Who Bags Fewer Than Fourteen Clubs?

I have been at thirteen clubs for many years.

Just got to 13. I have a 64* that I will probably throw back in just to have 14.

I game 13 right now, but need to add something with a higher loft than my 54 Hopkins. I'd like to get a 58, maybe a PM Grind, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

My question may have been asked already but......if you are allowed 14, WHY ON EARTH would you pack and game less than 14 clubs???!!? That's like not having enough balls to finish a round....

The only acceptable reason to me is because you are a new golfer with hand me down clubs and can't afford a full set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why anyone would bag less than 14? Weight savings lol? Even if you rarely used a club why not bag it for the occasion that you all of the sudden need it.

Nah, if I'm really only consistently using 13 clubs, I'll always throw in an extra driver, putter, or a fairway/hybrid that I want to compare against my regular gamers.

14 feels like the only correct answer here.

Nope, IMO, even if you won't use it often, you should still take advantage of the rule being for 14.

I would be able to say yes if the club number was 25. But barely.

I carry my allotted 14. Why not? The game is hard enough as it is. Why make it harder by having a gap at the top or bottom of your bag.

I carry all 14.

Need all the flexibility I can get so all 14 spots are occupied.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have had 13 in the bag when I was experimenting with the mini driver...no need for a three wood. Back to 14 and I don't see me ever not having the max allowed. Maybe it's the military mindset of "Better to have it and not need it; than need it and not have it."

14 clubs in my bag. The rules allow me to carry that many im taking full advantage of that. :D

I would always carry up to the limit also. It's not going to hurt anything.

I carry 12. Everything is gapped perfectly for me

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I could probably find spots for at least 16-17 clubs and utilize all of them. I just don't understand the thought process behind anything less than 14. Why intentionally have wider gaps if you don't have to? Heck my 20* hybrid spot right now could have like 3 clubs right around the same loft for different distances/types of shots.

I've carried 13 for a while now. The only spot is at the top of my bag but until I find a fairway that I hit consistently there's no point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put the 5w back in the bag last week, so I'm at 14 again.

JM

Fourteen it is. I don't understand having less. There are so many options to fill the bag!

I'm weird I guess but I usually carry 5. I shoot the same scores no matter how many I carry. Just my preference. But it gives me two long clubs and 2 short clubs plus a putter. I have been doing this for 3 years and my scores are the same if not better. If your not into hitting different shots with the same club then it's not gonna be your cup of tea. I don't feel that I am short handed. Biggest bonus is being able to walk with a tiny bag. It's not that minimal after reading about 1 club golf.

Back