Iomic grip review

Yeah I think youre correct. Ive been looking around for the LARGE next. Or I may just go to the Win AVS Pistol. The white Iomic is just looking to get all dirty and ugly.

A quick way to get these grips "cleaned" is to use Coleman Fuel. Put some on a towel, wipe the grip and it'll take the grime and oils right out.
Also, works well with with regular grips.

I have Iomic's on all my putters. They are durable, yet soft and not "spongy". And unlike the Winn grips, they do not get "slimy" when wet.

I would say the mid-size is definitely more like the size of the standard in other grips and the over-sized is probably like a mid-sized.

They do seem to run smaller. The grips themselves are fantastic, if you get your size.

I"ve got a set of Sticky 2.3 on my all my clubs except putter and love them. Great tack even when wet and yet not squishy. I am debating on selling them with my slingshots or attempting to take them off and re-use them. I haven't heard that they are easy to get off once on.

For my irons, woods and hybrids I still prefer my GP Tour Velvets, but I have mid-size Iomics on my two putters. i love the smooth feel of them, the tackiness and also the feel that i get from them feeling a bit thinner. i like the immediate feedback i get from them on my putters.

i'm just waiting now for their solid color belly putter grips to come out later this year to throw one on my Cleveland Almost Belly. I can't stand the look of the current belly putter grips out there.

i agree though, unfortunately the best place to find them is eBay. I got one at my local Golfsmith a few months back and have been waiting nearly 3 months for them to get them back in stock. i just ordered on ebay this past week because I got tired of waiting.

How did you remove your Iomic grips?

How did you remove your Iomic grips?

I have Evolutions on my irons as well and want to tinker with counter weights or potentially switch shafts. At $20 a pop I don't want to risk ballooning them with an air compressor. I also have 6 wraps of tape on each club will that make removal more difficult?

Cheers

I also just put an X-Evolution IOMIC grip on my r9 driver. Interestly, I measured the grip before and after installing the grip and found the X-Evolution IOMIC grip slightly smaller than the factory installed taylormade grip. Both grips had the same amount of tape (just the single layer of double sided tape). So... the IOMIC X-Evolution grip installed is about the size of a standard grip (only slightly smaller). I intend to remove the grip, add 2 layers of tape build up and put the grip back on the club.

My irons are the taylormade r7s. The factory grip from Taylormade on the irons are the tour velvet model. Prior to this set, I typically regripped with the GP multi-decade grips. Since playing the r7 irons, I now prefer the softer feel of the tour velvet grips and have decided to try the Sticky 2.3 IOMIC model. The sticky 2.3 grips are supposed to be slightly smaller than the GP midsized grips. That should be perfect for my optimal size.

No big rush here since its now offically cold enough to snow here in PA so I will likely not order the grips until March. I will post back after I install and play the sticky 2.3 grips.

About to regrip my clubs with the sticky 1.8 hopefully they are as good as the price!

Last edited:
I have those on my irons. Love the sticky feel, they could be a bit softer at impact though. Almost identical to the i-Lines I had on my old irons but it seems they will wear better due to the compound being harder.

About to regrip my clubs with the sticky 1.8 hopefully they are as good as the price!
Have had some on my irons all season, and really like them. I am using the X-Evolution.

Anybody use the Iomics? The feel nice and I hear last really well. With the iline going away these may be a thought.

Back