Contest: CUSTOM 2018 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Disco!

I'd make it a hype video for the 2018 GD. Splice in pics from previous Grandaddies. The course, players, the belt..

Big G at the end on the video with the team name once it's announced.

Background: is the color circle chart with the ball out of focus in the middle
Music: Taylor Swift "Look What You Made Me Do"

Video: Starts with a zoomed in image of the ball that is out of focus as the camera pans back the ball and color become focused and then the truvis colors start rapidly changing. The word "Custom" Floats down from the top as the song is in the hook saying "look what you made me do". The video ends as the screen fades to black with just the Callaway logo and the words "Chrome Soft".

I would add some cool electronic music and have a mixture of forward, reverse, left and right movements and shutters to go along with the beat then at the end have the screen say
"CALLAWAY CHROMESOFT TRUVIS: THP EDITION"

I would start with the video the way it is then zoom in on the custom THP logo on the first ball and keep zooming until it fill the screen and fade the background to black as it morphs into the forum logo and headline. I would also put some music to it, not 100% sure what I would go with though.

First thing I thought of was the stereotypical movie trailer voice-over "IN A WORLD, WHERE GOLFERS ARE USING GOLF BALLS THAT LOOK LIKE MINIATURE SOCCER BALLS..." Must have something to do with that slow zoom in.

I would show Velardo's opening tee shot at Hype with Vince in the background saying "We will make more"

First thing I thought of was the stereotypical movie trailer voice-over "IN A WORLD, WHERE GOLFERS ARE USING GOLF BALLS THAT LOOK LIKE MINIATURE SOCCER BALLS..." Must have something to do with that slow zoom in.

Throw in a couple of these and you're golden. Love it haha good idea.

Good stuff so far guys.

I would add Pat Benatar's "Hit me with your best shot" song-track.

Last edited:
1st thought was to photoshop them into a bobsled, but since the winter olympics are over, that's kind of passe.

I'd fade from black into the slow panning of the golf balls, all while having the Richard Strauss/2001 Space Odyssey Opening Theme playing.

Voice over:
Dear Jack. These are my favorite golf balls. You can pry them from my cold dead hands. Sincerely, every amateur golfer.

I would just make it longer! You can never get enough of these.

Play "Jaws" sound.

Play "Chariots of Fire" While having Phil hit flop shots with them.

I’d put one of those dramatic zoom in sound effects like you hear at the beginning of movies in the theatre, that gets louder the closer the ball gets.

I'd add an empty bottle of malort in the background with circus music playing....

I would have the balls do “Heard it on the grape vine” like the California Raisins.

I'd go with a little "Jaws" theme music, show a club picking them off one by one, and end with a close-up of my five year old grandson laughing maniacally. He'd have a great time putting his Happy Gilmore swing on those.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Play the intro to Immigrant Song and have these look like they are rising up over the horizon of a golf course.

giphy.gif

Can make the Chrome Soft like this & have them running all around the screen?

ZZ TOP Shes Got Legs

Would totally turn it into a star wars opening crawl. Keep it same speed, amazing star wars music. Then at the end, switch to the opening scene of someone blasting it with a driver.

Back