2018 Valspar Championship

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
From Innisbrook in the Tampa Bay area, the Copperhead course is a tough one. This year the field added Rory and Tiger, as well as Spieth returning. Should be one heck of a tournament.

Excited to watch Tiger progress a little bit more this week.

Looking forward to seeing if Tiger can keep the momentum going. Sounds like a strong field will be in order for this one.

The Tiger woods show

Those are some tight fairways, it will be interesting to see how he plays at this course.

Those are some tight fairways, it will be interesting to see how he plays at this course.

Hopefully that means driver stays in the bag for the most part.

Excited to see these guys play this course. It tore me up something fierce a few short weeks ago.

I heard on the Kyle Porter podcast they have had to add 4 new parking areas since Tiger committed.

I heard on the Kyle Porter podcast they have had to add 4 new parking areas since Tiger committed.

He is sort of right. They are technically there but didn’t have to use them last year or the year before.

Hoping for a strong showing from El Tigre

Here comes the snake pit!

If I made par on 16 from the back, this course can't be that hard. :alien:

Looking forward to seeing another course on TV that I can relate to. (I was in that bunker and missed over there and was in that bunker...)

The field should be really good and I wish that I was going back down to watch after being there 6 weeks ago.

If I made par on 16 from the back, this course can't be that hard. :alien:

Looking forward to seeing another course on TV that I can relate to. (I was in that bunker and missed over there and was in that bunker...)

The field should be really good and I wish that I was going back down to watch after being there 6 weeks ago.

I’ll only be able to relate to anybody who misses fairway right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Thursday off and it is going to be 33 degrees. Time to renew PGA Tour Live.

This is a stupid course designed by a sick twisted mind on a bad day. I can’t wait to see it eat these guys up! ?

I think Tiger is either going to struggle mightily or destroy this course.

Looks like Tiger fan boys arent the only ones getting hyped about his comeback tour. His cost in fantasy just went up 600%

2018 Valspar Championship

He is sort of right. They are technically there but didn’t have to use them last year or the year before.

Also stated by NBC prior to yesterday’s final round telecast of the WGC Mexico championship, ticket sales were up 25% and they were creating new admissions gates to help accommodate getting people in/out of the course. That’s just crazy

Also stated by NBC prior to yesterday’s final round telecast of the WBC Mexico championship, ticket sales were up 25% and they were creating new admissions gates to help accommodate getting people in/out of the course. That’s just crazy

Sales will be up way more than 25% this year, no question about it, adding Rory, Tiger and Spieth.
The new admission gates is pretty funny, because for years, every regular "goer" has said its downright terrible getting in and out. Part of that is the way the course is set and where it is. Its not in Tampa, like they advertise and its certainly not in Clearwater Beach. Its in an "interesting" section of town that is very "tired". So there are not a ton of ways in and out, but really 2. And in years past, only 1 ticket entry area.

This course is the hardest course on the local golf simulator lol. Fairways are miniscule if you count overhanging branches.

Have they announced pairings yet?

Sales will be up way more than 25% this year, no question about it, adding Rory, Tiger and Spieth.
The new admission gates is pretty funny, because for years, every regular "goer" has said its downright terrible getting in and out. Part of that is the way the course is set and where it is. Its not in Tampa, like they advertise and its certainly not in Clearwater Beach. Its in an "interesting" section of town that is very "tired". So there are not a ton of ways in and out, but really 2. And in years past, only 1 ticket entry area.

Same with Farmers Ins Open here. There’s really only one way into the course and it’s horribly located on one side of the course away from the clubhouse/practice area. I will say, it will be interesting to see how the course looks on TV with the increased attendance they’re projecting. Expecting to see main groupings exceeding the normal 5-6 row deep galleries.

I always love watching tournaments on courses that I’ve actually played.

Back