Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

I had a problem with the 58W, going to try the 58C so I can open a little.

Thinking back to my bunker session I had yesterday I was really focusing on the 58W and 58PM grind I have. I tried to hit different shots (buried, against the lip, above/below my feet) & for me they both performed equally as well. It's purely personal, but I prefer the traditional shape of the MD3 over the PM.

Where I was really impressed was that on buried lies I coils still elevate the ball and I saw minimal roll out. On a few normal bunker shots I was seeing some decent check of the ball and that was encouraging. I'll keep comparing the two, but I think come December the MD3 58 will probably end up in the bag .

I said it when I got the 56 and I'll say it again now. This is the best wedge I've ever used. Hands down. And I really loved the Vokey SM4 and SM5. But I've had some of the best greenside chips from buried lies I've ever had. Full swings are smooth and easy. Very good action on chip shots. Just all around a fantastic offering. I will for sure have the 60 in my bag at the Grandaddy but the question is do I put a 52 in there instead of the Apex AW???

I said it when I got the 56 and I'll say it again now. This is the best wedge I've ever used. Hands down. And I really loved the Vokey SM4 and SM5. But I've had some of the best greenside chips from buried lies I've ever had. Full swings are smooth and easy. Very good action on chip shots. Just all around a fantastic offering. I will for sure have the 60 in my bag at the Grandaddy but the question is do I put a 52 in there instead of the Apex AW???

That is my same ponder right now. I have traditionally been a 3 wedge guy. Sand wedge being high bounce.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

That is my same ponder right now. I have traditionally been a 3 wedge guy. Sand wedge being high bounce.

I was until the SpeedBlade AW which was fantastic for me. Ever since then I've just not been as comfortable over the ball needing to make a full swing with a non set gap wedge. But these MD3 wedges are so nice

Thats a testimonial, because I know you were a fan of the Vokeys too.

The MD3 quickly regulated the SM5's to the sidelines. I don't full swing wedges so these fit me perfectly.

I just picked up a 50* md3 and will be picking up a 46* md3 because of how good they are. Honestly they are the best wedges I have ever played. So smooth and reliable from any lie and any shot! Those paired up with my 64* pm grind has significantly improved my short game.

And it's the best black finish on a wedge I have EVER seen. My 54 still looks SOOOOOO good.

And it's the best black finish on a wedge I have EVER seen. My 54 still looks SOOOOOO good.

Dude absolutely. 7 rounds and about 6 range sessions and it still looks brand new. DNevs and i talked about the finish specifically and I asked him if it compared to the Vokey SM5 black finish and when he said it was better I thought he was just blowing smoke. Not even the case

The 54 w grind is so easy out of the bunker. By far the best wedge I have played...the 50* is a solid GW as well. Very happy with the move to these

I'm loving my 60S. Used it yesterday from all around th green and within 40 yds of green. Gaining confidence every time I use it and the new shaft I installed is definitely helping me with the soft touch shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why on earth are the pm grinds not available in black!!?!?!????!

Why on earth are the pm grinds not available in black!!?!?!????!

I'd thank this post 100 times if I could!

I'm fully on board with this.
Maybe you should be a really convincing voice in somebody's ear in 5 weeks!!!

After this weekend at the PIG and 72 holes without a 60* in my bag, being forced to lean on my 54W MD3...I'm not so sure I won't go MD3 60 in December and not PM Grind. These wedges are seriously good.

I've been in the group who has always gotten along with the Callaway wedges, but these are honest to goodness another level.

Also, the black finish, again, is stellar. Practically no wear on my 54's sole and minimal on the face.

After this weekend at the PIG and 72 holes without a 60* in my bag, being forced to lean on my 54W MD3...I'm not so sure I won't go MD3 60 in December and not PM Grind. These wedges are seriously good.

I've been in the group who has always gotten along with the Callaway wedges, but these are honest to goodness another level.

Also, the black finish, again, is stellar. Practically no wear on my 54's sole and minimal on the face.

I feel so stupid for not even trying your 54. Talk about ragrets...

Nice bump James. I am thinking 54 and 60 in W grind with black shafts and the acid green grips. Would look phenomenal.

I know I need the W grind, and if it is close to as good out of the sand as the PM Grind, it will happen.

I feel so stupid for not even trying your 54. Talk about ragrets...

I still say you'd enjoy them exponentially more than the priors.

I still say you'd enjoy them exponentially more than the priors.

They will get their chance. I'm pretty locked in with my gamers right now, but 2016 will be a year for change at the bottom of my bag. You better believe that.

I'm a huge fan of these wedges as well. Great feel and really versatile from every lie. I went S grind all the way through and haven't experienced any adverse effects. Love the look, the feel and most of all the performance.

Not surprised but glad to hear it James! Mine should be here this week. Hopefully it works as well for me as it has for you. Don't think I'll be giving up my PM grind any time soon though. Just so easy to hit from all over the place. Feel like I should have a good mix between the two.

Nice bump James. I am thinking 54 and 60 in W grind with black shafts and the acid green grips. Would look phenomenal.

I know I need the W grind, and if it is close to as good out of the sand as the PM Grind, it will happen.

I have the 58 W and it's just as good out of the sand as the pm.

My bag will be crazy with these wedges. All depends on the top end plays out

Love my 48 MD3. Could easily have all MD3 wedges in my bag and be completely ok with that.

Back