What Food Will You Try In 2016

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Having a conversation with some family today about picky eaters and what people like and dont like. We got to talking about trying new things and exploring. So I thought this thread would be fun to follow all year. Make the commitment to branch out, try something new and you might surprise yourself or confirm your feelings.

So what food will you try this year? And make sure you come back here and let us know about it.

Not sure I have anything specific I will try but will find something I normally don't eat and give it a go.

I'm not a huge seafood fan, which is strange being from New England, I know. My wife loves it, and I love trying new things on the grill, so I'll set my sights on trying some kind of grilled fish this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a huge seafood fan, which is strange being from New England, I know. My wife loves it, and I love trying new things on the grill, so I'll set my sights on trying some kind of grilled fish this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're grilling, swordfish is a good option. On the meatier side for fish.

I'm a pretty open minded eater, I don't do spicy food, because my stomach hates it, and I don't do sushi. I will try sushi this year I guess

I'm going to get crazy and try some steak and pasta in 2016! Actually I doubt much will enter my body that is all that different then before. I'm the ugly American when it comes to my adventerous side. Looking forward to 10 days in Italy later this month however and getting the authentic treatment on all of my meals.

This is difficult for me, cause there isn't much I won't eat or try.

I think getting more adventurous with seafood would be next on the list. Something like mussels maybe?

What Food Will You Try In 2016

Maybe I will give Brussels sprouts another try in 2016. I'm not a picky eater at all, but those are one of the few things on my no go list.

I think getting more adventurous with seafood would be next on the list. Something like mussels maybe?

Mussels and pasta with a white wine sauce is possibly one of my favorite seafood dishes.

Mussels and pasta with a white wine sauce is possibly one of my favorite seafood dishes.

I have never tried them but have seen some dishes at different places that look really good.

Onion rings. I know it's crazy but I don't like onions and never have eaten them. It's a texture thing.

I tried 2 new foods in 2015: sushi and also olives. I don't know why I had never eaten an olive, I just didn't. I have had them in dishes, but never alone. I think I've eaten a thousand of them in the past month.

Sushi, on the other hand, just didn't do it for me. I know people love it, but it just didn't taste good to me. I tried 4 or 5 different rolls, none were appetizing to me. Oh well.

I'm trying hard to try different foods. I have an unspoken goal to try several new things each year.

I was gonna post the same thing.

Ive tried just about everything out there, but I'm always up for a new adventure.

beef tongue soft tacos with all the fixings, hispanic worker at the range goes to a mexican market about 20 miles away where a hispanic grandmother type slow cooks and /or smokes tongue, lamb meat, pork shoulder, tamales etc. the real deal way. She makes her stuff from scratch then brings all her stuff there and sells it till it's gone .

Escargot has always been on my list to try, it would be nice to cross that one off the list

Is there a specialty in Alabama that I should try when I'm there next month?

I'm with you, I eat everything. If the situation comes up, I will be sure to report back.

BBQ
Try the white BBQ sauce.
Banana Pudding

Mmm....white sauce. Just tried this a few weeks ago or so. Need to pick some up as it is awesome.

Escargot has always been on my list to try, it would be nice to cross that one off the list

So so good.

I'm going to give sushi another go. I try every couple of years and I just never take to it.
Korean BBQ, I know I'll love it but I have just never gone.

So so good.

I'm going to give sushi another go. I try every couple of years and I just never take to it.
Korean BBQ, I know I'll love it but I have just never gone.
Korean BBQ is one of your best things ever.

Korean BBQ is one of your best things ever.

I don't doubt it. I just haven't gotten off my butt and hit up a place yet.

I will also add a banana to my list. The last time I tried one I was about 10 and it was awful.

Back