Toe up Jams......

Boeing is the bomb!

Thanks for keeping me in the loop......

JM

Last edited:
0d00a9f0e4b7513aa1c47c453c77b26a.jpg

RFC himself

RFC is the freaking man

So that Toe-Up is going to look CS at address, I'm assuming. I gotta see this one.

That toe up looks interesting, I need to try that one

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I love the look of the toe up. It's how I putt anyway.

I love the look of the toe up. It's how I putt anyway.

Its not really speaking about putting with the toe up at address FWIW, its simply that when you check the toe hang of the putters, there is none, the toe literally points up.

So that Toe-Up is going to look CS at address, I'm assuming. I gotta see this one.
Interesting, eh?

I want to check one out too, and it's not normally something I care for.

I guess in ignorant, I have no idea what the significance of the toe up, toe hang stuff means.

I guess in ignorant, I have no idea what the significance of the toe up, toe hang stuff means.

You know what face-balanced is though, no? This is all abotu the heel-tow weighting of the putter and the role it plays in/with the putting stroke. By being "toe up" it is thought to make for a steadier stroke with less manipulation. Its been done by a couple smaller boutique companies here and there.

Probably best in another thread:

Face balance being evenly distributed weight? How do you know which weighting characteristics work for a persons stroke?

Probably best in another thread:

Face balance being evenly distributed weight? How do you know which weighting characteristics work for a persons stroke?

That one is pretty debated, I'm of the camp that it doesn't matter as much as we make it as long as the person is comfortable with the putter. But, generally, more acr in the stroke = more toe hang, and more SBST = face balanced. This, turns a lot of that thought on its head, its a cool concept overall.

Its not really speaking about putting with the toe up at address FWIW, its simply that when you check the toe hang of the putters, there is none, the toe literally points up.
Got to be some serious weight in the heel, no? Would that result in the propensity to leave the face open for some swings? I'm trying to wrap my head around it ... would a lighter or heavier toe lead to an open face?

I'm interested though. I game a slight arc in my putter stroke.

I love every thing in this thread. Callaway have brought some awesome stuff lately.

Sweet booth and odyssey is coming with some crazy necks

Got to be some serious weight in the heel, no? Would that result in the propensity to leave the face open for some swings? I'm trying to wrap my head around it ... would a lighter or heavier toe lead to an open face?

I'm interested though. I game a slight arc in my putter stroke.

I have a putter with minimum toe hang and it does not force my hands to rotate or not rotate. The putter will move naturally with my hand rotation or lack there of.
For me, putters with toe hand wants to open and close more during the stroke. Face balanced putters resist opening and closing. Hence, I could never putt very well with a face balanced putter, and when I used putters with toe hang, I would have one or two putts a round that just didn't feel right and mishit left or right(no consistency) off line and this was usually when my putting arc was significantly off.
I am not consistent enough a putter to make the same stroke every time and a toe up putter just feels more comfortable for me.

I want, no need to try that #1 Toe Hang. It looks absolutely amazing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yea he is! Remember when he served you pizza?!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

And kept pouring wine for Josh and me!

The plane was great..RFC is the man..looking forward to meeting Chad at some point..I don't know how well I can put with the Toe Up, but I'll certainly give it a try

I'm sorry I've got to point out. In the rally wedge thread there is quite a lot of talk about where the design came from etc. Slightly negative in nature. Cheap Chinese rip off etc. But here in the toe up we have a much more blatant copy and one that doesn't have a history or inspiration ie eyes2 wedge.

That said this toe up seems to have expanded designs in head and configuration.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I've got to point out. In the rally wedge thread there is quite a lot of talk about where the design came from etc. Slightly negative in nature. Cheap Chinese rip off etc. But here in the toe up we have a much more blatant copy and one that doesn't have a history or inspiration ie eyes2 wedge.

That said this toe up seems to have expanded designs in head and configuration.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The toe up notion not being new has actually been mentioned in here a couple of times, I know I mentioned and I believe linked the Edel Torque Balance putter I reviewed which utilized the concept. That said, I see some pretty large differences in the two scenarios.

With the wedge, you have even aesthetically what appears as a total clone, with the exception of the grooves extending to the toe in order to keep some differences between the two intact. When comparing the PM to the Eye 2 (and I was one of the first and loudest here to mention the likenesses) there are more differences in design than many give it credit for, YES the massive toe up look is very Eye 2, but the weighting of the two is done quite differently (in addition to no cavity). The PM to the Rally though, it is pretty cut and dry IMO.

Where the putters are concerned, you have a concept that is being used, not a "blatant copy". Shapes are differentiated and though at first glance the weight removal section in the soles appear similar they are done differently when examined closer. Additionally Odyssey used actual necks to get their toe up weighting and have included their own tech through the MXM face milling. All that said, its a similar concept, but to me calling it a blatant rip-off is a stretch, and I was the first in here to point out the concept was not new. My point is this, are we now going to point at every single perimeter weighted iron and call them blatant rip-offs to the Eye 2 irons? Of course not, its a concept that has been taken and applied in different/tweaked/unique manners by different manufacturers.

Back