THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

This thread will probably pick up a little more when none of us can go outside in a month.

If it's 60 or below, it cold. This coming from a cheesehead, born and raised. I'd move to Ohio for a week to play in this event. Bent grass greens, rolling fairways.

Oh bent grass. The greatest green grass ever.

The internet is fun. Golf forum awesomeness is fun. THP is fun. #RegionalRivalry will be WELL beyond fun.

I like fun.
Wait golf is supposed to be fun!!! I've doing it wrong for years.

So can we start wagers on this match already!!!

Sorry, 3 pages have gone by without a Texas post or reference.

Insert token word: Texas

Thank You.

Why do I get the feeling that Michigan THP'ers (Albatross) might resort to standing on the side of Michigan Avenue somewhere hoping to get a few more recruits? I'm probably wrong.

Texas.

That's why there are so many PGA tour tournaments there every year. :alien:

PGA tour events are the standard for golf course quality?
Or a barometer of the quality of golf as a whole area?

Honest question.

OH! Yeah this is gonna be great! I can't wait for signups. Let's do this!

Honest question.

Oh you didn't you know? Just like HOF tags are the barometer of ones skill.

Honest question.

That comment really had no other reason other than to point out MI doesn't have any. Does that mean anything? Who knows. But out of every higher level professional tour, MI has one Senior tour event, while OH has multiple events on the PGA tour and Web.Com tour, and also events on the Senior tour and LPGA tour. So I guess take that for what it's worth, which may not be much, but apparently the professional tours are choosing OH.

That comment really had no other reason other than to point out MI doesn't have any. Does that mean anything? Who knows. But out of every higher level professional tour, MI has one Senior tour event, while OH has multiple events on the PGA tour and Web.Com tour, and also events on the Senior tour and LPGA tour. So I guess take that for what it's worth, which may not be much, but apparently the professional tours are choosing OH.

so... that means that Ohio people are good at sitting on the side and watch while other people play golf and win events?

MI definitely needs to get a tour event back, since we lost the Buick Open at Warwick Hills. US Amateur coming to Oakland Hills next summer will be fun to watch. Let's not forget MI has 2 courses in the top 20 in the country. Not too shabby for a small northern state.

The tours come to Ohio because we have a better class of golf fans. :act-up: There are nice courses everywhere!!

As one of the northern members of THP from Michigan, I will say the the golf in this state is great, but the real gems are a good bit north of me yet.

As for PGA events the Detroit area had a couple long standing Tour events, as did the Flint area.
I'll go out on a limb here and say logistics may be a factor.

As one of the northern members of THP from Michigan, I will say the the golf in this state is great, but the real gems are a good bit north of me yet.

As for PGA events the Detroit area had a couple long standing Tour events, as did the Flint area.
I'll go out on a limb here and say logistics may be a factor.

get out of here with your logic and logistics. this is the thread for butt hurt and everyone coming in here telling us how cold our states are.

The tours come to Ohio because we have a better class of golf fans. :act-up: There are nice courses everywhere!!

I'll be watching for that Minnesota/North Dakota #RegionalRivalry thread and see where that is played!

What the hell happened in here?

all i know is its 11:24 and michigan still sucks :alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

get out of here with your logic and logistics. this is the thread for butt hurt and everyone coming in here telling us how cold our states are.

Was just thinking how cool a #RegionalRivalry week would be on THP, where states'/regions teams play as a team on comparable slope, rating, and yardages, and bring the rivalry to the country!

Imagine the thread blowing up then when the whole forum is engaged!

THP does not have a suggestion box, but I think it would be pretty cool.

How many of the PGA tour courses in Ohio are accessible to the public?

Anything that equals Arcadia Bluffs in ohio? (that is public)

Honest question.

How many of the PGA tour courses in Ohio are accessible to the public?

Anything that equals Arcadia Bluffs in ohio? (that is public)
Ohio is really bad at using the coast of Lake Erie in its golf courses. Which is really disappointing. Boulder Creek is close imo just doesnt have the back drop scenery that AB does

I forgot about Boulder creek, That is one I do want to play someday :)

Ohio is really bad at using the coast of Lake Erie in its golf courses. Which is really disappointing. Boulder Creek is close imo just doesnt have the back drop scenery that AB does

I've driven by Boulder creek on the Turnpike...

It looked OK

Back