I would be hesitant to wear a nice watch in construction , but it would certainly hold up to the pounding better than most cheap watches. I used to go through a fossil a year, I would destroy the face and usually end up tearing up the Lug Ends, I went to a Seiko and wore it 2 years with no problem. I have had my Tag for 8 years with no problems, including wearing it sporadically as a cop and daily during my own renovation projects.

I'll agree wake my cheap watches never lasted long. But my Eco drive has held up like a champ to the abuse I put it threw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be hesitant to wear a nice watch in construction , but it would certainly hold up to the pounding better than most cheap watches. I used to go through a fossil a year, I would destroy the face and usually end up tearing up the Lug Ends, I went to a Seiko and wore it 2 years with no problem. I have had my Tag for 8 years with no problems, including wearing it sporadically as a cop and daily during my own renovation projects.

I used to be nervous about wearing expensive watches on movie sets (not as tough as a construction site, but we would get down and dirty sometimes,) but i got into a habit of regularly wearing my Rolexes, and Tissot on location - Sure you pick up a few scratches on the bracelets, and clasps, but the crystal is designed for that kind of abuse.

I think a watch that looks worn, is a watch that looks loved.

I think my stainless steel watch with a crystal face can handle more of a beating than my wrist can.

I did damage the clasp a little bit one night going over a fence chasing some one, but that I fixed myself. Paint fill missing on the bezel is the only other sign of wear after all these years.

Thought I'd post a shot of my current modest collection, as I don't think I have previously. 1 quartz, 1 solar, 1 handwind, and 1 auto.

eb43fa8018f804dc329856194de6ef30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thought I'd post a shot of my current modest collection, as I don't think I have previously. 1 quartz, 1 solar, 1 handwind, and 1 auto.

I'll follow your lead, here are a few from my collection.

3858562e39ff248d0f8b18e4173637cd.jpg

I'll follow your lead, here are a few from my collection.

3858562e39ff248d0f8b18e4173637cd.jpg
That entire bottom row makes me swoon. I particularly love the Speedys, the AT, and the Hammy.

Argh, my Omega ponders are reignited now hahaha

That bottom row is a LE Ryder Cup Edition AT, Sapphire Sandwich Speedy Pro, First In Space Edition Speedy, Longines Conquest GMT, Frederique Constant Manufacture Classic, and Hamilton Intra-matic.

My wife calls the Hammy my Mad Men watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I love that conquest

You guys have me pondering a nice watch box to store mine.
Quick update, stopped back into my jeweler and I was wrong, the Citizen EcoDrive golf is $275, not $175. Had it been $175 you would have seen a nice picture below this text with it on my wrist. I'm waiting for Christmas or my next bonus now.

ditto. big fan of Longines, great watches also.. and the Speedy, droooool
I have my Speedy on the Bond Nato right now

0a58193712e19bdc8af758370f052492.jpg

That bottom row is a LE Ryder Cup Edition AT, Sapphire Sandwich Speedy Pro, First In Space Edition Speedy, Longines Conquest GMT, Frederique Constant Manufacture Classic, and Hamilton Intra-matic.

My wife calls the Hammy my Mad Men watch.

I am a huge fan of every one of those for sure. Really difficult to pick a favorite, but I am a sucker for Speedys.

The Intra-matic definitely has that retro Mad Men look to it. Along those lines I'd love to pick up a Seiko Cocktail Time at some point - this one in particular:

s_sarb065b_1024x1024.jpeg

Yea I bounce between the AT and the Speedy as my daily wear. Outside of that, it depends on which client I visit as to what I wear.

On the Seiko, love it! For modern, Grand Seiko all the way, but I am on the hunt for a vintage King Seiko.

Yea I bounce between the AT and the Speedy as my daily wear. Outside of that, it depends on which client I visit as to what I wear.

On the Seiko, love it! For modern, Grand Seiko all the way, but I am on the hunt for a vintage King Seiko.

Grand Seikos are incredible. Big money, but you get so much more for that money than with just about any other brand.

Grand Seikos are incredible. Big money, but you get so much more for that money than with just about any other brand.

You really do. From accuracy, to style, to quality... they rival any swiss counterpart.

You guys have me pondering a nice watch box to store mine.
Quick update, stopped back into my jeweler and I was wrong, the Citizen EcoDrive golf is $275, not $175. Had it been $175 you would have seen a nice picture below this text with it on my wrist. I'm waiting for Christmas or my next bonus now.

So glad I picked up a watch box. Used to store em in my sock drawer, but once I got a mechanical it seemed way too tacky hahaha

Ordered this one earlier today.

e09d38e9a78b4d9d10a2d32f188856f2.jpg

That Nighthawk seems to be a very popular piece here haha. It's a looker for sure!

Ordered this one earlier today.

Thats a better version of the one I wear. I have a G-Shock Mudman G9000 3031. Mine is indestructible and i like it a lot. A dress version of it wouldn't be bad though. This one fits that well.

My favorite so far has been my Casio Daytona Chronograph. Cost me about $200-250 online and had been great.

35a61335f1e47482c3c52698c6423ff6.jpg

BUT. I am very excited about the new Moto 360 2nd gen smart watch that is out. Never have wanted and Apple watch due to the look of it but this looks pretty classy and is only around $300. And yes that is a digital touch screen. Works best with android but will still have good functionality with iPhone. At the top of my wish list for Christmas!

cb796322e7493ea284c20e0c301a7ab2.jpg

The smart watch that has my attention is the Kairos Hybrid. It is a mechanical smart watch released in mid 2014. I don't necessarily like the style, but I am watching to see what they do in the future. If they can put a smart screen on an Omega AT style face... done and done, I will own it.

Spoiler
Kairos-Mechanical-Smart-watch-1.jpg

Kairos-Mechanical-Smart-watch-19.jpg

Kairos-Mechanical-Smart-watch-7.jpg

https://kairoswatches.com/watches/

Back