100 Push-ups per day for one Month

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Kind of a weird challenge, but can you do it? I saw this challenge get completed recently and as winters go, my motivation for improving myself sucked. I figured I'd give it a shot and am on day 28 right now.

As much as it doesn't seem like a big deal, it's actually really made a positive difference both mentally and physically. Once the month is done I'll probably switch to five days a week instead of seven to give a couple rest days, but crank up my numbers to 120 or 150. I've also added in 100 sit-ups to the routine as I've progressed.

It's great for a lot of reasons... The activity can be spread out throughout the day, so forcing a single activity over a bunch of time is not there. I can dictate when I do them, and how many I do at a time. Most importantly, while it's not a hugely difficult exercise, it beats doing absolutely nothing which I've been guilty of in the past.

So, can you do it? Would you try it?

I’ll give it a go! I need a little extra release daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe @IndySC was doing something similar. He posted about it in the health and wellness thread a while back and was doing great.

I've watched some of the result videos on YouTube from folks who have done this. I'll give it a go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've watched some of the result videos on YouTube from folks who have done this. I'll give it a go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do it so I don't have to post mine hahaha

Had I not already started something I’d give it a shot. I Iike the idea of a challenge and the fact that you have the whole day to do them makes it a little easier

Seems like a neat idea. Make it harder and do it all at once :act-up:

I can do it and am up for the challenge. Currently could probably only do 25 at one time so will need to spread them out a little. Will start tomorrow.

I’m in!

Sent from HTX

I can do it and am up for the challenge. Currently could probably only do 25 at one time so will need to spread them out a little. Will start tomorrow.

That was a big reason why I always avoided them in the past. I couldn't do a big number at a time because of wrist issues and etc. I'm finding that the more I do them, the easier it is to do more at a time. Hopefully an exercise like this allows you to do more and more in one sitting. That would be awesome.

Challenge accepted! I'll test out the elbow tomorrow and give it a try, I'll shoot for 30 days first and go from there =).

I should try this. I would doubt I could do 100 in a day at this point, but I'mma see what I can do. I have been doing them more often, but do need to push myself more. I'm putting together a spreadsheet for this now.

No way. Torn rotator cuff surgery so I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in and pretty easy to do the sit ups while watching TV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That was a big reason why I always avoided them in the past. I couldn't do a big number at a time because of wrist issues and etc. I'm finding that the more I do them, the easier it is to do more at a time. Hopefully an exercise like this allows you to do more and more in one sitting. That would be awesome.

Hasn't been that long ago that I was doing 4 sets of 25 - 30 with just a brief minute or two rest between the sets. Should be able to get back there in a couple of weeks. Just need to start when the weather will be less than desireable for golfing for a few days because I know I will be a little sore initially when I start them.

I like this. I’ve been doing 25-50 a day with some planking thrown in and it’s really helped.

I think I’ll try to bust out the extra 50 a day and see how it goes.

I already do this. Arms have picked up some definition, chest and back as well. I just break it up into 25 pushups 4x a day and knock it out most of the time before dinner. Really doesn't take that long. Sometimes I'll get bored and mix up the style of pushup "for fun". One 25 standard, the next diamond, etc.

I should try this. I would doubt I could do 100 in a day at this point, but I'mma see what I can do. I have been doing them more often, but do need to push myself more. I'm putting together a spreadsheet for this now.

I talked with a few guys about this who said they wouldn't be able to do 100 legit pushups straight away, but the way this is built, you have the ability to slowly make your way into it. I suggested to my dad to start with pushups from his knees, and as it gets easier, transition from there. It actually drops about 15% of the weight your battling when making that change.

You can start at a number your comfortable with and then slowly make your way to the 100. It's your journey.

I'm all about gainz in any form or fashion. Let's gooooooo!!!!

I am in, 100 push ups a day for 30 days.

I love that you guys are excited about this.

Please keep me posted on how things are going and whether it's an experience you're benefiting from!

Day 1 = done. Felt good to bang those out after the day I've had!

Day 1 = done. Felt good to bang those out after the day I've had!
I did the same, but I know I'm gonna pay dearly tomorrow. Lol. The last 20 were rough - body was asking, "WTH are you doing?"

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Back