Had my best feeling after a round today

Gilbertc13

Mizuno Staffer
Reaction score
Handicap
As I wrote in the what did you shoot today thread, I feel so good about my game today. I stood up on the range and had the laterals, or the hosels if you will. And said screw it I’ll work on putting to take my mind off of it. I taught myself Aimpoint, to the extent that I didn’t read one green traditionally today. I had 23 putts, a record low and a 74 which is very respectable.

Putting has been the weakest part of my game for as long as I can remember. It’s never helped save me strokes, it has only hurt me. I’d never have a chance to scramble because it would just be a bogey or worse and I figured the flat stick out. Just thought I’d share with you guys.

Have y’all ever had a round which was not your best scoring round ever but you felt awesome about it?

Sent from HTX

Oh yeah. Although rounds during my best scores seemed free and easy (to say maybe, not repeat), I've been most proud of rounds where I either scrambled to score well or fought the elements to score much better then I'd have assumed.

I've learned that sometimes bogey, considering the particular circumstance, can be a great score. The overall number is always our defining goal but small victories can be plentiful yet often overlooked during a round.

As I wrote in the what did you shoot today thread, I feel so good about my game today. I stood up on the range and had the laterals, or the hosels if you will. And said screw it I’ll work on putting to take my mind off of it. I taught myself Aimpoint, to the extent that I didn’t read one green traditionally today. I had 23 putts, a record low and a 74 which is very respectable.

Putting has been the weakest part of my game for as long as I can remember. It’s never helped save me strokes, it has only hurt me. I’d never have a chance to scramble because it would just be a bogey or worse and I figured the flat stick out. Just thought I’d share with you guys.

Have y’all ever had a round which was not your best scoring round ever but you felt awesome about it?

Sent from HTX

I'd be interested in how you taught yourself Aimpoint....care to divulge?

Back