The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Ryan - I don't know if you have taken any lessons in the recent past, but another set of eyes may be able to see what the issue is. Obviously not the time to start making major changes, but if you have worked with anyone, even a single lesson can get you back on track. I had that happen between lessons last year and it was amazing how one more got me going back in the right direction
Contacted my pro today after my round. Probably something I should have done awhile ago, but I was seeing good results on the range and thought if I worked hard enough on it that I could figure it out myself. Possibly just in denial that it's as bad as it actually is and taking a lesson is admitting defeat. I know not the right mindset, but that's where I've been.

I've got a backup battery you can use and my Bluetooth speaker can charge as well.
You have the power!!! Nice buddy, always come in handy.

Contacted my pro today after my round. Probably something I should have done awhile ago, but I was seeing good results on the range and thought if I worked hard enough on it that I could figure it out myself. Possibly just in denial that it's as bad as it actually is and taking a lesson is admitting defeat. I know not the right mindset, but that's where I've been.

I think you will be really happy that you did. Keep working hard, three weeks is plenty of time to get sorted and you know all of THP is behind you. You got this!

One of the pillars of #TeamRedemption is open and honest communication with the community, and not just sharing the ups, but the downs too, so that's what I'm doing. We've got 3 weeks left until we head to the event, and I'm in a rather dark place as far as my game is concerned. I'm a 14.5 handicap (for now) that has been shooting in the 90s and a few rounds where I didn't even break 100. I know the primary culprit is my inability to hit driver off the tee, something that was a strength earlier this year, and I can't for the life of me figure out what has changed between now and then. I think I figured out part of the problem today, and I'll work on that over the next three weeks, but I've said this same thing before only to get even more confused and frustrated. The rest of my game is in decent shape, just not good enough at this point to make up for hitting 3 off the tee several times in a round and salvage a good score.

I'm not really sure the point of this post other than to let you all know where I am at, and that I am working literally as hard as I possibly can (too hard?) to figure out how to play golf again heading into the biggest golf event of my life. I'm not resting on my laurels or accepting things as they are, but working every day to get them to where I want to be, but I'm finding that golf is a cruel game where just because you work hard at something doesn't always mean it gets better. Honestly, I'd much rather suffered in silence than sharing all of this, and I'm feeling extremely vulnerable, but one of the things us participants are trying to do this year is to share this journey with the entire community, so that's what I'm doing. Anyway, that's where I'm at right now.
We are bound to have ups and downs along this journey, but just keep your head up and keep grinding. No one will doubt the effort we are all putting forward. Thanks for being transparent for us all, the last two weeks I have been quite happy with my game but that is not to say that I wont come in here one afternoon and have similar feelings to yours. What matters is that we are grinding with a purpose and focusing on what's important. Good Job and have fun getting the swagger back!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We are bound to have ups and downs along this journey, but just keep your head up and keep grinding. No one will doubt the effort we are all putting forward. Thanks for being transparent for us all, the last two weeks I have been quite happy with my game but that is not to say that I wont come in here one afternoon and have similar feelings to yours. What matters is that we are grinding with a purpose and focusing on what's important. Good Job and have fun getting the swagger back!

I will say one thing about this and the "grinding". Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity according to Einstein. If you cant hit a driver, pounding balls doesnt change that. If you struggle chipping, chipping a bunch of balls doesnt change that. Getting assistance or changing things to make it right can. A month is a very long time and certainly plenty of time to make changes.

While I think "grinding" is important, if one is doing so with issues, it will only cause things to get worse.

If anything having someone to talk through things with while you hit balls will help. If you have a good day at the lesson you'll have someone seeing your swing telling you it looks good.

You'll be crushing the ball again in no time.

I will say one thing about this and the "grinding". Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity according to Einstein. If you cant hit a driver, pounding balls doesnt change that. If you struggle chipping, chipping a bunch of balls doesnt change that. Getting assistance or changing things to make it right can. A month is a very long time and certainly plenty of time to make changes.

While I think "grinding" is important, if one is doing so with issues, it will only cause things to get worse.
Totally agree with how you are interpreting 'grinding'. Although I did not mean for it to be read that way. I hoped its context would just come off as an adjective for being determined and taking said proper paths to success, not necessarily doing the same thing over and over.

Totally agree with how you are interpreting 'grinding'. Although I did not mean for it to be read that way. I hoped its context would just come off as an adjective for being determined and taking said proper paths to success, not necessarily doing the same thing over and over.

You came off the right way. I think JB is just making a point in general as opposed to directly to you. A lot of times with a lot of guys they just pound balls without making changes in hopes that their swing will find a groove or something. Bad habits get further and further ingrained without correction

And for the record fellas, it's not a month away. Only three weeks as of tomorrow! :)

One of the pillars of #TeamRedemption is open and honest communication with the community, and not just sharing the ups, but the downs too, so that's what I'm doing. We've got 3 weeks left until we head to the event, and I'm in a rather dark place as far as my game is concerned. I'm a 14.5 handicap (for now) that has been shooting in the 90s and a few rounds where I didn't even break 100. I know the primary culprit is my inability to hit driver off the tee, something that was a strength earlier this year, and I can't for the life of me figure out what has changed between now and then. I think I figured out part of the problem today, and I'll work on that over the next three weeks, but I've said this same thing before only to get even more confused and frustrated. The rest of my game is in decent shape, just not good enough at this point to make up for hitting 3 off the tee several times in a round and salvage a good score.

