Android Phone Thread

Had mine for two weeks - been in a golf cart, my pocket, my golf bag and no issues to speak of yet.

Edit: And it looks like this is spreading because a few blogs "reported" on some people from reddit posting about issues.

Not concerned in the least bit.

Had mine for two weeks - been in a golf cart, my pocket, my golf bag and no issues to speak of yet.
Probably just people looking for their 15 minutes. I doubt many 6+s ended up bending but we know how that took off.

My G3 camera may get its first real test this afternoon. Going to Media Day for Towson and hope to get some pics that are good enough quality to use in the article.

Probably just people looking for their 15 minutes. I doubt many 6+s ended up bending but we know how that took off.

Yup - it is crazy how people try to start crap during every major electronic release.

My G3 camera may get its first real test this afternoon. Going to Media Day for Towson and hope to get some pics that are good enough quality to use in the article.
You were up in Towson? Damn, I could have stepped out before my shift started.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This battery life on Marshmallow is incredible. It is almost 8 and I still have 72 percent wow

I went a bit different with my next phone. Ordered a Sony xperia z5 premium dual e6883. It will be the first time in a long time I've gone away from samsung. Will keep my note 5 just in case lol

I went a bit different with my next phone. Ordered a Sony xperia z5 premium dual e6883. It will be the first time in a long time I've gone away from samsung. Will keep my note 5 just in case lol
You had any charging issues with your note 5 dude? When I plug mine in it doesn't always fast charge. I have to unplug and plug a bunch of times until it says fast charging and actually is. I read some people had the same issue so I wanted to see if you did. My charger is mint and so is my port so idk if it's just one of those stupid bugs they'll address or if I should contact Verizon

You had any charging issues with your note 5 dude? When I plug mine in it doesn't always fast charge. I have to unplug and plug a bunch of times until it says fast charging and actually is. I read some people had the same issue so I wanted to see if you did. My charger is mint and so is my port so idk if it's just one of those stupid bugs they'll address or if I should contact Verizon
Honestly I only charge via wireless charging pad. I hate plugging in cables and a tethered phone is a good possibility of broken charging port in my house with 3 kids and a dog running around.

Honestly I only charge via wireless charging pad. I hate plugging in cables and a tethered phone is a good possibility of broken charging port in my house with 3 kids and a dog running around.
Ah gotcha, makes total sense. I really want one of those! I'll have to look into that.

Have had the 6p for just about a week now. Went with Nerfny to the VZW store for her to check out some phones for her. I was fooling around with the V10. I'm contemplating changing to it.

Have had the 6p for just about a week now. Went with Nerfny to the VZW store for her to check out some phones for her. I was fooling around with the V10. I'm contemplating changing to it.
Do you not like the 6P? Why are you thinking of changing?

My Zero Lemon (after well over two years) hasn't been holding the charge as much as before (still getting close to two days out of the 7,500 mah battery), so I got an Anker 7,800 mah battery. It is a little heavier, but not by enough to worry about and this one should do me until it's time for a new phone. It was $28 bucks total, compared to $40 for the Zero Lemon.

I was originally only going to use the FrankenBattery from time to time, but I've used it ever since I got it.

I don't like the case, as it is glossy instead of flat black, so it is slick. I'll pick up some super fine grit sandpaper and buff it out.

Do you not like the 6P? Why are you thinking of changing?

I like it. But I'm still on the fence about no removable battery and no sd card slot. Big fan of SD cards as I have over 6,000 pics and videos loaded on there. The manual camera mode on the V10 was pretty awesome, although I see there are some manual camera apps that I could try. Am having one issue with it at home though with wifi. Seems to connect and then not get any internet. Will start loading and then stop all while saying it's still loaded. Then when I try to get to a webpage or app it crawls. Meanwhile on my s5 that sits next to it, I am connected and going from site to site with no issues. I have some things to try tonight with it after talking with Google Support.

Are there any Note 5 users that have feedback since it has been out awhile? I am up for an upgrade (Verizon) and am having a hard time deciding what to get. I have an S4 right now and part of me wants to go to a new brand so the 6p is in play also. The biggest thing for me is having a good camera and good battery.

