Milled Gring Wedges vs RTX-3 Wedges

MCGolfTM

Reaction score
Handicap
I know there are plenty of posts here about either wedge, but has anyone tested both of these and have an opinion either way?

Specifically with the RTX-3 CB? These are my current gamers and I am considering the MG wedges. Would like to know what everyone's thoughts are that have tested both.

I know there are plenty of posts here about either wedge, but has anyone tested both of these and have an opinion either way?

Specifically with the RTX-3 CB? These are my current gamers and I am considering the MG wedges. Would like to know what everyone's thoughts are that have tested both.
So, im not good at golf at all (new to the game, less than 5 months in) but I hit a boatload of wedges in the practice green and on the demo station at the shop. And in strictly comparing these two, I liked the clevelands better. But I do have to disclose that I started with 588 rtx 2.0 wedges, so there could be some bias. I have since upgraded to the s grind and x grind MD4s. (I bought the Cleveland's used). I prefer the feel of the Cleveland and I felt like the top line was better looking (I had the black satin).I can't say the 500 or so balls I hit really gave me a dialed in distance comparison or anything, but I definitely felt more confident with the Cleveland

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So, im not good at golf at all (new to the game, less than 5 months in) but I hit a boatload of wedges in the practice green and on the demo station at the shop. And in strictly comparing these two, I liked the clevelands better. But I do have to disclose that I started with 588 rtx 2.0 wedges, so there could be some bias. I have since upgraded to the s grind and x grind MD4s. (I bought the Cleveland's used). I prefer the feel of the Cleveland and I felt like the top line was better looking (I had the black satin).I can't say the 500 or so balls I hit really gave me a dialed in distance comparison or anything, but I definitely felt more confident with the Cleveland

Thanks for the input. I have been playing the RTX-3 CBs for the last season and am pretty comfortable with them. I was always drawn to the MGs though and wondered how others felt the two performed side by side.

Thanks for the input. I have been playing the RTX-3 CBs for the last season and am pretty comfortable with them. I was always drawn to the MGs though and wondered how others felt the two performed side by side.

in my little time with the MG's, the only thing that turned me off was the feel. They were a bit firmer/harsher than I wanted. Outside of that, I really liked what they offered, but ultimately I stayed with the RTX 3 line.

There's a review on the forum from may 22 if you haven't seen it already. It may help. For the milled grind wedge from TM. Rick shiels golf did a video on YouTube as well. Sorry I can't help with more direct comparisons I just didnt want to talk out of my expertise when you're probably much more sound than I in the sport.

in my little time with the MG's, the only thing that turned me off was the feel. They were a bit firmer/harsher than I wanted. Outside of that, I really liked what they offered, but ultimately I stayed with the RTX 3 line.

From the little I have used the MGs I would say the same thing. Feel was definitely different for me than the RTX-3 CBs. Have you played both RTX-3 versions and noticed any real difference between the CB and MB versions? The CBs that I currently game are very soft, pretty forgiving, and consistent distance. I do not spin the ball as much as I would like to but that could certainly be me, not the wedges. I have gotten my HDCP down to a 9.3 at the end of last season and am looking to go for 5 HDCP this year. I know wedge game is where I can still improve, so I am exploring the option of changing this year.

From the little I have used the MGs I would say the same thing. Feel was definitely different for me than the RTX-3 CBs. Have you played both RTX-3 versions and noticed any real difference between the CB and MB versions? The CBs that I currently game are very soft, pretty forgiving, and consistent distance. I do not spin the ball as much as I would like to but that could certainly be me, not the wedges. I have gotten my HDCP down to a 9.3 at the end of last season and am looking to go for 5 HDCP this year. I know wedge game is where I can still improve, so I am exploring the option of changing this year.

I currently game the RTX-3 CB 50 / MB 54 60
I love the cleveland wedges and am considering moving from the CB 50 to the MB 50...Mostly due to appearance. I get new wedges every year and the new CB seems huge to me. The MB's feel better to me...than the CBs but I like them both.

I used the CB in the 2.0 throughout my wedges 50/54/58, in the RTX 3 I use the CB just in the GW and alternate that with the CBX. For me, very slight difference in feel, and honestly if I was blindfolded I don't know if I could tell you. Not sure if you are going down this path, but I wouldn't say that the RTX 3 CB design is something that would hold you back from improving wedge play and dropping the cap even more.

I currently game an MG 56* with an aerotech shaft. I like the feel of the MG + aerotech, the club performs good for me and I can throttle it up or down depending on the situation.

Back