2016 Albatross Club is Now Open - THP Community Making A Difference

oops that was supposed to be WEATHER RIGHT NOW. It's currently in the low 40s with rain. The weather here through the summer and fall is always pristine for golf!

Yeah we had a really good time at both THP Events last year. Cog Hill with Callaway Golf for the Gauntlet and Wilson Golf HQ for Staff Proto.

I don't want to make waves with this post, but just to be clear, I will not be joining the Albatross Club this year. It is for philosophical reasons, stemming from what the Humane Society of the United States really IS, and what it most certainly is NOT. It IS an animal RIGHTS organization (think PETA), not an animal WELFARE organization. The HSUS actively uses its donations to lobby for animals not to be owned or used by humans. They are NOT in any way affiliated with your local *actual Humane Society. These are animal WELFARE organizations. PETA and HSUS have goals very much aligned with one another, and in some cases share board members. They are not what you most likely think they are. And I won't be giving them my money.

I don't want to make waves with this post, but just to be clear, I will not be joining the Albatross Club this year. It is for philosophical reasons, stemming from what the Humane Society of the United States really IS, and what it most certainly is NOT. It IS an animal RIGHTS organization (think PETA), not an animal WELFARE organization. The HSUS actively uses its donations to lobby for animals not to be owned or used by humans. They are NOT in any way affiliated with your local *actual Humane Society. These are animal WELFARE organizations. PETA and HSUS have goals very much aligned with one another, and in some cases share board members. They are not what you most likely think they are. And I won't be giving them my money.

Read through the first post and thread. The money does NOT go to the Humane Society. It goes to individual shelters of OUR choosing that impact animals directly.

Join or not (we hope yo do) but the info is there and we definitely know exactly where the money goes and how much good it does. THPers will directly save the lives and help for the care of thousands of animals.

The Albatroos club on THP does nothing but support a worthy cause. Any issues you may have are not related to what the THP MEMBERS AND STAFF ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH, yes, the caps are on purpose!

Read through the first post and thread. The money does NOT go to the Humane Society. It goes to individual shelters of OUR choosing that impact animals directly.

Join or not (we hope yo do) but the info is there and we definitely know exactly where the money goes and how much good it does. THPers will directly save the lives and help for the care of thousands of animals.
Quote from the OP:

"The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
We and our affiliates provide hands-on care and services to more than 100,000 animals each year, and we professionalize the field through education and training for local organizations. We are the leading animal advocacy organization, seeking a humane world for people and animals alike."

That quote, along with their logo, wouldn't be there if that wasn't where at least some of the money is going. THEY are who I was saying is not who they say they are. I am, again I will state, not trying to make waves or troll. I just wanted to make you aware of why I can't donate, and good luck with your fundraiser and Masters Contest.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not sure on your full fledged troll agenda here dude, but I'm proud to donate my hard earned money to THP and to help animals in ANY WAY. That's my philosophical reason for donating.

THP donates to local shelters and gas been up front about it. Local.

If you didn't want to make waves, you wouldn't have posted. Nature of the beast.

Regardless of who WE are helping, first and foremost were doing it for us. Yeah that sounds selfish, and I'm ok with it. However, THP has decided to share with a worthy organization again this year. It symbolic on what WE are all about. Bigger than self, certainly people can find fault with that if they look hard enough. But I. The end there are those that will join in and those that won't. But everyone knows that the $$ spent is the best money spent in golf.....period

Quote from the OP:

That quote, along with their logo, wouldn't be there if that wasn't where at least some of the money is going.

Actually that is not the case.
The monies collected are going DIRECTLY to the shelters from THP. That is it.

But if it makes it any easier, I can just keep your donation separately and use it to support THP only.

In the end with what goes back to the community, THP (like most other sites) could have just kept the money and used it for the costs associated with this website. Knowing we are making a difference and knowing we are impacting something that matters as we did last year with Folds of Honor and this year DIRECTLY to shelters of OUR choosing matters more than collecting the money for our own internal costs.

So as I said, donate if you choose for the opportunities it brings and I will personally hold your money aside for THP costs, instead of bringing it to an individual shelter. This way you have no worries at all.

I tell you what. I will pay it forward and pay for your albatross club membership if you have plans of supporting THP. I have confidence that the money will not only go towards the shelters and help the animals but also help fund some of the greatest golf events average joes like us could experience. Send me a pm

I tell you what. I will pay it forward and pay for your albatross club membership if you have plans of supporting THP. I have confidence that the money will not only go towards the shelters and help the animals but also help fund some of the greatest golf events average joes like us could experience. Send me a pm
This is what THP is all about. Nice gesture sir.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think it's somewhat selfish to not donate because it's going to a cause you don't personally support. It's helping many different things....

To each is their own I suppose. Thanks to JB for allowing some of this money to go to something other than THP. That in and of itself is pretty awesome and I fully support the efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with T2grn. I want in 9n these amazing thp events!

Today on National Pet Day, we are honored to be able to help shelters in the name of this community. Thank you THPers and those that decide to join

It was a no brainer choice to join when my wife and I saw where the funds go. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to make a difference.

Newest family members (Mona on left and Jax on right) would like to thank THP and all the Albatross members.

fe6385c2415c6c623e8778b31e134ea2.jpg

So awesome.

My guy Kiko, came to us from the Humane Society. He is a Putt-Boxer mix. I can't imagine him not being in our lives, and appreciate the partnership between THP and the Humane Society. My Albatross membership would happen without question, but helping animals is icing in the cake.

I did mean pit not putt. Must be too much rum while I'm in the Cayman Islands. I guess for THP, putt does sound appropriate

Just want to take a moment and say thank you to everybody that has joined the club so far. We have done some killer things already such as THP events, contests and more, but never fret a TON more AC only things are still to come.

Just want to take a moment and say thank you to everybody that has joined the club so far. We have done some killer things already such as THP events, contests and more, but never fret a TON more AC only things are still to come.

We need new ballcaps

We need new ballcaps

We sold our of our previous ones and when we sell out of the 1/4 zips we will be looking into it, however must sell out of those first since we have a lot of inventory still here.

We sold our of our previous ones and when we sell out of the 1/4 zips we will be looking into it, however must sell out of those first since we have a lot of inventory still here.

Im too fat for those, lol

Back