Whats the Most Fun You've Ever Had Golfing?

November 10, 1991. Fallbrook Country Club in So Cal. Northrop Grumman Aircraft Division Tournament, shot my best ever round of golf. 5 under par 67 with two bogies, two birdies on the front nine with 16 putts and no bogies, 5 birdies on the back with 11 putts. I realized after the round I was in "The Zone" on the back nine. Fairways looked a mile wide, greens seemed to break to the hole and the hole looked the size of a bucket. My cart partner help my round too because on the back nine after 3 birdies, the two other playing partners in the other cart said to him, does he know he's 3 under? Charlie, my cart partner, said probably not and don't say a word to him either! The 18th hole is a par three and I sunk putt number 11 and made the 5th birdie on the back side. I just wanted to go to tee number 1 again and keep playing.

A few years ago myself, my dad, my brother and my brother in law played a round on the plantation course in Kapalua Hawaii two days before my brothers wedding. Weather forecast said there was going to be a hurricane that night so we figured we'd get out early and get a round in before that hit. We ended up the only foursome on the course in the beginning of a hurricane. I have never been so wet in my whole life. We had a guy from he pro shop following us in his cart with a giant bag of towels so we'd have a dry towel after every shot to wipe our grips down. The towel was then soaked through and went in the basket in the cart. You would hit a shot and it would go straight, "small" gust of wind would come and blow your ball backwards in the air. Was just an awesome time.

Playing with Mancest at the Gauntlet would probably be a good second on that one.

Went on a team-building weekend with 5 other guys from work last year... team-building in this case meant drinking, golf, drinking, sleeping, shooting some sporting clays (see: no drinking before the firearms), drinking, fishing, and maybe some additional drinking.

We stopped at an absolute goat track golf course in the middle of nowhere and played a 3-on-3 best ball scramble whilst consuming mass quantities of frothy ale. We didn't see another group the entire round and had an absolute blast - including the rainstorm that popped up out of nowhere for 10 minutes and soaked everyone to the bone.

My group had a one-shot lead on 18 and my boss made a 25 foot bomb for birdie to tie it up. We played two more playoff holes before calling it a tie.

Just really good times with good friends... great memories all the way around.

This weekend would be up there. Way the eff up there.

Too many laughs, far too many laughs.

This weekend would be up there. Way the eff up there.

Too many laughs, far too many laughs.
Laughs + Blind shaft grabs = a good time

I've had a couple fun rounds in Myrtle with my stepfamily and shooting +1 this year was insane, but for high-quality fun, I'd say Sunday at #TheGauntlet sharing a cart with Rhiona tops the list. The entire weekend was incredible.

Back