The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all the mods.
Keep in mind that usually the people that speak up the loudest are the unhappy ones. If the majority is happy, you don't hear about it. It's always the small percentage that aren't that make the loudest noise.
Just saying you are all appreciated by many on here, even though you may not hear it often.

I'm at a loss for words this morning.

I'm the first to admit I'm a abrasive person. One thing the Lord Almighty did not bless me with is a filter. I speak my mind and you get the raw version. However I think most would admit, I am a good person and I've jade the pleasure to meet dozens, if not hundreds of THpers in person.

But in the last couple of weeks things have been different. Apparently having an opinion isn't something a "Forum Leader" is allowed if that person posts an unpopular opinion. I gave my feedback on the M1 and that went over like a atheism at a Protestant retreat. I made a sarcastic post to an OEM rep and somehow it was seen as an attack on a THP member. Newsflash, I would never attack a member. If my comments are seen that way I would like to apologize but that's on you, not me. If my opinions are seen as attacks then maybe it's time for me to find something else to do.

One note, I don't pander to anyone. I don't pander to THP, OEMs or members. To insinuate I'm trying to gain favor with anyone is an insult.

THP is a big part of my life. The people I have met and the friends I have made are amazing. But when it starts becoming work and when it stops being fun I'm out. Right now I'm at a loss for how to proceed.

Keep doing what you do and don't let folks get to you.

Haters are always gonna hate brother. If you were doing anything wrong at all for a "mod", someone on staff would let you know.

We are all just forum members.....with a little more responsibility.

I'm the first to admit I'm a abrasive person. One thing the Lord Almighty did not bless me with is a filter. I speak my mind and you get the raw version. However I think most would admit, I am a good person and I've jade the pleasure to meet dozens, if not hundreds of THpers in person.

But in the last couple of weeks things have been different. Apparently having an opinion isn't something a "Forum Leader" is allowed if that person posts an unpopular opinion. I gave my feedback on the M1 and that went over like a atheism at a Protestant retreat. I made a sarcastic post to an OEM rep and somehow it was seen as an attack on a THP member. Newsflash, I would never attack a member. If my comments are seen that way I would like to apologize but that's on you, not me. If my opinions are seen as attacks then maybe it's time for me to find something else to do.

One note, I don't pander to anyone. I don't pander to THP, OEMs or members. To insinuate I'm trying to gain favor with anyone is an insult.

THP is a big part of my life. The people I have met and the friends I have made are amazing. But when it starts becoming work and when it stops being fun I'm out. Right now I'm at a loss for how to proceed.
I like your avatar.

We are all just forum members.....with a little more responsibility.
I don't know all what's going on to lead to Fuppy's post so I'm not going there - this comment is meant to be generic.

I know what you are getting at buddy, but I'd respectively disagree with the use of the word "just". I might say staffers are forum members "and" their words and opinions carry extra weight; people pay closer attention and care more about what you guys say and do.

I don't know all what's going on to lead to Fuppy's post so I'm not going there - this comment is meant to be generic.

I know what you are getting at buddy, but I'd respectively disagree with the use of the word "just". I might say staffers are forum members "and" their words and opinions carry extra weight; people pay closer attention and care more about what you guys say and do.

I hope they know how dumb and sarcastic I really am. :angel:

I'm here to have fun.

And my rant for the day: adapter didn't arrive in time for me to tip the new THP PX HZRDUS shaft!!! :angry:

well, here's my 2 cents...
I've met you in person and id like to think i know you just a bit. yes you do come off a bit abrasive, especially on the web where people only read and interpret tone as they see fit. in person, you are pretty open and kind. a bit sarcastic? maybe a lot sarcastic, but i haven't detected any mean streak. I don't have much of a filter either, but what I'd like to think is that I exercise some control. As a Mod, control is something you should exercise as well (my opinion, take it or leave it). As Cookie stated, you guys are just forum members with a bit more responsibility. What I'm sensing is missing here is the interpretation of said responsibility. While opinions are all welcome and should be expressed, as a Mod, I think your words have to be chosen a bit more carefully... There really is a fine line here, but as a Mod, it IS your responsibility to walk that line. In the end, you can't make everyone happy. I feel that being a forum leading is a big responsibility and I honestly don't know if I could handle it better. I hope I'm being helpful here... Bottom line, shake it off and move on. I hope today is just an oddball situation and you can find joy in this site again.

