Who has the best logo?

From the OP, I like JR's. Cool thread, thanks.

DJ and TW

From a marketing perspective, Tiger Woods all day. Simple and easily recognizable. Been all over and marketed to hell and back. From an artsy fartsy perspective, Sergio. The play on upper/lower case g’s with the font is nice. Color choice is good, even though I prefer a monochromatic logo.

453a27627ae78081d2d9a0c4adc11f47.jpg
Strata is a sponsor..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Present player? I like Adam Scott's. Understated and versatile as to fashion application.

Old school? Always liked The Shark's logo and he was the best of his time marketing his brand before Tiger came along.

Always s liked the TW logo. However, I also like Arnies, Dj's and Sergio's

the a is the traditional a per this text, not a singular circle a.

b62742c8ddb60726f89c8d3cd0558eae.png
Thanks, didn't even see it and still looks like more like a mirrored S to me. Definitely not my favorite of the bunch.

Thanks, didn't even see it and still looks like more like a mirrored S to me. Definitely not my favorite of the bunch.

I agree, but I suppose there is only so much they can do. I think it's cool, but there are definitely better options out there... (and much worse ones lol)

How did he decide on a umbrella? Anyone know the story?

They were attempting to brainstorm some kind of signature logo they could use on clothing, business stationery, golf clubs and so forth. In the preceding days the group had come up with a number of promising ideas ranging from crossed golf clubs to laurel leaves. But upon deeper investigation, they determined these symbols were either too commonplace to have any real meaning or they were already trademarked by other organizations.

The frustration level in the meeting was rising and Arnie went to walk it off only to find it was raining outside. He saw a lovely woman get out of her car and pop open a multi-colored umbrella. Arnie dashed back into the conference room.

"What about an umbrella?" said Arnie. Someone at the table shot back, "What kind of umbrella?' Arnie suggested a multi-colored golf umbrella. A few heads bobbed in agreement. But nobody was even close to calling it a good idea, yet. Somebody told Arnie not to get his hopes up too high because it would be a miracle if someone hadn't already trademarked it. Despite the odds, the group decided to have their lawyers investigate the symbol.

Lots more here: http://www.arnoldpalmer.com/umbrella-story/

TW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were attempting to brainstorm some kind of signature logo they could use on clothing, business stationery, golf clubs and so forth. In the preceding days the group had come up with a number of promising ideas ranging from crossed golf clubs to laurel leaves. But upon deeper investigation, they determined these symbols were either too commonplace to have any real meaning or they were already trademarked by other organizations.

The frustration level in the meeting was rising and Arnie went to walk it off only to find it was raining outside. He saw a lovely woman get out of her car and pop open a multi-colored umbrella. Arnie dashed back into the conference room.

"What about an umbrella?" said Arnie. Someone at the table shot back, "What kind of umbrella?' Arnie suggested a multi-colored golf umbrella. A few heads bobbed in agreement. But nobody was even close to calling it a good idea, yet. Somebody told Arnie not to get his hopes up too high because it would be a miracle if someone hadn't already trademarked it. Despite the odds, the group decided to have their lawyers investigate the symbol.

Lots more here: http://www.arnoldpalmer.com/umbrella-story/

Great story. I love stuff like this.

I agree, but I suppose there is only so much they can do. I think it's cool, but there are definitely better options out there... (and much worse ones lol)
Poulter's. LMFAO!
ea00b527ba9fbcfb28dcd2989af4e5f2.jpg

IJP was the obvious sample, but I wanted to avoid getting banned for adding phallic material to the forum lol
What was he and his marketing team thinking? That's worse than the PXG dong driver. Lol

Out of the ones listed at the top, Sergio hands down.

What was he and his marketing team thinking? That's worse than the PXG dong driver. Lol

I just tried to make a couple better options in MS Paint.

They were screwed before it even began. Confirmed.

I’m not sure on the best, but Poulter’s is definitely the worst.

This one will always be my favorite. Call me a homer (and a dreamer).

Back