Forum Testing Signup - SwingByte 2

I really am looking forward to verifying the accuracy of the data. If it does what it's supposed to do and the virtual coach helps me with what my pro goes along with (face, path and weight shift) then we'll have a winner.
I'm going to bring my driver also into the mix with this and see if the numbers are relatively close with flightscope.
This is the perfect time for us to test this. Off season to work on technical aspects.
Stoked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

look forward to the thoughts on this. I've been curious on them for a while now.

Congrats to the 5 very capable testers!

Congrats fellas

Forum Testing Signup - SwingByte 2

I just downloaded the app. Pretty interesting little device.

It took some time to update "My Golf Bag" with all the proper club specifications including length, lie, and loft. For those fortunate enough to have been selected, I'd recommend downloading the app and setting up your bag prior to the Swingbyte 2 arrival.
54abda1018d2df47f05f67bc31399964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats fellas! I just noticed an app update was recently released that fixed some bugs, it's running smoother now.

How long did it take you to set this up? Was finding the specs the more time consuming part, or is it mainly due to the interface?

It took some time to update "My Golf Bag" with all the proper club specifications including length, lie, and loft. For those fortunate enough to have been selected, I'd recommend downloading the app and setting up your bag prior to the Swingbyte 2 arrival.

Haha, already done!!

It does not take much time to plug your info in, but you need to find the OEM specs for your specific clubs. Look up your clubs at the factory site and there should be a page dedicated to that club with all the info you need to input. That is what takes time. Plugging in the info is a breeze. You can even customize your clubs with nick names and such. I have a TaylorMade White Smoke Putter, so in the App, I called my putter "White Smoke".

As an example, I don't know what the lie is for the Cobra Fly Z Hybrids I have, as they are adjustable lofts and the the Cobra Website doesn't have the lie angles for those clubs.

I am waiting for the official feedback thread to be posted and then will give a little run through of the app in real time, recorded to YouTube (assuming I can figure it out!).

I've downloaded the app, going to input all of my club info today or tomorrow, bought a flexible phone holder to attach to my bag to do the video of the swings which arrives tomorrow and the Swingbyte should be here on Sat.

Best of luck inputting your irons there rusty.

Best of luck inputting your irons there rusty.

Haha. Already done. I got the specs for the protos from Vrska.

How long did it take you to set this up? Was finding the specs the more time consuming part, or is it mainly due to the interface?

15 minutes or so. More interface then anything. This club ho has his specs on an Excel spreadsheet.

It took me 5 minutes once I had the specs. Easy. The only glitch was a couple of times it wouldn't let me change the clubs when I went to edit a different one.

Got my specs entered in and am ready to go! Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Mine should be here today according to the tracking number, my mail is usually delivered later in the day though. I'm going to get it set up and charged for a range session tomorrow.

A new thread for reviews will be going up later today. Please use that thread for pictures and early thoughts.

Is anyone else having trouble getting the application loaded to an i-pad?

Is anyone else having trouble getting the application loaded to an i-pad?

Not sure. I know the beta version is only for the iPhone. I won't even try for the iPad.

Bah, nothing in the mail today. Guess I'll have to wait until Monday =(.

Not sure. I know the beta version is only for the iPhone. I won't even try for the iPad.

Thanks. The app is listed in the App Store and it loads but won't open. I'll stick with the i-phone for the time being.

Thanks. The app is listed in the App Store and it loads but won't open. I'll stick with the i-phone for the time being.

Try pairing the swingbyte with the iPad first and leaving the swingbyte turned on. Then turn on the app and see if it loads.

Congrats!

Back