Is laser finder legal

chriso97

Mad Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
slope: not legal
distance only: legal only for handicapped rounds (consult USGA Handicap System manual for specifics), if a Local Rule permits it, or in a USGA Amateur Championship and associated qualifying events

Last edited:
I thought if you could visibly identify that the slope function was off it was legal?

I thought if you could visibly identify that the slope function was off it was legal?

Me too....as long as visibly known if off or on.

if you can disable the display of slope information, it is legal when distance measuring devices are permitted, although if it is not obvious to others you may end up on the receiving end of some interrogation

My concern is the "angle" ... Can I use it if it shows angle ?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Angle = slope. So you cannot use it. As for the slope mode not being visible I think it is correct in saying you can use it as long as it does not show through the viewfinder.

My coach in college told me as long as I covered the display on the side of my rangefinder I could still use it. So thru college my rangefinder has hockey tape covering the display which gives the angle

Sent from HTX

Hmmm I thought slope was the recalculated distance based on the angle.

But anyway , appears it ain't legal. (At least for tournament play)

Lots like a heck of a unit for under $80. Like others, I would say the slope and angle features would not be legal for tournament play.

Hmmm I thought slope was the recalculated distance based on the angle.

But anyway , appears it ain't legal. (At least for tournament play)

Not legal for recording handicap rounds either.

Yep ... Since I don't play many social rounds nowadays it's a big disappointment.
Such a pity as it's a great unit at a great price point.

Back