Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really digging the iFit for the treadmill.
Gives me the chance to watch where I am running on the tablet via google maps (street view) and automatically changes incline and speed.
Creating maps where you want to walk or run is fun too.

Gives me the chance to watch where I am running on the tablet via google maps (street view) and automatically changes incline and speed.

Love those kinds of things.

Have my Wahoo Kickr trainer set up to a similar program, lets me go ride mountains and the trainer changes resistance to make it feel like you are riding uphill.

Love technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is really freaking cool. I'm jealous.. Our treadmills are boring compared to that

That is really freaking cool. I'm jealous.. Our treadmills are boring compared to that

I just set up two separate short runs, 1 that is a mile and 1 that is a mile and a half.
Doing one at Treasure Island Beach (near St Pete) and another in the neighborhood I grew up in.
Now when I run, google maps will be at street level.

Just something to pass the time a bit more.

I just set up two separate short runs, 1 that is a mile and 1 that is a mile and a half.
Doing one at Treasure Island Beach (near St Pete) and another in the neighborhood I grew up in.
Now when I run, google maps will be at street level.

Just something to pass the time a bit more.

So it incorporates all of google maps? Potentially you could run anywhere in the world? Would be cool to do some runs in historic places.

So it incorporates all of google maps? Potentially you could run anywhere in the world? Would be cool to do some runs in historic places.

Yes sir. Anything that has street view can be used, and if street view is not available, you can still get satellite view.
I did one around Rome that was awesome. And all the while it will change the incline automatically and you set your speed when creating the map and that changes automatically too.

Yes sir. Anything that has street view can be used, and if street view is not available, you can still get satellite view.
I did one around Rome that was awesome.

That's pretty awesome. Probably the only way I could get motivated to actually run.

Not sure what took me so long, but I snagged one of the Logitec Smart Remotes today. Best Buy had it down from $199 to $49

Can they control an Xbone?

Really, really enjoying the LG V10 thus far. There are a ton of features I didn't really think much of at the time of purchase that are making a big difference.

First, having security on the phone is great. I had the option of doing a 'thumb slide' fingerprint on my S5 and opted out because it was kind of a nuisance. With the v10, it's simply playing my finger on the power button after activating the phone and I am quickly unlocked and rolling.

There is a "second screen" that appears to be motion activated at the top of the phone. It shows battery life, date, and any notification icons. I can also slide left to change my sound/vibrate/etc, capture, use the flashlight, or activate the camera program.

I also really like that I don't need to hit a button to activate the phone. Brilliant considering how inconvenient the power button would be if the phone was sitting on a desk or table. Rather, I can just tap twice on the phone, or tap where my 'knock' unlock code is, and the phone is active. Absolutely love that.

Camera-wise, I am quite impressed (See HOTD video edition). I haven't taken many photos yet, but I did enjoy what came of the video I took. Wasn't overly impressed with the input capacity as people who are 5-10 feet away don't really have their voices picked up by the phone, however the wind howl was quite limited and that's a great thing.

The screen is clear and large. Big big change for me going to the large screen, and I am quickly realizing that for the most part, that means larger text instead of 'more' info seen unless I am reading emails or articles. This certainly isn't a bad thing, but it has taken me some time to adapt to a less compact keyboard.

We'll see how the battery performs over time, but right now, I've had the phone unplugged for at least an hour and a half and we're still reading 100%. Granted I haven't done much of anything on the phone, but even idle I am impressed.

I switched to to G4 about 3 months ago and to me it is just better all the way around compared to my samsung.

Interested to continue to watch your thoughts on your new phone as now I am considering the 10.

P.S. you are being a bad influence here :D

Really, really enjoying the LG V10 thus far. There are a ton of features I didn't really think much of at the time of purchase that are making a big difference.

First, having security on the phone is great. I had the option of doing a 'thumb slide' fingerprint on my S5 and opted out because it was kind of a nuisance. With the v10, it's simply playing my finger on the power button after activating the phone and I am quickly unlocked and rolling.

There is a "second screen" that appears to be motion activated at the top of the phone. It shows battery life, date, and any notification icons. I can also slide left to change my sound/vibrate/etc, capture, use the flashlight, or activate the camera program.

I also really like that I don't need to hit a button to activate the phone. Brilliant considering how inconvenient the power button would be if the phone was sitting on a desk or table. Rather, I can just tap twice on the phone, or tap where my 'knock' unlock code is, and the phone is active. Absolutely love that.

Camera-wise, I am quite impressed (See HOTD video edition). I haven't taken many photos yet, but I did enjoy what came of the video I took. Wasn't overly impressed with the input capacity as people who are 5-10 feet away don't really have their voices picked up by the phone, however the wind howl was quite limited and that's a great thing.

The screen is clear and large. Big big change for me going to the large screen, and I am quickly realizing that for the most part, that means larger text instead of 'more' info seen unless I am reading emails or articles. This certainly isn't a bad thing, but it has taken me some time to adapt to a less compact keyboard.

We'll see how the battery performs over time, but right now, I've had the phone unplugged for at least an hour and a half and we're still reading 100%. Granted I haven't done much of anything on the phone, but even idle I am impressed.

I switched to to G4 about 3 months ago and to me it is just better all the way around compared to my samsung.

Interested to continue to watch your thoughts on your new phone as now I am considering the 10.

P.S. you are being a bad influence here :D

Uhhh... You're welcome!!! hahahahaha

Uhhh... You're welcome!!! hahahahaha
You bastage Lmao

In all seriousness I am going to look at the 10 today. Will prob buy it as I can give my daughter my G4 since she needs a new phone anyone. See how I justified my spending there :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Nice!!! I knew you would dig the V10. It's a beast.

We picked up a Vizio M series this weekend. Liking it so far after some initial calibration. My question is 4K. I didn't buy the tv for 4k, but since it's in there, I wanted to check it out. Anyone have any experience in obtaining a 4K broadcast? We have Netflix but have not enabled the 4k version yet. Not sure I want to pay more for that since there is so little to see at this point. I've got Amazon Prime too, but haven't done anything in the 4k exploration for it yet.

You bastage Lmao

In all seriousness I am going to look at the 10 today. Will prob buy it as I can give my daughter my G4 since she needs a new phone anyone. See how I justified my spending there :)

I had all kinds of great excuses built into my acquisition hahaha!

Nice!!! I knew you would dig the V10. It's a beast.

yeah buddy! It's definitely a tank.

Will be pulling the trigger on a GoPro Hero 4 silver today with the free $80 BestBuy gift card and 64g memory card. Will use the $80 towards a Nintendo 3DS XL for the girlfriend's daughter. Sounds like a win win to me.

I wish I would have gotten a smart remote sooner.

Being able to press one button, for example "Netflix" that I have programmed, and the TV turns on and automatically logs in to my smart tv netflix app is awesome. Same with Amazon Prime Video. Etc, etc, etc.

Being able to press one button, for example "Netflix" that I have programmed, and the TV turns on and automatically logs in to my smart tv netflix app is awesome. Same with Amazon Prime Video. Etc, etc, etc.

Does your TV remote not have that already? Our Vizio TV in the theater room has Netflix button, Amazon button, etc.

Xbox1??

Here is the ifit app running as I am about to begin my run.

033a18ed1b112ceb173ceb5d02ff6035.jpg

Ya that is seriously awesome

Here is the ifit app running as I am about to begin my run.

033a18ed1b112ceb173ceb5d02ff6035.jpg

That is pretty dang cool, I'm still not sure it could replace running outside for me, but it would make it a whole lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back