You Can Captain Team THP: 2018 Grandaddy of em All

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2018 edition is coming and we are looking for a captain of the team. Here is what you need to know.

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included

Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf against the Zoo Crew (Callaway Marketing team)
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be the one that leads the team.

DP_G4UHV4AAgqUd-S.jpg

Rules
1. You must be a 2018 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

2. What are we looking for? Someone that cares about this community and this event.

3. The Harry Arnett #1 Rule: Don't be a dick

That's it. Do you think you have what it takes?

You will lead a team of 11 other THPers along with assistant captain PhillyV (a Grandaddy veteran) through this amazing year long journey that culminates with the greatest few days a golfer could ever imagine.

How to Enter
Post in this thread why you think you would make a good captain. It must be 50 words or less.
That's it. We are asking for no pictures or videos, just good old fashioned keyboard hammering.

Good luck everybody. This will stay open for the remainder of this week only.

#1) I am not a Richard

I pride myself on being able to work with and get along with everyone, even if we don’t see eye to eye on everything.

Leading THPers would be a dream come true, and win or lose, we’d have a hell of a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wowza, sure as heck never saw that coming. Wow.

I'd love the opportunity to lead this year's team to victory. I'm a fierce competitor, and a keen strategist. But most of all, I love this game, and I love THP. It'd be an honor, and a dream come true to captain THP's 2018 Grandaddy team. Challenge accepted, if selected.

Good luck everyone. As much as I would like to be part of the Granddaddy there are so many others that I would love to see lead us to Victory.

Wut? :bulgy-eyes:

6 Commandments:

I would bleed the green white
I would represent Callaway and THP to the fullest
I will engage the forum and social media
I will review the crap out of the gear.
I will have an effing blast leading my team
I will not be a DICK

So many great people come to mind...what an opportunity! Make it happen captn

THP is not about the game of golf, but the journey to loving it.
As Captain, it would be my honor to share and grow that journey with my 11 teammates and the community.
This event has meant so much to many, my duty would be to continue that legacy.

Woooooow....10th Anniversary strikes again!

Holy crap, talk about flipping this event on it's head! That's a crazy cool opportunity. I don't think I would do that position justice so I'll sit this out but good luck to those that enter.

Friggin love the twists this year!

As a captain I will make sure:

1. Team THP brings the entire community along for the ride
2. They fully understand the Harry Arnett Rule #1
3. Fully embrace this event as more than a golf competition
4. Bring the equipment reviews back to the community

Good luck to all that enter.

I believe engagement comes in many forms. THP is where life long friends can and have been made by those who wish to open up and jump in. I will help those who get selected be part of this community and enjoy the ride from now thru December.

Holy cow. What an opportunity!

I will lead my team by example not only at the event, but in the months leading up to the Grandaddy. You can't expect to beat someone if you haven't first outworked them - and that is something I would absolutely love to do to prepare for the Grandaddy.

Wow, this is an amazing opportunity for us all.

Entry:
Captaining Team THP is a dream come true, my credentials:

1. Fun first: no matter the stakes, the Grandaddy has to be about a group of hackers having a wonderful time.
2. Callaway Fan boy for real
3. Captained the Nor Cal team to a great time (and a win) in 2017.

Camaraderie, inclusiveness and fun...with a side of competitiveness.

"The first and most important choice a leader makes is the choice to serve, without which one's capacity to lead is severely limited."

Not only is this job to serve the team but the entire THP community as well. I’m ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
So many great people instantly come to mind that eat, sleep, and breathe THP. I've come a long way in the year that I've been here and I would kill for an opportunity to be a part of the team, but I don't think I'm the right person to wear the "C"

Not yet anyway.

Good luck! I hope to be one of the luckiest guys on the planet that get to take leadership from whoever gets this amazing honor.
#BringBackTheBelt

I've played in THP events and know what's expected afterwards. I've gained one of those "Say/Don't say switches". I will work hard to make sure my team is ready. I strive in competition and rise up to the challenge. My team will bring #GrandaddyBelt back to THP.

Last edited:
WOW! What an unexpected surprise!

I know how special and meaningful this event it to all those that have been able to partake in it. I would lean on the forum and my teammates to help inspire and get the absolute best out of them. All in all this event is about fun! I do fun!

Not an entry but I love this idea. Good luck everybody. Put some serious thoughts into those answers, it could lead to the opportunity of a lifetime

I've come to
Call this place my home away from home
Everyone is welcome and we're her because we enjoy playing golf
You can be who you are,
Serious, without being a "Richard" and
Having fun
All at the same time
Never forget
Keep
Smiling and Go Team THP

As much as I would like to be captain, I know very much that I am not ready to be a captain.

Be engaged, have fun, review the heck out of some great gear, and have more fun.

Best of luck to everyone!

What an awesome opportunity. Here's why I think I'd make a great captain (in exactly 50 words):

I can adjust my style to the team’s personality. I can be up front or in the background. I’m easy to get along with, but I’ll always be reminding everyone what this event is all about. Not just competition, but fun and friends. Not just equipment, but education and engagement.

I've come to
Call this place my home away from home
Everyone is welcome and we're her because we enjoy playing golf
You can be who you are,
Serious, without being a "Richard" and
Having fun
All at the same time
Never forget
Keep
Smiling and Go Team THP

I see what you did there! HA! :act-up:

Back