PXG Rumored To Have Signed 5 in Top 50

These are relevant guys. Whether they move the needle or not they do compete at a high level. As someone said going from zero to this does get them started. That's not to say some other names are not big deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you are PXG, do you sign a major deal with a guy like Jason Day at $10-15 million per year or do you spend the money on 4-5 guys like the one's listed?

What gets you relevancy faster?

I didn't even know Chucky Three Sticks still had his card.

The crazy thing is that he's 24th on the career money list.

Can you really compare ZJ to Weir? ZJ is the current Open champion and is still relevant in the game. Weir is struggling to keep or has lost his card. Not exactly the same in my opinion.

Not really, but my point was more that "Major Champion" doesn't always hold water. ZJ is averaging about one win a year, and is kind of quirky.

Does it excite me? Am I a huge fan? Nope, neither of the two. The most interesting/exciting thing about ZJ is that he's used the same beat-to-hell SeeMore for many, many years... And even that isn't all that interesting.

I guess it depends who you ask. BillyHo doesn't move the needle for me. Neither does ZJ.

Hell, they could sign Mike Weir as a major champion. Would that factor?

Interesting use of the Canadian Champion... haha

Can you really compare ZJ to Weir? ZJ is the current Open champion and is still relevant in the game. Weir is struggling to keep or has lost his card. Not exactly the same in my opinion.

Weir is retired..

But I get your point, ZJ is not the most marketable guy

So if you are PXG, do you sign a major deal with a guy like Jason Day at $10-15 million per year or do you spend the money on 4-5 guys like the one's listed?

I would take my chances with Day. Has a decent floor already and his ceiling is arguably higher than anyone else they can sign outside of Speith

I would take my chances with Day. Has a decent floor already and his ceiling is arguably higher than anyone else they can sign outside of Speith

Agree here. Assuming he continues his play, he'll be televised three times the amount (or probably more) than the three average players. Plus, he'll probably win a few.

....with that said, I think there's a lot of value in having a large stable of players.

i take 4-5 relevant guys that are marketable.

Agree here. Assuming he continues his play, he'll be televised three times the amount (or probably more) than the three average players. Plus, he'll probably win a few.

....with that said, I think there's a lot of value in having a large stable of players.

Next question then. What amount of players is needed to be a "stable". I think there are three companies who can claim that number, maybe Ping makes it a 4th.

I mean, how often do Srixon, Wilson, Nike (minus Rory), Bridgestone or even Cobra get actual air time?

Next question then. What amount of players is needed to be a "stable". I think there are three companies who can claim that number, maybe Ping makes it a 4th.

I mean, how often do Srixon, Wilson, Nike (minus Rory), Bridgestone or even Cobra get actual air time?

Im not sure you can put Cleveland/Srixon in the same line. They have a decent sized staff, multiple winners last year, and players that move the needle a bit like Gmac and Keegan. Then add the top ranked Asian players playing the line that play on tour as well (parent company).

It's a great question.

When I think of Srixon I think of KB and Gmac with JB Holmes sliding into the big three. Then they have guys like Stroud, Knox, Choi, Matsuyama, and even Beljan being relevant names on the list.

Nike is probably even better. Immediately I think of Rory, Tiger, Schwartzel, Henley, Casey, and Immelman. Then solid supporting cast of Chappell, Kim, Stanley, and Watney.

Cobra gets air time every weekend if Fowler is in the field... So much so that I enjoyed the complaints about it in MANY weekend tournament threads here. It helps that Rickie's orange bleeds into the club category.

Bridgestone is a toss up. Kuch gets plenty of air time but he's hardly exciting or flashy. Sneds was amazing for a minute and gave them plenty of excitement... They seem to be a lot more selective of their limited staff, and it's going OKAY for them as far as I'm concerned as a viewer. My fanship of Freddie doesn't hurt either. They are very different from the 'big' guys though.

Real golf fans know who all of these guys are and that has got to be what they're looking for.
Kinda interesting that they got a Titleist guy, a Ping guy, a Callaway guy, a Taylormade guy, even a Mizuno guy to come over.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This was my thought. Pulling from all different corners

I've been following this thread and have yet to come to a final why do I care? It's not like Team (insert a larger OEM) will suffer. I don't see this moving any equipment, and that has more to do with price point. I still come back to: So what?

I've been following this thread and have yet to come to a final why do I care? It's not like Team (insert a larger OEM) will suffer. I don't see this moving any equipment, and that has more to do with price point. I still come back to: So what?

Personally I'm just curious. I'm always interested when guys make a change because i want to see how they fair with the new sticks.

Im not sure you can put Cleveland/Srixon in the same line. They have a decent sized staff, multiple winners last year, and players that move the needle a bit like Gmac and Keegan. Then add the top ranked Asian players playing the line that play on tour as well (parent company).

Maybe my comment came off a bit harsh. I was trying to state my opinion from the perspective of a casual golf fan. The same one who probably has no idea what Jordan Spieth plays because his bag says AT&T and his clothes say Under Armour.

I think Day is the ultimate risk/reward play. His distance and ball flight is just unreal, and that is comparing him to other pros. If he is playing well he is just as exciting as Rory and honestly has a more compelling story off the course with his family and history before he found golf.

But, I would worry about investing a long term deal with him because he has already had some injuries at a pretty young age, and his action is so damn violent. If he gets injured, you are paying a lot of money for nothing.

With multiple lower level staffers you won't get the coverage he gave TM in the PGA last year, but you have a chance to get some coverage throughout the year.

If Jason Day gets a 15 million per year deal, than Phil Mickelson is the greatest bargain in the history of golf.

If Jason Day gets a 15 million per year deal, than Phil Mickelson is the greatest bargain in the history of golf.

I swear I read he was looking for $20 million and surprising no one is biting on it.

I swear I read he was looking for $20 million and surprising no one is biting on it.

Im looking for 20 million also.
I am not surprised however nobody is biting.

Im looking for 20 million also.
I am not surprised however nobody is biting.

I always forget to add the :alien:

These clubs are just too busy for my taste... The price certainly doesn't help either. But, I guess that's what they are going for.

Rumors are that PXG got Zach Johnson and are also after Gary Woodland (as is Ping). PXG also has, apparently, made an offer to Dustin Johnson that he is mulling. The weird one I read is PXG may be courting Jordan Spieth?? (Also, I know this is PXG thread but Sergio's going to Titleist. That will be weird.)

Rumors are that PXG got Zach Johnson and are also after Gary Woodland (as is Ping). PXG also has, apparently, made an offer to Dustin Johnson that he is mulling. The weird one I read is PXG may be courting Jordan Spieth?? (Also, I know this is PXG thread but Sergio's going to Titleist. That will be weird.)
Billy Horschel as well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hunter Mahan is a UA guy playing ping

Woodland has been testing TaylorMade equipment so I am not sure about PXG being a suitor.

Back