Worst Golf Gifts - What Not To Buy A Golfer

Anything that I don't have already. I have what I need, don't get me something weird!

I can bend down and get the ball out of the hole still, so I don't need a ball pickup tool for my putter.
I take a lot of shots, but I don't need a counter.
I like my divot tool.

A soundchuck would be nice, though!

I tell my family not to get me golf stuff as i buy it myself, otherwise im bound to end up with something i really dont want. Vouchers from a local sports shop are always welcome though.

That urinal club though, that is ALL kinds of WRONG hahaha.

The cheap plastic multi tool that comes with the score counter, divot tool, ball marker & club brush.
Got one of those from my wife a couple years ago. Still in the tool box in the garage.

index_03_03.png
$48 to NOT pee on a tree? Really?

Golf balls that look like sports balls

Golf bag umbrella
TRUVIS?

Do you mean the Drizzle Stick, that fits over your bag and goes in a club slot?
That thing is awesome!! Especially if you play on some course that has less than stellar carts and some are missing the rain hood altogether.

Sorry But when I see pull carts waiting on the first tee in my area . I know it will be a very very very long long day

Just a personal preference, but the day I use a pull cart is the day I give up the game. Either I ride or tote it

This makes zero sense. One of my best friends is a scratch golfer and he uses a push cart... This is ridiculous

Specialty clubs. I received a specialty sand wedge one year. Honestly have never used it on course.

Proshop or store credit is always a good thing. Always happy when i receive balls that i actually asked for!

This makes zero sense. One of my best friends is a scratch golfer and he uses a push cart... This is ridiculous
I keep telling to ignore the madness. I think our reigning ncaa and us am champ uses a push cart.

I've gotten two that I can remember. First was a golf billiards (pool) game complete with the plastic triangle to rack them. The other was a "ball on a rope" practice thing where you screwed an anchor into the ground and hit a ball that had some kind of twine attached so it wouldn't go far after being hit.

The woman who gave one of them to me, a close relative, was such a nice lady. I had to lie to her every time she asked if I enjoyed her gift.

Those blue sunglasses that are supposed to help ring your ball in the grass.

And I'm probably alone on this one, but in no way do I want anything sports fan related accessories on my bag. I love being a Mets fan, but I love being a Mets fan OFF the course. No headcovers, balls, or towels please.

Maybe santa can sport you a Genesee Cream Ale head cover??????

2.5 inch colored tees..

Wasn't there a recent picture of Spieth using a pull cart? He's probably a hacker

Maybe santa can sport you a Genesee Cream Ale head cover??????
I think he would have to stitch that one himself, because there is no way they exist.

Sorry But when I see pull carts waiting on the first tee in my area . I know it will be a very very very long long day

Just a personal preference, but the day I use a pull cart is the day I give up the game. Either I ride or tote it

I think you may have just offended half the golfers on THP.

Been bought these twice. Just no.

315mXkDqa9L._SY300_.jpg

I'm talking about those rental push carts . Where you just throw the bag on that is held by side bars and a bottom. Some of the high tech ones are killer cool . Those generic ones or rental ones are a sign of trouble ahead for me when playing (especially the rentals) . In our area they usually have a cooler draping from the back with beer and other non approved substances in them . This is from a long time muni player, usually they just equate to a long long long day if paired with them or stuck behind them. No disrespect , just a long time observation here

I think he would have to stitch that one himself, because there is no way they exist.

If I get Maddog for secret Santa next year, I'm having someone one Etsy make one of these.

I've gotten a few bad ones, but the worst was probably a dozen (Wilson?) Advantage golf balls. They were a TopFlite copy 40 years ago. The first one I hit on the #1 tee, I creamed it - it went about 180 down the middle and fell outta the air. I picked it up to look at it when I got to it, and it was split in half, just barely held together by some of the center. I ended up splitting 4 balls out of the dozen before I banged the rest away on the range.

Last year my sister got me some some Warbirds because they sounded cool, and then some of those glasses that supposedly help find balls in the rough.

Callaway anything but golf balls.

hater, just a pure hater....lol

I can understand you liking loudmouth when you were a bigger man. No one would dare comment. But now you have so many other styles you can drape over those shoulders. :D

Back