Do You Like To Compete?

Absolutely live for it. I don't think Maddog and I ever play unless a little something is on the line.

Competing does not mean a lot to me any more. Living each day, and the joy of being out, with good folks, is reward enough for me.

I have/had enough competing/stress in my life, I want to enjoy the round and those in my group ...

In a nut shell, I golf to relax, and enjoy my friends company. Playing for money does not enhance that experience for me; in fact, it adds a stress point to "win" that detracts from my enjoyment of the game ... so I prefer not to.

I love to play golf, and there is a place for fun rounds and competitive rounds. The competitive rounds always seem to be a little more fun.

Yes, love competing on the course!

I love competing and think it really makes you focus on your game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes very much, I wish more thprs liked to compete in the golf course. But I've never been offered a bet.
Stop dipping out on us and we'll get it going bro.

Absolutely and dont mind a friendly game with buddies too as long as it doesnt get too serious

Love it. I can never seem to replicate my competitive scores while playing for fun.... It takes my game to another level!

Absolutely I do. No matter if it's betting a beverage after the round or beating the zoo crew for the belt. I like winning in all sorts of ways

I love to compete on the golf course. I like to see where my game stands compared to my playing partners. I love the feel of having to prevail when the game is on the line. The pressure of performing or losing the match gets the competitive juices flowing.

Love competing. Not for big money, maybe a few bucks, beverages after the round, or something along those lines.

Love friendly competition, makes you think smart golf

Yes, I enjoy competing very much.

yes..if there is nothing on the line, it just turns into practice

Love to compete, planning on doing the am tour this year. Makes want to work harder to get better!

i do like competing, even if its for a few bucks. i like having something on the line when i play.

Should have said something before our round last week at Los Colinas. :D

The fact that we know you beat me is enough for me. Oh and out drove me!

Love it!! Keeps me focused

Yes I do, we play a little Team money game every Sunday. Just a few bucks, but it makes it a little more tense over that birdie or par putt to help the team.

Short answer, heck yes!

Long answer, I used to play competitive hockey, once I stopped playing I coached and did some of the organizational administration but it wasn't the same as playing, I needed a new challenge, and golf was exactly that, I didn't play at all growing up and had to start from scratch, but once I got to a level I felt comfortable, I started playing in matches/events and got hooked, it is just so much fun to compete, no matter the make up, no matter the format, no matter the location, and most of the time, no matter my teammates, I'm going to try my hardest to win, and trying to win in golf can usually be a large challenge, but when it all comes together it is very satisfying.

And THP events give me exactly what I'm looking for in terms of a match between competing and having fun, the perfect combination.

Yeah I do, wish I did more of it. I like being in those pressure situations that typically come out a lot more than playing simply for for score. Although ironically, some if my most fun times on a course are when it was non competitive.

Back