I'm not really sure the point of this post other than to let you all know where I am at, and that I am working literally as hard as I possibly can (too hard?) to figure out how to play golf again heading into the biggest golf event of my life. I'm not resting on my laurels or accepting things as they are, but working every day to get them to where I want to be, but I'm finding that golf is a cruel game where just because you work hard at something doesn't always mean it gets better. Honestly, I'd much rather suffered in silence than sharing all of this, and I'm feeling extremely vulnerable, but one of the things us participants are trying to do this year is to share this journey with the entire community, so that's what I'm doing. Anyway, that's where I'm at right now.
Part of me says "this is the same crap I heard before 2014 MC and 2015 #theking." You seem to always turn it on during competition. Maybe it's the fireball???

Another part says stay commited, seek out a lesson, get back to basics and then put in work. Do the thinking in the range, on course just swing your swing. If driver's off, then don't hit it. You get this Ryan. You have a whole forum that believes in you and #teamredemption

Part of me says "this is the same crap I heard before 2014 MC and 2015 #theking." You seem to always turn it on during competition. Maybe it's the fireball???

Another part says stay commited, seek out a lesson, get back to basics and then put in work. Do the thinking in the range, on course just swing your swing. If driver's off, then don't hit it. You get this Ryan. You have a whole forum that believes in you and #teamredemption
Yes, this has happened before when I've been preparing for a big event, and one of the reasons I put off lessons, but this feels different, and I should have addressed it sooner. I appreciate the support. Just don't want to let the team or community down.

Yes, this has happened before when I've been preparing for a big event, and one of the reasons I put off lessons, but this feels different, and I should have addressed it sooner. I appreciate the support. Just don't want to let the team or community down.
Ryan, I've played with you several times, now, and have seen the good tee game... I know it's there for you. Have your pro take a look at it, for sure, but just as important is to "stay up"... Crap happens with our swings. Find something that will work as a go to, with a specific club and specific thought - when you "need to", go to that tee shot.

Sometimes, a little bump in confidence, from hitting a couple of fairways, can go a long way. My tee game is a good example. I played in Tampa last December, and sucked a$$ off the tee. Fast forward to June thru August, and driving was a real strength. I tweaked the swing a bit, sure, but most important (IMO), is that I "knew" a good tee game was there for me to grab onto, and once I did, I stepped to the tee box every damn time, "knowing" I was going to give myself a solid 2nd shot opportunity.

Time is short, but you are going to be ready.

Beautiful day today. 3 weeks out. Gotta get to work
40d311674834cd36deb290db9e4c7b3e.jpg

Beautiful day today. 3 weeks out. Gotta get to work
40d311674834cd36deb290db9e4c7b3e.jpg

Nice! It's too bad we don't live closer would have loved to give you an impromptu match for prep. Not often we get this type of weather this time of year.

Get'em Philly!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Looks like a miserably fun day to get out and play.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Afternoon round today on a course that's pretty demanding and one I've only played once and that was years ago. Should be a good test

Got 18 in this morning, match play with my dad. I played at 6400 yards, he played 6000. I was giving 9 shots today. We were back and forth all day. Really good lesson for me at the end of the round. I was +2 with 2 holes left. Nice drive on 17 and got aggressive on my 2nd shot into a par 5, ended up in a hazard. Should have kept playing my game. I ended up coming back on 18 to win, but just barely. Also today just showed how important short game is in match play. If you get up and down or sink putts, it's like a dagger for the opponent. I shot a 93 today, some good things to build on, but still work to do. My short game is definitely improving, but plenty of room and time to get better before December.

I played 18 and I'm really happy where my game is right now. I'm confident in all aspects and I just need to work through the course management/mental side.

I'm ready for the bright lights!!

I played 18 and I'm really happy where my game is right now. I'm confident in all aspects and I just need to work through the course management/mental side.

I'm ready for the bright lights!!

That's where I'm at too honestly. I want this to happen now! And not for any other reason except I love where my swing is right now

That's where I'm at too honestly. I want this to happen now! And not for any other reason except I love where my swing is right now

My score today was disappointing, but it was a result of some mental mistakes and because of issues with my swing. Lazy swings and poor swings are two different beasts IMO.

3 short weeks from now we'll all be at dinner, getting ready for the best 3 golf days of our lives! Each day closer and I'm thinking about this more than ever, if that's even possible!

Shot a 45/42 today on a tough course in a TON of wind. Feel pretty good about where my game is at. focusing on cleaning some things up, but my handicap should travel, just got to keep at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 45/42 today on a tough course in a TON of wind. Feel pretty good about where my game is at. focusing on cleaning some things up, but my handicap should travel, just got to keep at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda where I'm at. Some things to clean up, but happy where I'm at and I feel like my handicap will travel

Back