Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
For those who have purchased for their kids what brands have you thought were better? My little boy loved golf his first time out and right now I got him a driver, 5 iron, and putter. He will be 7 come summer and figured hed be ready for a decent set.

My son (11, but small) has Ping and my daughter (8, but big) has Callaway. They are both very good. The Callaway shafts are softer.

My 3 1/2 year old has the little US kids clubs. We got them second hand from a friend and I put some newer grips on them. It is just a wood and putter, but I got him a little iron with the trainer grip on it for when he gets a little bigger.

My two year old only wants to swing daddys clubs. I cant get him to swing the small ones.

I got my son (he's 8) the Top Flite Junior Set from Dick's and he loves them. For him, as he's growing like a weed, I didn't want to spend too much as he will outgrow them quickly.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...p=4406646.4413989.4414124&categoryId=29128516

My daughter (she's about to be 12) got the MacGregor Junior Girl's Set from Golfsmith, mostly because no stores had lefty clubs and those were the only ones she could try out before we bought them.

Junior Golf Sets

My two year old only wants to swing daddys clubs. I cant get him to swing the small ones.

I've tried to practice putting in the living room, some how I always lose my putter. :act-up:

I am thinking about letting Santa know to bring one of these for him this year. He will be 2 in February.

https://www.uskidsgolf.com/shop/blue-uskg-1st-club-steel-shaft

He brought his club out to be cleaned while I was cleaning mine a few weeks ago.

c5ac6e4181b33466150710609c969d6b.jpg

I got my son (he's 8) the Top Flite Junior Set from Dick's and he loves them. For him, as he's growing like a weed, I didn't want to spend too much as he will outgrow them quickly.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...p=4406646.4413989.4414124&categoryId=29128516

My daughter (she's about to be 12) got the MacGregor Junior Girl's Set from Golfsmith, mostly because no stores had lefty clubs and those were the only ones she could try out before we bought them.

My son has the Top Flite set as well, it's OK for the money but the quality isn't the greatest. He has his heart set on the Puma Rickie set, but he has a lot more growing to do before the current set is too small for him.

My son has the Top Flite set as well, it's OK for the money but the quality isn't the greatest. He has his heart set on the Puma Rickie set, but he has a lot more growing to do before the current set is too small for him.

LOL exactly!! Every time we go to Dick's, my son bee lines for the Fowler Cobra set. Next summer maybe!

When my son was 6 we started with a partial Lynx set which worked nicely. Would recommend those as a starter set. Once he outgrew that set we turned to US Kids for the full sets and those have turned out to be great - he is 10 now and on his second length set. I don't believe there is any other choice for "full" sets for kids.

However, at the end of this past summer we decided that the driver in the U.S. Kids set was not what it needed to be for him and we bought the Cobra Fly Z jr driver and bought a Cobra Fly Z hybrid (men's but cut it down slightly). The Cobra clubs are excellent for kids and both have been terrific for him. He immediately gained 20 yards on the driver (from 165-175 to 185-200) and also gained 10-15 yards on the hybrid - as well as some added confidence with them given club feel and ball flight.

My sons 2-1/2 and we have the smallest us kids set. I found it second hand. 3w, 7i and putter. Grandpa added a sw to it also. It's a little big for him but he tries. Lately he's gone back to his plastic set because he realizes he can hit it farther with them. Although he's cracked one of the shafts.
These photos are just after I got the clubs, he was 25 months.
64616641b6388c5e8f7f6299182be6ad.jpg

7bd2f167538d75ac44974f260fa79550.jpg

So far, I'm a fan of the US Kids ultralight stuff.
We got some other hand-me-down junior clubs from my sister, but they still seemed too heavy for my daughter.

My son has a bag of US Kids stuff. Sadly, there's no real juniors program in the area short of the high school team, so I'm not sure what to do when he outgrows those sticks, which is coming soon. I may well cut down and regrip my wife's old clubs, since she doesn't use them.

Another vote for US Kids.

JM

Hard to beat US Kids. Their system that grows with the kid is really good. Clubs that are too heavy or too long can lead to mechanical issues.

Another vote for US Kids. Their system is based on height, not age, and wig plenty of sizes to choose from. My son is 8 years old but is 57" tall and 80 pounds. He plays the TS 57" clubs and has Driver, 3 wood, 7i-PW, and 55* wedge.

He went from a basic Wilson set from academy to these and his game got a lot better. The other clubs were too light and short for his size and made the game harder which made it less fun.

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd just post here. My teenage son is starting to show more interest in the game so I am going to be signing him up for a summer camp and he needs his own clubs. His only set was from when he was 5 and don't quite fit him anymore haha. Obviously I'm looking at US Kids and Budget Golf. He is 13 and but is only 59 inches right now. At 13 he is going to start growing quickly but I would still consider him a beginner even though he has played on a few par 3 courses with me and been to the driving range.

I am looking at the US Kids U/L series which they classify as beginner/intermediate and my questions are do I go with the 60" clubs or just go right for the 63" clubs? and do I bother with a 5 piece (FW, 6i, 8i, PW, Putter) set or just go for the 7 piece (Driver, Hybrid, 6i, 8i, PW, SW, Putter)? I'm leaning 63" for club longevity and 7 piece but just wanted to see what others thoughts are.

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd just post here. My teenage son is starting to show more interest in the game so I am going to be signing him up for a summer camp and he needs his own clubs. His only set was from when he was 5 and don't quite fit him anymore haha. Obviously I'm looking at US Kids and Budget Golf. He is 13 and but is only 59 inches right now. At 13 he is going to start growing quickly but I would still consider him a beginner even though he has played on a few par 3 courses with me and been to the driving range.

I am looking at the US Kids U/L series which they classify as beginner/intermediate and my questions are do I go with the 60" clubs or just go right for the 63" clubs? and do I bother with a 5 piece (FW, 6i, 8i, PW, Putter) set or just go for the 7 piece (Driver, Hybrid, 6i, 8i, PW, SW, Putter)? I'm leaning 63" for club longevity and 7 piece but just wanted to see what others thoughts are.

Just ordered some for my daughter (age 9). She is at 54" and so naturally I figured skip the 54" and go to the 57", however I read on the US kids site that the clubs at 54" will cover them until they grow 3 more inches which I figure might be 2 years so I went with the shorter ones for her to enjoy them now.

I only went with the 5 club bag since its pretty much her first go around with clubs.

I went with longer clubs for my son 2 years ago when he started lessons, but he got into some bad habits with stance from using them. He's getting better, but he still feels like he needs to grip way down and hunch over, since that's what he is used to doing.

On the good side, kids adapt to learning new things quickly. On the bad side, he's already on me for those Cobra Rickie clubs. Well on his way to being a club ho already.

Back