I appreciate all the feedback. I am not one to claim I am without fault and can certainly see and listen when opportunities are there for improvement.

I appreciate all the feedback. I am not one to claim I am without fault and can certainly see and listen when opportunities are there for improvement.

I'd take it with a grain of salt for now friend. Make note of it, and go from there.

Dont you mean she needs to hit the buffet in Lake Charles for about 2 weeks :)

She needs to eat a burger or two.

I know how that feels buddy.

Just be you. That's all you got to do.

your avatar is a good place to start the road for improvement :)
xoxoxox

whatever, I think Fupe needs a filter. #THPGrabBag

your avatar is a good place to start the road for improvement :)
xoxoxox

Being that the latter was him with an AK-47, I'm not sure what message he wants to send..

It's unfortunate that people have to come in here and openly defend every post and comment they make. Especially THP staff. As if their intentions are anything other than to make this place better each and every day. Hell it takes quite the commitment to be an active member, let alone staff who is responsible to make sure this forum is running smoothly 24/7/365. If someone with hidden agendas wanted to waste their time on something they didn't care deeply about they would run for president. Not become THP staff. Thank you Fup for all you do. Thank you to the entire staff for all you do.

It's Friday the 13th. I wouldn't look to far into things around here. Bound to be an interesting day on THP

Keep doing what you do fup, a lot of us prefer the "no filter".

Keep up your good work. You cannot please everyone all the time and do a good job, no matter what you want to do. Be yourself, it all works out.
I appreciate you, Fup.

Ultrasounds and X-rays today to see how many stones I have in the ol' kidneys right now. At last count it was three. Just had to guzzle 24 oz of water and can't use the restroom until around 3pm at the earliest.

This is going to be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trip to Minneapolis starting tomorrow. Weekend looks nice - if chilly (by my standards). Rest of the week ... rain. And I had been hoping I could walk downtown for most of my stay. Oh well ... taxi!

Enjoy your stay, the weather for the weekend is as good as it gets for this time of year. I'll take rain, sure beats the annoying other stuff.

Enjoy your stay, the weather for the weekend is as good as it gets for this time of year. I'll take rain, sure beats the annoying other stuff.
Thanks. Cold comfort though ... ha ha ha, see what I did there? :silly:

But true, it could be the other, colder, form of precipitation. No bueno.

Since there has been some discussion on this, I’d like to clear a few things up.

I too frequent this site many times a day, talk golf and have made a number of good friends over the years. I’ve also learned a ton about the game since I’ve been on the site. It's a place I enjoy spending time. And just so we’re clear, I have no cohorts, I’m not part of some conspiracy, I have no agenda, I’m not a hater, or a troll. Nor am I trying to ruin any fun being had. I try to get in and show up to events that interest me and stay out of the threads I’m not interested in. Just because I disagree and voice my opinions does not make me an enemy. It seems easier, however, for many to think that and dismiss anyone who has a legitimate issue or disagreement. I post equipment reviews, course reviews and whatever without too much fanfare and it’s all the same to me. Anyone can take a look at my posts and let me know if they disagree. I just like talking golf. Many times, my opinion is different than others, including THP staff. While I am fine with this, I have no reservations with defending myself. Being ridiculed by Fupresti because my opinion was wrong is absurd, so I called him out on it. Again, it’s not part of a secret plan to destroy THP; I’ve met Fup a few times now, thought his post was egregious and let him know about it. That’s about it. Like I said, I expect more from staff as a member of this community, but really I expect more from anyone on here. While some of the posts since then have been disappointing, they’re definitely not surprising. I’m just a regular member who dared to stick up to a forum leader. Shouldn’t it be different than that though?

Everyone says THP is what you want it to be. For me, it’s about talking golf, making friends and getting into discussions where there are different view points. Different view points around here aren’t handled very well some times and to me, this is one of them, which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back