Any Baseball Players here?

Ft Worth Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing in a 25 and up wooden bat baseball league for about 6 years now and I have my first practice tonight followed by the first game next week. Absolutely love baseball and golf and those two hobbies consume almost all my time and money. Are there any other baseball players out there and what do you love about baseball?

Its my first passion and I love it still. I love the strategy of the game and how you have to think 2 steps ahead. After years of playing and then softball it has lead to the shoulder surgery I had 2 days ago. Would give anything to go back to age 14 again work harder.

I've been very blessed with my health so I haven't had any major injuries that would hinder my ability to play. Had a lot of wrist injuries in highschool, but my throwing arm is holding up great.

I played woodbat league back in early 2000s and then a 28+ league with any certified bat. Gave it all up in 2011-2012

I found it difficult at first to switch between golf and baseball. The better I got at golf, the more power I loss in my baseball swing. Finally feel like I've found a good golf and baseball swing.

I played baseball from when I was as young as I can remember up through my sophomore year in high school. Absolutely love baseball. As a pitcher, I injured my throwing shoulder to the point where when I tried to throw my arm would make a popping sound (still does after an extended throwing session). I went through a bunch of physical therapy which helped a little bit, but never got back to full strength in my throwing arm.

I decided to take off the next summer of baseball and just work on physical therapy to try and get my shoulder back to a point where I could throw without having pain afterwards. I ended up getting a job at a golf course later that summer, and the rest is kinda history for me with baseball. I took up golf and have loved it ever since. I still love baseball and do miss playing, but I'm so glad I took that job at the golf course and started playing golf.

I played baseball from when I was as young as I can remember up through my sophomore year in high school. Absolutely love baseball. As a pitcher, I injured my throwing shoulder to the point where when I tried to throw my arm would make a popping sound (still does after an extended throwing session). I went through a bunch of physical therapy which helped a little bit, but never got back to full strength in my throwing arm.

I decided to take off the next summer of baseball and just work on physical therapy to try and get my shoulder back to a point where I could throw without having pain afterwards. I ended up getting a job at a golf course later that summer, and the rest is kinda history for me with baseball. I took up golf and have loved it ever since. I still love baseball and do miss playing, but I'm so glad I took that job at the golf course and started playing golf.

Are men's baseball leagues popular up by you? In North Texas there are a ton of leagues 18+, 25+, 40+. Lord willing if my body holds up I want to play baseball well into my 50's and then probably retire to just golf and tennis.

Are men's baseball leagues popular up by you? In North Texas there are a ton of leagues 18+, 25+, 40+. Lord willing if my body holds up I want to play baseball well into my 50's and then probably retire to just golf and tennis.

There are a few 18+ leagues here. I'm not sure what age groups they split up at, but I know there are leagues. Not super popular though (only 6 or so teams last time I looked into it)

Back