Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
So last night on their final show ever Tommy Lee got stuck on his drum solo on the coaster. Here is the video to watch (Language!!!) make sure no kids are around. Got to see them on the final tour when they came through. Would have like to seen them back in the prime but I am not old enough for that. Anyone else here like the Crue?

[video=youtube;tpG-ZKVaMc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpG-ZKVaMc0[/video]

Grew up with the CRUE, they were awesome in their prime

Loved 'em back in the late 80's/early 90's, but that whole drum roller coaster thing is just...

Motley Crue opening for Ozzy was the first concert I ever went to.
I couldn't hear properly for 2-3 days, and then my ears were ringing for maybe a week afterwards. Hated that feeling!

I loved the Shout at the Devil Motley Crue, but lost interest with their follow up more commercial stuff.

I can't believe they are still touring!

I've liked them, but bummed I never got to see them live. I was planning on trying but things got hectic and I lost track of the tour till it was too late. Kind of funny that he got stuck on their last show like that.

Spinal Tap comes to mind

After seeing Rush almost 10 times, all other drum solos are just meh in comparison, especially when they rely on gimmicks rather than chops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked the Crue back in the 80's and actually am one of the few that liked what they were doing when they replaced Vince Neil with John Corabi. Haven't paid much attention to them since them besides reading their first book (The Dirt)...recommended reading for those that like reading about that type of thing.
Side Note: That video is a perfect example of what grinds my gears when I go to a concert these days. About half the audience is more concerned with recording the show on their smart phone than just enjoying the show. It drives me nuts getting stuck sitting behind one of these people.

Never really been a big fan honestly. Thought bands like skid row and gnr were much better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Was a big fan in late 80's and early 90's, saw them for the first time last summer on one of the 7 goodbye tour stops in MI. The band played great, Vince sounded awful, I think he sang 40% of the songs and the backup singers did the other 60%. No drum theatrics, saw them in a amphitheater so during the drum solo time, Nikki gave a long winded speech about their history. Glad I got to see them, wish I had seen them in their hey day.

Never got into Crue that much. When it came to metal, I was more an Iron Maiden, Ozzy, and Black Sabbath fan in grade and high school.

I used to love the early stuff, Dr. Feelgood kind of lost me then Saints of Los Angeles got me back, I'll always dig certain tunes.

Never a huge fan, however I did have a chance to see them back in the late 90's while in college. Happen to be fundraising at a local venue and they were performing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved Dr Feel Good! What's wrong with you man?:guitar::rockon:

Lol Tommy Lee, I met him at a taping of Rockstar: SuperNova, there was some retakes and some editing before it it was SAFE for TV.

Back