ThermaCELL Hand Warmers Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These are very interesting. Most hand warmers I have used stop being effective before the round is over and have to get them cracked open a little bit before the round starts to be able to use them. These are going on the want list

For those winter warriors this seems like a good fit. I rarely golf in colder weather, but I might pick these up for those rare days when I do.

Dean Id like to know how they fit into the glove, how cumbersome is he feeling?

A little steep but these would be perfect for hunting. I'm going to look into them.

I wouldn't use them for golf, as I dont usually have trouble with cold with temps over 10F , and by then the crouses are closed. but for Skiing and other winter activities, I could see myself using that

Interesting but you can buy a lot of disposables for $80.

Very cool concept and a neat replacement to the disposable warmers. Not sure I would want it under the glove but I could see them used in ClicGear mitts. With that said, I think the product is WAY overpriced.

Like this option, dont play a ton of cold weather golf but these seem like a great option

Seems like a good option for the year round winter golfer or outdoor enthusiasts. It would be an option for me for hiking or outdoor activities. I like how it has 3 settings and can be reused. Something I may look into more

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I would buy these in a heartbeat if the price was more realistic. Way too overpriced for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that I can buy 80 pairs of traditional hand warmers (which would realistically last me about 5+ years) for about half the price, I don't see how this product is at all an option. Plus, it is the palm of my hands that need the most warmth and these just seem so rigid and bulky.

Maybe makes more sense for the hunting crowd, but I just don't see how these make sense for golf.

Great writeup Dean. Interesting concept, seems to me it would be tough to catch on like it has with skiing and hunting. Inserting inside the glove just doesnt seem ideal, but Im sure they will sell a few.

Interesting but you can buy a lot of disposables for $80.

I'm falling under this category as well, but I did enjoy the in depth look at what's available in a rechargbale and temperature controlled offering.

Well done, ddec!

I saw something like these in the line at the hardware store this weekend, and I was thinking to myself, these would be great to throw in the golf bag, looks like a great product, makes total sense for us around here in the midwest!

Very cool concept and a neat replacement to the disposable warmers. Not sure I would want it under the glove but I could see them used in ClicGear mitts. With that said, I think the product is WAY overpriced.
Using with those clicgear mitts is something that immediately came to my mind. Probably a perfect fit for those.

For those winter warriors this seems like a good fit. I rarely golf in colder weather, but I might pick these up for those rare days when I do.

Dean Id like to know how they fit into the glove, how cumbersome is he feeling?
I used them in the glove for some shorter swings and it was fine. For me though I would rather keep them in my pockets.

For the price part, I would strongly consider them if I was a person who does a ton of outdoor winter activities. I would not buy them solely for golf, because it just doesn't make sense to me.

Couldn't have tested for skiing or snowshoeing yet but you can bet I will be using them for those days. When I really liked them was on cold mornings when we would go walk the dog. Turn those on for 20-30 minutes and just go. Heck even a cold quick 10 minute walk. The heat was instant and for me it was a better alternative to using the disposable ones. Hands had no moisture clammy feeling to them and felt warm.

Their heated insoles interest me a ton. My feet get crazy cold when skiing, even with really good socks on. If I could throw something like that in my boot, I'd be really in to that. Need to do some more research on those.

great product, if you need it. But, if your extremities are getting cold, then, it might be worthwhile to try dressing warmer - keeping your core warmer will help. If your core is cold, it will suck heat away from your extremities to protect your organs.

I can see me using these more than just on the golf course. It gets extremely cold in NW Ohio while at work. The wind comes whipping through the lot. Plus we are outside for hours brooming the snow off the cars/trucks and moving the lot. It takes pretty much half the day. So, with these having up to a 4 hour charge they would do the job. Thanks for the review.

Back