Nippon Modus 125 Vs. KBS $ Taper Vs. KBS Tour V

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious if anyone has tested these three and how they compare to each other?

I've gamed the modus 125X and they are quite nice. Wondering where the KBS models stand in relation in terms of launch, spin and feel.

Thank you!

It's been a while but I think you have the title in correct order of high to low in both spin and flight for me anyway. I've since stuck with my goto of the TourV. All of them are quite nice and finding the best mix for you will be fun....enjoy.

From my experience,
Launch : $ taper > modus > tour v
Spin : modus and $ taper very similar > tour v

These things really depend on strike, attack angle and release pattern more than anything. The difference in spin is probably less than 500 revs from highest to lowest. Difference in launch probably less than a degree.

Tour v feels stiffest, modus and $ taper similar with IMO $ taper feeling a touch softer

Tested the KBS $ Taper vs the Modus 125 yesterday. KBS launched 1° lower and spun 500-600 less than the Modus 125 for me hitting a 7 iron at 97MPH swing speed. Feel wise, Modus felt better.

Tested the KBS $ Taper vs the Modus 125 yesterday. KBS launched 1° lower and spun 500-600 less than the Modus 125 for me hitting a 7 iron at 97MPH swing speed. Feel wise, Modus felt better.

yeah but the $ taper comes in black! 500-600 rpm is a decent bit when we're talking about holding greens. i still think i'm going with $ taper in my morgan cup irons.

That's a 7i with 97 ss.... (gulp)

Lucky to get 81 ss with a 7i... lol.

I love Nippons, though, because when the elbows started hurting, Nippons resolved the issue. Had some KBS in Wedges and it flared up again. Switched to Nippon Wedge shafts and no issues. When several of my friends hit 50, and played golf, they eventually had shoulder surgery. I went to graphite in irons :)

Yikes thats some serious SS on a 7i..... and here i thought i was doing good at high 80s on a 6 LOL....

Yikes thats some serious SS on a 7i..... and here i thought i was doing good at high 80s on a 6 LOL....

It's GC2 calculated swing speed based off of ball speed etc. The iron head was the Cobra Forged TEC 7i and it has a little extra pop, So probably more close to 91/92 MPH.

Back