2018 Valspar Championship

I think we are going to head over Saturday. If Tiger, Rory and Jordan make the cut it should be a madhouse.

Let me know if you do, that’s what day I was planning on as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you that have played Copperhead, what kind of golfer has the advantage on this course? Shot shapers, putting aces, short-game masters? Seems like the course plays short but tough.

It’s definitely not about length off the tee on this course, you have to keep it in the fairway, and be able to putt very well.... if you are short you better have a damn good short game

Woods-Spieth-Stenson
Rory-Rose-Woodland
Sergio-Scott-Kuchar

Some big boy pairings right there

V. Taylor has withdrawn.
Make note THP Fantasy Golf participants.

Sales will be up way more than 25% this year, no question about it, adding Rory, Tiger and Spieth.
The new admission gates is pretty funny, because for years, every regular "goer" has said its downright terrible getting in and out. Part of that is the way the course is set and where it is. Its not in Tampa, like they advertise and its certainly not in Clearwater Beach. Its in an "interesting" section of town that is very "tired". So there are not a ton of ways in and out, but really 2. And in years past, only 1 ticket entry area.

It is kind of weird that within a couple minutes of leaving the resort you're driving by trailer parks and mom and pop businesses. Once you pull in the resort everything in well kept and very nice and the Copperhead course is extremely nice, but not a typical Florida course AT ALL! It was definitely worth the trip down.

After playing the course in January this is one of the tournaments I'm most excited about watching this season!

It is kind of weird that within a couple minutes of leaving the resort you're driving by trailer parks and mom and pop businesses. Once you pull in the resort everything in well kept and very nice and the Copperhead course is extremely nice, but not a typical Florida course AT ALL! It was definitely worth the trip down.

After playing the course in January this is one of the tournaments I'm most excited about watching this season!

Yeah its in interesting area, that is for sure. From there towards the water, it gets nicer, but on US19, which the resort is, right around there is a bit "interesting".

My strategy this week for fantasy was to pick old dudes. 6 of my picks are within 5 years of 40 (both sides) and then I have Ernie Els and Jim Furyk both getting close to 50 ;)

BTW- Ells and Furyk cost a grand total of 47K!!!! I know its a long shot but this week is for the old fellas!

Yeah its in interesting area, that is for sure. From there towards the water, it gets nicer, but on US19, which the resort is, right around there is a bit "interesting".
Especially the Winghouse...

Only you two, have people visiting from out of the state, staying at an upscale golf resort would take them to a bad wing chain restaurant.
900 great places around there, so lets go to the place that shows of csection scars like James Beard awards...And no, James Beard is not a guy named Jim with a nice beard : )

Squad selected for the 2nd week in a row! BAM

Squad selected for the 2nd week in a row! BAM

tenor.gif

Only you two, have people visiting from out of the state, staying at an upscale golf resort would take them to a bad wing chain restaurant.
900 great places around there, so lets go to the place that shows of csection scars like James Beard awards...And no, James Beard is not a guy named Jim with a nice beard : )

I mean.... we asked what they wanted... we still had a good time. And we got to see the classic I don’t like what I just drank Wardy face

Huge bounce back week for me, 2nd highest cash total at the WGC.

9 golfers this week, avoided picking Tiger. Only golfer of the 9 that I'm still "eh" on is Billy Horschel.

It wasn't so bad. Although I did feel bad for the 8 month pregnant waitress carrying the tray around...

Huge bounce back week for me, 2nd highest cash total at the WGC.

9 golfers this week, avoided picking Tiger. Only golfer of the 9 that I'm still "eh" on is Billy Horschel.

I'm rolling with 9 myself, I had Tiger for and minute and dropped him from the roster in favor of someone who might keep the ball in play more often. It was hard...

It wasn't so bad. Although I did feel bad for the 8 month pregnant waitress carrying the tray around...

Haha. You just capped off my brilliant description story so perfectly.

Whoa whoa whoa for the record I never mentioned Winghouse and did not suggest Winghouse. I was simply along for the ride. dwc is the one who chose Winghouse.

I'm rolling with 9 myself, I had Tiger for and minute and dropped him from the roster in favor of someone who might keep the ball in play more often. It was hard...
I've already used Tiger twice in 2 starts. Gotta save him for when he gets dialed in and later in the season.

Whoa whoa whoa for the record I never mentioned Winghouse and did not suggest Winghouse. I was simply along for the ride. dwc is the one who chose Winghouse.

Whoa whoa whoa, I just suggested they had cheap beer and food....
But back to on topic, I can’t wait to watch the big cat swing

I will never understand people's obsession with Winghouse, I mean sure you have boobs but... Yeah i guess I do get it.

Haha. You just capped off my brilliant description story so perfectly.

I've already used Tiger twice in 2 starts. Gotta save him for when he gets dialed in and later in the season.

I used him once and almost used him this week for a value pick at 120k, but I'm just not super confident he's gonna be contending this weekend and I like him more on other courses right now. Of course I'm also trying to spread my starts around too...

I will never understand people's obsession with Winghouse, I mean sure you have boobs but... Yeah i guess I do get it.

There was that...and beers and finger foods. But mostly...:D

Did someone in here say boobs?

kramer enter.gif

Back