Easy swing exercises for arthritic seniors?

Phfat

Reaction score
Handicap
30 or so..
Looking for suggestions for easy swing exercises for an arthritic set of senior bones. I have all the flexibility of a board...

Thanks!

I've been doing Reformer Pilates for the last year. It has really improved my flexibility and balance. Mat Pilates and yoga are also suggested for flexibility and balance. These are easy on the joints and strengthen and stretch the muscles. Pilates can be adapted to any body type and slowly build muscles. Check with your local Y, many have classes that are inexpensive.

I'm not an arthritic senior, but I cannot suggest yoga enough. It helps literally everyone.

I have a PHD in Kinesiology.
And have little to add. Great suggestions with the Pilates and Yoga. Use it or lose it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Above are great suggestions. A quick, easy loosen up tool I have found is using the Orange Whip. Simple straightforward, go at your own pace and is great at getting gradually loosened into a turn, etc. And at 70 w/ elbow, neck, shoulder etc surgeries and past lower vertebrae issues, I imagine I can qualify as old and (occasionally) infirm. lol
good luck

Above are great suggestions. A quick, easy loosen up tool I have found is using the Orange Whip. Simple straightforward, go at your own pace and is great at getting gradually loosened into a turn, etc. And at 70 w/ elbow, neck, shoulder etc surgeries and past lower vertebrae issues, I imagine I can qualify as old and (occasionally) infirm. lol
good luck

I use the Sklz Gold Flex which is a less expensive alternative to the Orange Whip.

Back