THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Against my will...here is the pre season rankings for MI.

1. Stribs-Starts at the top but may drop few once its dicovered we are not getting equipment in the event.

2. Potbunker-Anyone with the word bunker in their name can only be awesome. ...right?

3. Tpluff-the game is there but will the repeated cannon blasts from PhillyV wear out the young man.

4. Jspangs- 270 off the tee is top half rankings worthy.

5. Michigan Slice- Definitely

6. Wyzyguy-obviously you were trying to set a scrabble scoring record wirh your screen name. Your ranking suffers because you forgot Q and X.

7. Musicmaster-Sand bagging mother effer. Was getting 8 billion strokes in August and played awesome golf. The rankings committee calls shenanigans on your alleged handicap.

8. Hacker-Much like potbunker your name alone suggests good things....for team OH

9. 2012BFT--Only 1 place to go from here....potentially.

Solid rankings with the Captain not even listed. Glad to see a solid squad from Michigan coming together. I personally see myself sliding right down the rankings with what looks to be 7 days a week for work until May. Not going to see much activity out of me prep wise.

Solid rankings with the Captain not even listed. Glad to see a solid squad from Michigan coming together. I personally see myself sliding right down the rankings with what looks to be 7 days a week for work until May. Not going to see much activity out of me prep wise.

Not sure the captain needs to be ranked. He already made the squad.

Correct as he also wasnt listed on their participation list for the same reason

6. Wyzyguy-obviously you were trying to set a scrabble scoring record wirh your screen name. Your ranking suffers because you forgot Q and X.

That is so good I am officially stealing it.. BTW .. My last name is worse & my middle name is Xavier..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More so stating that we have 9 guys listed w/o the captain, so we shouldn't have any problems fielding a team.

More so stating that we have 9 guys listed w/o the captain, so we shouldn't have any problems fielding a team.

But if you look back I'm don't believe you will see Mike ranking himself. No need to. Already on the team for #RegionalRivalry

1. Stribs-Starts at the top but may drop few once its dicovered we are not getting equipment in the event.

2. Potbunker-Anyone with the word bunker in their name can only be awesome. ...right?

3. Tpluff-the game is there but will the repeated cannon blasts from PhillyV wear out the young man.

4. Jspangs- 270 off the tee is top half rankings worthy.

5. Michigan Slice- Definitely

7. Musicmaster-Sand bagging mother effer. Was getting 8 billion strokes in August and played awesome golf. The rankings committee calls shenanigans on your alleged handicap.

8. Hacker-Much like potbunker your name alone suggests good things....for team OH

9. 2012BFT--Only 1 place to go from here....potentially.

These were pretty funny, but the good things from me will definitely not be for Ohio. You probably need something good from Michigan since there isn't anything good in Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were pretty funny, but the good things from me will definitely not be for Ohio. You probably need something good from Michigan since there isn't anything good in Ohio.

I was told math wouldn't be involved

Weird being that the event is in Ohio not Michigan.

In case people have forgot, the Hashtag for this event is
#THPRegionalRivalry not #RegionalRivalry

And the sponsor is @TrueTemper and @THPGolf
Getting tweets with all different companies in there and videos and such. All fun and all, but if you are looking at it from the MVP status, and that once in a lifetime opportunity, I would go with the above.

Nice list Mike, lol I will have an accurate handicap this year as I am spending the time/$$ to track it. Part of my 2016 goals list.

No equipment needed because my current weapons are more than enough to beat Ohio's number 1 spot! :eek:k:

No equipment needed because my current weapons are more than enough to beat Ohio's number 1 spot! :eek:k:

That covers 25% of the MVP race. What about the other 75%?

Got asked today what the MVP was and how it was considered. I thought I would give a brief synopsis since the MVP gets an all expenses paid trip by THP to True Temper where they will have the red carpet unrolled and taken behind the scenes to see stuff that virtually nobody gets to see.

The MVP is not just about points and golfing ability. It is all encompassing and will be broken down into these 4 things.

Play on the course - 25%
Sportsmanship - 25%
Being active on the entire THP forum leading up to the event - 25%
Being active on the THP forum during the event - 25%

Those four things are what it's about. For those that will say "I dont have time to be on the forum all day every day". We would never expect that or even necessarily reward that. Lives are out there, family is out there and of course work is out there. However with that said, to the victor goes the spoils and while quantity is not a necessity, quality is. Take the time to talk golf around the forum. Take the time to talk about the equipment. Take the time to talk about True Temper's latest offerings. If you don't know things, ask questions, if you would like more info. This is not about just posting each day a couple of times in the regional rivalry thread, or your local area thread, but being the MVP of the team on this forum.

Hope that helps answer the question and if you have any others, I am always happy to answer those as well.

Bumping this to answer the question on some minds right now

Not sure who ohios #1 is at the moment but im sure they are up for the challenge

Not sure who ohios #1 is at the moment but im sure they are up for the challenge

I know I am ready and I'm sure the rest could be said for anyone from Team Ohio

That covers 25% of the MVP race. What about the other 75%?

Play on the course - 25%...should be good to go!
Sportsmanship - 25%...sportsmanship on the course is a-okay but can't help it that my online persona is truly a poor reflection of the person I really am. Got off on the wrong foot somewhere along the way and have been trying real hard to get back on track.
Being active on the entire THP forum leading up to the event - 25%...working on this.
Being active on the THP forum during the event - 25%...i'll be real active during the course of the event!

I know I am ready and I'm sure the rest could be said for anyone from Team Ohio

Curious....are you planning on playing in the 2016 Open or just attending?

Back