BOS (Black Oxide Services) putter refinishing

Northerner

Reaction score
Any comments on the company? Is it generally a flat fee?

I just got two putters back from being refinished. Both were SC TEi3 Sole Stamps..one of my favorite putters of all time.
I had one done at BOS and I had @PMM21 (Kick Ass Clubs) do the other one.

The reason why I did this is that I wanted one that I could game and one restored to original. As you know, BOS originally did the finish on these clubs and Scotty doesn't offer that finish any more.
Peter from KAC used what he calls a "No Maintenance Black Oxide Finish" basically, I do not need to worry about oiling the club or rust in the future. Perfect for gaming.

Both putter heads came out fantastic. KAC is less expensive but I did not feel like BOS was over the top.

Here are a few pics if you are interested. BOS in the front, KAC in the back.

Peter's finish is a bit blacker, but I think it is amazing. BOS' finish is spot on the original. Both paint fills are awesome and the elastomer came out good on both.

Peter is easy to work with and I would definitely recommend him. I am going to send another one down to him shortly.

BOS pricing is on their website.

BOS_KAC3.jpgBOS_KAC.jpgBOS_KAC2.jpg

I think I want a flatter black. Almost like a black primer paint finish look. BOS I think is around $75 for a bunch of their black finishes ($70 and up).

file4.jpegfile1.jpeg
Peter did this for me...fantastic black ceramic finish...very durable and more affordable.
It looks kind of brown, but it is actually jet black.

I've had success using BOS Golf for a few putters. Highly recommend them.

Sent my severely banged up Tei3 Newport to BOS and have never seen anything so beautiful in my life come back. Original finish.

BOS is BOSS!

I had them do a TeI3 scotty last year and it came out awesome. Had them mill the face too.

I think I want a flatter black. Almost like a black primer paint finish look. BOS I think is around $75 for a bunch of their black finishes ($70 and up).

I've used BOS for two putters and think they typically do a great job. If you're wanting a more flat (less sheen) finish, that has more to do with the prep work than the actual finish. Typically a matte bead blast before the finish is the key to less sheen. I just had a putter done by Tiger Nick out of Ohio with his trademark black plate finish. He did a rough bead blast and then sent the putters out to have the black nickel plated and it looked excellent in my opinion. I gave it to a client I regularly play with and it seems to be weathering pretty well, too. You can find him with a quick google search.

BOS did this oil can on my TeI3 santa Fe. Sooo beautiful.
4f67a506c1d19cc73fdd6294719ac1f8.jpg
9405395e0faae3e787f934731b8da65a.jpg

Theyve done two putters for me and both came out very well, and I was happy with the service.

Back