Are there any Note 5 users that have feedback since it has been out awhile? I am up for an upgrade (Verizon) and am having a hard time deciding what to get. I have an S4 right now and part of me wants to go to a new brand so the 6p is in play also. The biggest thing for me is having a good camera and good battery.
I love my note 5 and it's a fantastic device imo. The camera on it is really good for a phone and I think it's one of the best out right now. Don't quote me on that but I think I read it ranked really high. I've had zero issues with mine except this little charger bug I've encountered lately. It doesn't fast charge every time I plug it in so I have to unplug and replug until it says fast charging. That could easily just be a faulty charger tho. Other than that it's perfect and I enjoy everything about it. I also came from an s4 and it's a HUGE upgrade over that imo. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all

Somehow the screen on my Nexus 5 smashed while riding in the cart this morning. Easy fix? Or am I officially phone shopping?

I love my note 5 and it's a fantastic device imo. The camera on it is really good for a phone and I think it's one of the best out right now. Don't quote me on that but I think I read it ranked really high. I've had zero issues with mine except this little charger bug I've encountered lately. It doesn't fast charge every time I plug it in so I have to unplug and replug until it says fast charging. That could easily just be a faulty charger tho. Other than that it's perfect and I enjoy everything about it. I also came from an s4 and it's a HUGE upgrade over that imo. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all

That's great to hear and is really the way i am leaning. I am also pondering the S6 Edge+. I know the curved even ultimately doesn't do much, but for some reason it just adds something special to the look of the picture for me. I would constantly be afraid of busting the screen though!

Also, has anyone purchased a phone through Best buy? Is there a benefit our negative to working with them versus a Verizon store?

That's great to hear and is really the way i am leaning. I am also pondering the S6 Edge+. I know the curved even ultimately doesn't do much, but for some reason it just adds something special to the look of the picture for me. I would constantly be afraid of busting the screen though!

Also, has anyone purchased a phone through Best buy? Is there a benefit our negative to working with them versus a Verizon store?
I got my S4 through Best Buy right before T-Mobile quit selling phones that way. Got for free with a two year contract. If I had done it through T-Mobile it would have been $169 with a two year contract.

If it's cheaper and everything else is equal, do it.

Just traded up to the LG V10 with TMO from a G3.
Outside of it being big, which it doesn’t feel as big as it really is, it’s a great phone. Very fast. The camera/video is pretty sick.
Plus they had the 200GB SD card, extra battery and battery cradle promo. Also came with 100GB of Google Drive space for 2 years.

Just traded up to the LG V10 with TMO from a G3.
Outside of it being big, which it doesn’t feel as big as it really is, it’s a great phone. Very fast. The camera/video is pretty sick.
Plus they had the 200GB SD card, extra battery and battery cradle promo. Also came with 100GB of Google Drive space for 2 years.
Those are some sweet perks. The 200 gig SD card is awesome. Let us know how you like the phone

Well I ended up going with the Note 5 and am really happy with it so far. Samsung has definitely improved their system since the S4 I had. I'm not sure how much I will use the stylus but it's a nice feature that will come in handy. The best part for me is the camera is fantastic.

Last edited:
Well I ended up going with the Note 5 and am really happy with it so far. Samsung has definitely improved their system since the S4 I had. I'm not sure how much I will use the stylus but it's a nice feature that will come in handy. The best part for me is the camera is fantastic.
Nice purchase, you'll really enjoy it. I find myself using the stylus way more than I thought I would haha. I like marking up pdfs and such with it..

I trying to figure out if in going to upgrade on black Friday. (From a note 3) $50 on 2 yr contact Sprint

Picked up a Sony Xperia z5 premium. It's a bit bigger in hand than the note 5, but smaller screen. Beautiful screen and takes amazing pics. Speed is really good. Not noticing any lag. Finger print scanner on the power button is nice (hit the button with my index finger and it unlocks without swipe or code). Supposed to have great battery life, I'll see next few days. Still getting used to it, been Samsung guy for so long.

First pic with phone:
ba136f0d63a312e3b12534f1e10c507c.jpg

Back