2018 Valspar Championship

A lot of firepower in the field this week. This course each year seems to set up differently and not the same "type" of player wins here.

Same with Farmers Ins Open here. There’s really only one way into the course and it’s horribly located on one side of the course away from the clubhouse/practice area. I will say, it will be interesting to see how the course looks on TV with the increased attendance they’re projecting. Expecting to see main groupings exceeding the normal 5-6 row deep galleries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really not sure where they’re going to put that many people on 12, 13, 14. There’s just not a lot of space around those holes between roads, buildings and water hazards.

I think we are going to head over Saturday. If Tiger, Rory and Jordan make the cut it should be a madhouse.

I'm still tempted to take Friday off to head down there. I know if I wait until the weekend, none of them will make the cut.

I think we are going to head over Saturday. If Tiger, Rory, Sergio and Jordan make the cut it should be a madhouse.
It's as stacked a field as we've had here and this is great. Thursday can't come soon enough.

My buddy says ticket sales numbers are higher than they ever thought possible.

This is always one of my favorite events to watch. Love the course and know it well. Excited to see some of the biggest names playing this year. Should be fun.

Let’s see if Tiger can keep the old guys going after Phil’s win last week lol

This tournament has always been a pass for me, but I'll be tuned in this year for sure. So great for golf when the top players mix up their schedule.

This tournament has always been a pass for me, but I'll be tuned in this year for sure. So great for golf when the top players mix up their schedule.

Tiger tends to make tournaments way more exciting. Either watching to see how good he can be, or how awful it might turn out.

Tiger tends to make tournaments way more exciting. Either watching to see how good he can be, or how awful it might turn out.

Then its on to the will he make the cut game and all that entails afterwards if he does

Then its on to the will he make the cut game and all that entails afterwards if he does

absolutely. With all of the super talented young guns on the tour, nobody brings the attention ALL THE TIME like he does.

First time to play in the fantasy league and I've now picked the winner for the first 3 tournaments. If I get it again this week I'm gonna go buy a lotto ticket.

My office is 5 minutes from Innisbrook, I am avoiding my office like the plague this week.

Or charge for parking.

Disclaimer: If I wind up going to the tournament, do not charge me for parking.

My buddy says ticket sales numbers are higher than they ever thought possible.

The Tiger effect :bulgy-eyes:

Or charge for parking.

Disclaimer: If I wind up going to the tournament, do not charge me for parking.
The local Web.com event has the exact same thing happen!

My office is 5 minutes from Innisbrook, I am avoiding my office like the plague this week.

Hope its not too terrible. Heading over on sunday hoping for the best with the field

For those of you that have played Copperhead, what kind of golfer has the advantage on this course? Shot shapers, putting aces, short-game masters? Seems like the course plays short but tough.

For those of you that have played Copperhead, what kind of golfer has the advantage on this course? Shot shapers, putting aces, short-game masters? Seems like the course plays short but tough.

You have to control it off the tee.
You have to be rolling the rock well.

Ball strikers and straight drivers. If you get off the fairway this course kicks your *ss

And JB beat me to it, but he's spot on.

Sales will be up way more than 25% this year, no question about it, adding Rory, Tiger and Spieth.
The new admission gates is pretty funny, because for years, every regular "goer" has said its downright terrible getting in and out. Part of that is the way the course is set and where it is. Its not in Tampa, like they advertise and its certainly not in Clearwater Beach. Its in an "interesting" section of town that is very "tired". So there are not a ton of ways in and out, but really 2. And in years past, only 1 ticket entry area.

I was thinking about that yesterday. The road setup is not great to get in and out of that course. It has to be a nightmare dealing with the traffic at the resort.

You have to control it off the tee.
You have to be rolling the rock well.

Exactly this.

And you need to be good from the sand. Oh so much sand.

Back