Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a coyote a couple weeks back along a very busy road and a very populated place. I knew right away it was a coyote and not a dog. Trust me GG, you'll know.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

There is a turtle on the other side of our fence and the dogs are going nuts. Specifically Arrow who is barking like a maniac and then running around the house crying then back to the door to bark. Here are a few pictures of his movements.

40d4e58c7de0cb14296c38eb3d71c8d3.jpg

b93f9b3745f4e30db404174f85c91a7d.jpg

The Beagle that inspired my avatar is waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge. He lived to be sixteen.

The little b*tch who lives with me now almost took my finger off and prematurely ended my 2015 golf season, even as we're having one of the most beautiful New England autumns that I've ever seen.

Being totally stupid, I love her, too. Even though she's going to jump on my lap and fight the Patriots-Redskins game for my attention all afternoon.

Some of you may remember our buddy Mulligan who we fostered for one night and adopted one day later. He was taken from us by an aggressive soft tissue cancer far too soon. We recently decided to look for another dog to give a forever home. Even though we are miserable failures as a Foster home, we have developed some contacts and will be meeting Jilly in Nashville this weekend. Hopefully, all goes well. #ExcitedandHopeful. It's time.....

441aa90fea730f9b2194a6b769c5db65_zpsbw3x7jel.jpg

JM

Jilly is adorable!!

This never gets old.
81fe54e9fcbee49c82d3382114f80675.jpg

Oh and for everyone that says pit bulls don't get along with other dogs...

979d95d53f6cb56214bc4bc1b72cc855.jpg

It's a somber day today in the Trout household. Our little buddy Izzy was having kidney failure and we had to put him down, he had been acting pretty lethargic and a couple days ago stopped eating and was losing weight rapidly.

I came home from work one day 14 years ago and my wife had said she rescued a tiny kitten from certain death as he was ababdoned and dying from pneumonia and worms, we took him to the vet and it was touch and go for about two weeks, but he pulled through and gave us an enormous amount of joy, memories and happiness, his personality was as large as life itself. We hope our furry friend has crossed over to rainbow bridge and is playing with all the other furry family members that have passed.

Animals have always been a very big part of my life and I often feel closer to them than humans.

Rest easy little buddy, thank you for a lifetimes worth of memories.

Izzy

Marc, I'm heart broken for you buddy. I know from getting to know you how much animals mean to you and it's never easy losing one as they are family members. Thinking about you buddy.

Marc......Man.......sorry to hear of this fella. I know exactly how you feel and wish I had seen this when it happened. Thinking of you guys man!

JM

So sorry to hear about Izzy. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Maci helping me with the leaves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry about Izzy Marc. Thinking of you guys.

Jilly is adorable!!

Thanks Cookie. I'm one of those "You Can Never Go Back" kinda guys, but when I saw her all I could think about was Mulligan and sittin in the chair with him. They look remarkably similar, but she is only a little over a year old where Mully was over 12. We hope to get along well with her when we meet. They checked all of our references and with our vet and seem to be excited to meet us. Fingers crossed!

JM

My little Libby turned 2 yesterday. Extra snuggles for her birthday

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a cutie! Looks a lot like our Melody

81aa6b312f384a6040fc99652a5bfda8_zpserixm0vf.jpg

JM

I love all these puppies!!

The Pets Thread

1e76d1570a50fc4842d82931fd5f214a.jpg

Found this beauty in the middle of the road, cold and scared as cars whizzed by her! I had to stop and give her a chance and boy was that a mistake! I fell in love with her! She's a beautiful, shy, and very submissive pitbull. She was so friendly and loving. I couldn't keep her overnight so I dropped her off at my local animal shelter just so the owners have a chance to find her. If they don't come and get her I think I'm going to adopt her. I hope she gets along with other dogs and can join my family. I've always wanted a beauty like her.

UPDATE: Thanks to one of the few good uses of social media, the post we made was shared over 200 times in less than 24 hours and the owner saw it! She's picking her up at the pound now!

Last edited:
Hoping my THP family can help out with a cause that's near & dear to our family. We adopted our Riley last July through the Lucky Lab Rescue organization. They have an annual calendar contest/fund raiser. We entered her last year and she raised almost $3K for the group. She is this month's calendar girl and we are trying to get her into the 2016 edition. You can vote for her in this link for as little as $5. https://www.gogophotocontest.com/luckylab/entries/35088 Vote early & often!

If you're looking for a new to you pup, check them out at http://www.luckylabrescue.com/.

UPDATE: Thanks to one of the few good uses of social media, the post we made was shared over 200 times in less than 24 hours and the owner saw it! She's picking her up at the pound now!

That's great to hear and I hope the shelter is very thorough in making sure they are the actual owner. No tags or chip might make me suspicious. Some evil people out there that will take these dogs for the wrong reason.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss Marc....may Izzy rest in peace!

Bump for the day

Hoping my THP family can help out with a cause that's near & dear to our family. We adopted our Riley last July through the Lucky Lab Rescue organization. They have an annual calendar contest/fund raiser. We entered her last year and she raised almost $3K for the group. She is this month's calendar girl and we are trying to get her into the 2016 edition. You can vote for her in this link for as little as $5. https://www.gogophotocontest.com/luckylab/entries/35088 Vote early & often!

If you're looking for a new to you pup, check them out at http://www.luckylabrescue.com/.

So sorry to hear, trout.

"Puppies. They're the kittens of dogs." - - - Barry Goldberg

This puppy thing is almost more work than an infant:). So far potty training is 50/50 but getting better

the best toy (besides biting my pants and socks) is whiffle golf balls. He loves those things / kicks and carries them everywhere. Ironically his best friend is our in house cat they both play together and the cat is real careful with him as well . Really something fun to experience for sure

She absolutely melts my heart. I love this dog so much.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey THP! My name is Jilly. My forever people drove to Nashville and picked me up today. They like me a lot!
This is us bonding in Nashville
e7c8049bbeb0f1a7bc2ddfff549a7cea_zps936zexad.jpg

We stopped once and I woke up to see what was going on

b4928d58f3935df1b9f552bd31d2c03a_zpsdjhefexj.jpg

I slept a lot
0f4a34aa79805637f360598827d11756_zpszcldt4zx.jpg

JM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back