Are you tied to your clubs?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
Do you take your clubs where ever you go? Do you rent clubs when you travel? Do you keep a 2nd or 3rd set at another home?

I'm just curious if you feel like your game is tied to your clubs, or if you're comfortable enough that you can score with anything?

I keep a set a each of my summer homes, but I can't seem to leave my regular clubs at home. I have gotten so comfortable with them that I just don't want to leave them behind (maybe I'm afraid they'll be jealous.)

And I never rent clubs.

One set.

Do you take your clubs where ever you go? Do you rent clubs when you travel? Do you keep a 2nd or 3rd set at another home?

I'm just curious if you feel like your game is tied to your clubs, or if you're comfortable enough that you can score with anything?

I keep a set a each of my summer homes, but I can't seem to leave my regular clubs at home. I have gotten so comfortable with them that I just don't want to leave them behind (maybe I'm afraid they'll be jealous.)

And I never rent clubs.

I am a fairly high spin player, so while I can play whatever whenever, I am not terribly optimal without my gamers. I don't think it's overly hard to adapt and I've done it before, but I lose quite a bit off the tee.

All that in mind, I prefer to take my clubs when I travel to play.

I have one set, but I could use a rental set without issue probably. It is just golf after all

I used to be deathly afraid of playing other sets, but now have no issue playing other clubs if I need to. It's not ideal and there are some adjustments, but I'm fine with it if I have to rent or use another set.

If there is even a chance I can golf, I will bring my clubs. I also leave a set at my parents house as they have a course in the community they live in.

I have one set and if I'm playing when I travel they come with me.

Always travel with me.

Just one set for me and they go with me if I know I am going to play.

Nope, if I am driving somewhere they always come with me. Flying? I prefer to be playing at least three rounds to bring them with. I have had decent luck with rental clubs in the past, I play clubs that are pretty close to standard so that probably helps.

One set here (although I've got some extra sticks lying around here and there), and they're coming with me flying if I'm playing at least 2 rounds. If I'm driving, they're coming even if I'm only playing once.

I used to be a rent them when I needed them guy. Then I got fit last year and I migrated my old set to Little Rock where I go a lot. Tried to make them work there (it would have been cheaper) but finally decided I liked my primary set a lot more. Ended up buying a second, essentially identical set, for Little Rock.

These days, if I travel and expect to golf, one of those sets is coming along for the ride.

Three sets. One stays at the club, one travels, and one spare.
If there is ANY chance of getting a round in when I travel by plane, I bring them. I usually carry my clothes and stuff on, so luggage fees are not bad.

I love to tinker, but I currently only have 1 set.

Yes, clubs are always with me if planning to play some where. No interest in renting somewhere unless taking them is just too impractical.

I can't remember the last time I've been on a plane when I didn't bring my clubs. Even if I know the chances are greater that I won't get to play, I still bring them along.

Only have one set at the moment and depending in where/why I'm traveling they would me with me.

Depends on when/where I'm traveling. I took my clubs with me on a 2-month long jaunt to South Carolina, because I knew the weekends would be free and I had a rental car. By comparison, a month long trip to Georgia, they stayed home, because my weekends were going to be busier and I didn't have a car...plus it was in August...in Georgia.

If I suspect I'll be able to golf, I'm going to bring my clubs with me. I like my clubs. I could play with rentals. I have before. It's not so bad.

I only have one set and the set travels with me when I plan on playing.
I haven't rented a set of clubs in over 20 years.

One home for me........but more than one set of clubs. I have the clubs in my sig and a couple of older sets just for fun.

Back