Favorite Distance Measuring Device

tpluff

I <3 GAWLF
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
It's just a normal boring Tuesday with a hint of spring in the air.

Curious what THPers use as their desired device for measuring distances on the course.

Do you use a GPS watch or bag clip? Maybe a particular model of rangefinder? Or a hybrid of both or something we haven't really heard of? Why do you use what you currently do?

If you haven't strayed into the many options out there for getting distance, what has stopped you so far?

Using the Bushnell Tour V4, but had a battery issue with it, so right now using the Precision Pro NX7 Pro.

I used a Garmin G6 for a few years but made the switch to a Bushnell tour x. They both have their positives and negatives but I prefer the accuracy of the rangefinder.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have a bushnell V3. I like it a lot. Thinking about upgrading cuz I like “NEW”. Still works and looks perfect. Who doesn’t like new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushnell V3 range finder. Serves my distance needs. Play a relatively flat course so slope is not mandatory.

Apple Watch with GolfLogix at the moment. I used a Nikon rangefinder for a while, but the battery died and I haven’t fixed it yet.

Favorite Distance Measuring Device

I still use my V3 but after going to using a watch as well I think a hybrid device gives you the best of both worlds.

I have a bushnell V3. I like it a lot. Thinking about upgrading cuz I like “NEW”. Still works and looks perfect. Who doesn’t like new?

This is what I have as well. I also have a wonderful GPS watch my fiancé got me a couple years back, but it's kind of a bother to wear. The initial idea of the Bushnell Hybrid has got me contemplating an upgrade even though my V3 works perfectly fine.

I’ve only tried a few brands/options and prefer a laser. I’m still using the Bushnell Tour V3, but it’s worked perfectly for roughly two years now so I haven’t really put much though into changing.

Whenever I do, it will most likely be for a newer model Bushnell laser.

Garmin S60 and a Bushnell Tour X. Garmin for standard distances. Hazards, center green, etc. and the laser for when I want something exact. I could get along just fine with either, but I find utility in carrying both.

Golfbuddy VS4 Simple and easy to read. Does what I need.

Golfbuddy also!!

My only device. A big bulky old Bushnell Medalist. Shoot the flag and fire.

Just can't take the plunge spending $250-400 on a rangefinder.

I've been using the Bushnell Excel watch for over a year now and I enjoy it a lot. Gives me accurate distances and also distances on shots if I set it to do that.

I miss my rangefinder at times, but the watch has pushed that purchase down the list.

GPS watch always on, laser at the ready if I feel I need something more specific than watch can provide.

Have the Tour X currently, Ive had the V3 before, huge Bushnell fan, solid product and really good battery life.

Ive tinkered with Skycaddie, watches and GPS app/units but just prefer the laser

Bushnell Tour X and a Garmin S60 watch. I like to use the watch to give my drive distances, hazards. Tour X for pin placements.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Leupold GX-4i2. Have had it for probably 4-5 years, has the different face plates for slope/standard mode. Works great and if I ever did have a problem I would go for another Leupold.

Also, I got a Frogger latch it strap. fits on the outside of my push cart or can be moved to a riding cart and saves some time as I laser pretty much every shotnot on the putting green.

I am also a big fan of my Arccos gps. Getting the layout of the hole and being able to get yardages throughout are really handy during a round.

Leupold GX-5i3 here and I'll occasionally check yardages with The Grint as well.

Golfbuddy voice 2. Have range finder but only use it if there is a layup need to be done.

I use the Golfshot GPS app, and borrow my buddy's Bushnell Tour X a lot.

I don't use anything currently, except for on-course distance markers.

My wife gave me a fancy-schmancy golf watch for Christmas that I'll try once the courses open up, here in CT, but I'm not a fan of wearing a watch on the golf course either. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I feel that distance assessment, without the aid of a measuring device, is part of the game. Maybe that line of thinking is a decade or so behind the times, but I can live with it. Besides, what happens when "they" shut down all the GPS satellites on us, due to some global conflict??

Who's gonna have the advantage then??? THIS guy.... :banana:

or maybe you guys with the rangefinders....

I use the Golfshot GPS app, and borrow my buddy's Bushnell Tour X a lot.

How does the app work for you? Better for general overview of layout? I've considered downloading the 18Birdies app since I believe they have this feature and I've used arccos driver in the past which gave this sort of info.

I used a GPS watch for a couple of years and it worked well. For the last couple seasons I've gone to a Bushnell Pro 1m which has worked good but it's starting to crap out on me. I have a feeling I'll be forced to update at some point this season and I really like the idea of the Bushnell rangefinder/gps hybrid unit.

I have Hole19 running on my iPhone and use my apple watch for the interface.

Back