UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype Hybrid Shafts

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
UST Mamiya just realized their new recoil hybrid shaft in a matte black finish this looks fantastic. Sounds like they are higher launching and are available in the prototype shaft in 85g and 100g options.
Has anyone seen these yet?
I. WANT.

I'm curious to see real world performance since these are an upgrade over the previous 780 shaft I was gaming in my Epic hybrid.
68be59e3ff8897ab8419000c65420e1f.jpg

Those look great. And I like the slightly heavier weight in the hybrids along with still a good launch

They definitely look awesome, Danny has been talking about these for a little while. Might have to try one out!

with the new custom recoils announced this morning, I was just wondering if a hybrid model was available as I am looking for a new hybrid shaft for my rogue 3h

I'm sending a Rogue hybrid head down to Texas next week to try out the 100g model, should be a lot of fun! I'll post some thoughts in here once a get a little time with it. :D

with the new custom recoils announced this morning, I was just wondering if a hybrid model was available as I am looking for a new hybrid shaft for my rogue 3h

Right now through their dealers it is Proto irons and Proto wedges per the home page article.

Those look great. And I like the slightly heavier weight in the hybrids along with still a good launch
100g would be awesome as I'm currently gaming the 125 F4 Recoils in my irons... especially with added launch. Could turn my 3H into a real scoring weapon.

Right now through their dealers it is Proto irons and Proto wedges per the home page article.

oh i figured that out after I read the article but it was that same article that got my ponder started this morning on how bad @$$ a custom blue or green recoil hybrid shaft would look in my rogue 3h

I'm sending a Rogue hybrid head down to Texas next week to try out the 100g model, should be a lot of fun! I'll post some thoughts in here once a get a little time with it. :D
Right behind you, bud.

I was just thinking the other day that I would like a hybrid shaft with a little more launch and around 100g. Well, I am genuinely curious about these.

Also big plus: these look bad a$$

Those look awesome. Would love to try them in some Cally Apex's!

Very nice.. Jimmy wants !

Has anyone had this shaft installed in their Hybrids as of yet.
Any thoughts on the launch?

Did the hybrid ever come back from Texas? Any feedback on how the shaft performs?

I would be curious to test these against the 780 shafts which I love.

UST is making so amazing shafts these days.

Anyone get one of these yet? I think it might be time to finally upgrade my hybrids, and strongly looking at putting the 85G in them.

Anyone get one of these yet? I think it might be time to finally upgrade my hybrids, and strongly looking at putting the 85G in them.

haha, I was just emailing Danny back and forth about this shaft. I told him I hate my HZRDUS black I have now.

haha, I was just emailing Danny back and forth about this shaft. I told him I hate my HZRDUS black I have now.

Nice, what did he say? I like the medium-high launch the website is saying.

Nice, what did he say? I like the medium-high launch the website is saying.

He asked if I needed more or less height? I said more, he said this one and it will provide more feel than my boardy HZRDUS black. Which is what I don't like about it....feels like im hitting a stock of rebar. To their defense, I didn't get the chance to test the Black out before I put it in my woods for the Cleveland event.

This one is on the way!

So I put a Proto Utility in my Hybrid and I gotta say it is pretty fantastic. Nice high launch, 110 F5 and its a smidge softer than my V2 but still very sturdy. Might be a a nice alternative to the Proto hybrid shaft.

Didn’t some THPers win this shaft in a recent contest? If so where we at??

Back