specific or at least try and get there at specific times.

FYI....my teammates could get access to some pretty aggressive rates for hotels.....just saying.

Thinking out loud, I will probably look for a red eye flight SFO to MCO and arrive on Friday AM. I've not checked flight schedules yet, but I hate wasting a day traveling west to east coast so night flight is probably in the cards. Orlando is a bit farther drive than flying into Jacksonville, but more flight choices into Orlando.

Not sure if anyone else plans to arrive Friday and wants to split a car but I'll throw it out there...

Leaving Cleveland I can get to both Orlando and Jacksonville pretty easy. Pretty sure I'll wait a bit on booking anything just yet as the captain might want something specific or at least try and get there at specific times.

FYI....my teammates could get access to some pretty aggressive rates for hotels.....just saying.

I like aggressive...

2018 Morgan Cup Travel Thread

Well if it works out right, j_sizzle and myself could upgrade to a Crossover to rent and you could join us! I would be arriving in Orlando most likely around 8:30pm.

Most of my flights have a layover in Atlanta.

I'm flying into Jacksonville from Toronto late Wednesday evening (12:45 AM Thursday morning) and will probably grab a rental at the airport and a cheap hotel room close to the airport. I have to be back to airport Sunday evening around 5 PM for international check-in. I'm coming in early to get a practice round in on Thursday afternoon/Friday morning, preferably at HB if JB can swing a pre-weekend rate. Would be nice to loosen up and see the course before the action commences.

If anyone is coming in early Thursday to Jacksonville I could pick them up at airport in time for practice round and give them ride back on Sunday. Looks like airport is about an hour or so from HB. All I ask if they help with rental cost in order to minimize costs. Depending on interest and numbers will dictate vehicle. Let me know if any interest....Jim.

5pm Sunday to Jax is going to be tight. The airport is 45 minutes to an hour away. Rental car return takes time as well. We tee off at 10:30-10:50 on Sunday.

Figure best case scenario is done by 3pm. Shower and head out you could make it. It’s going to be tight though.

Back