So, don’t punch me in the face.

Hamfist

I promise not to murder Canadan.
Reaction score
Handicap
30+
Earlier I posted that all woods were evil, and if anyone saw me with one on the course they were to punch me in the face.

I may have to withdraw that demand.

Hit a wood my brother has at the Dome today, and was striping it.

I’ll report back after a few more sessions.

Well this is good news. But I would still like to punch you somewhere because of this.

Well, since you were polite, drive on out to Cleveland, and you may punch me somewhere.

What club was it Ham?

Earlier I posted that all woods were evil, and if anyone saw me with one on the course they were to punch me in the face.

I have held this same belief for years but the Cobra F8 driver has me feeling confident.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What club was it Ham?

A TM Slider 12* minidriver. Now, here's the fun part: the shaft had snapped off at the hosel, and the head has been reinstalled on a tip-trimmed shaft. so, it's shorter than normal, and the flex has been slightly changed. My brother (it's his club) had been using it off the tee before the breaking, and hitting it very well. I'd told him on multiple occasions that his search for a driver was now over. He opted to ignore me and continued on to a different club. I knew he still had it, so on a whim, I asked him to bring it to the Dome yesterday.

It's got the TM Speeder shaft, in an "S" flex, 57 grams. So I figure the tipping may have changed the flex a smidge, and reduced the weight a smidge.

Anyway, I started hitting balls with it, and it felt pretty good. So much so, that I only hit my other two clubs for maybe 15 minutes out of the hour we were there. The very inaccurate distance thingy said I was hitting it about 175-180 average, so take that with a grain of salt.

Face contact was pretty good, lots of center-ish marks. In the swing, the weight felt good, I was able to hit mostly straight shots, (the ball flight varied a good bit), and impact felt clean.

So, it works at the indoor range, which is a start of a sort, I suppose.

My relationship with my 3 wood is similar to yours. But for whatever reason, I had a great day with it this Saturday as well. Not sure if it was dumb luck or just that I practiced with it twice during the week at the driving range. Guess I will find out next week.

A TM Slider 12* minidriver. Now, here's the fun part: the shaft had snapped off at the hosel, and the head has been reinstalled on a tip-trimmed shaft. so, it's shorter than normal, and the flex has been slightly changed. My brother (it's his club) had been using it off the tee before the breaking, and hitting it very well. I'd told him on multiple occasions that his search for a driver was now over. He opted to ignore me and continued on to a different club. I knew he still had it, so on a whim, I asked him to bring it to the Dome yesterday.

It's got the TM Speeder shaft, in an "S" flex, 57 grams. So I figure the tipping may have changed the flex a smidge, and reduced the weight a smidge.

Anyway, I started hitting balls with it, and it felt pretty good. So much so, that I only hit my other two clubs for maybe 15 minutes out of the hour we were there. The very inaccurate distance thingy said I was hitting it about 175-180 average, so take that with a grain of salt.

Face contact was pretty good, lots of center-ish marks. In the swing, the weight felt good, I was able to hit mostly straight shots, (the ball flight varied a good bit), and impact felt clean.

So, it works at the indoor range, which is a start of a sort, I suppose.

It makes sense. High lofted, shorter shaft. You might look at some HL drivers if you get the urge to tinker. You might have to look at “ladies” models to find the higher loft, but 12* is a good driver loft for lots of people I think.

It makes sense. High lofted, shorter shaft. You might look at some HL drivers if you get the urge to tinker. You might have to look at “ladies” models to find the higher loft, but 12* is a good driver loft for lots of people I think.

If I can hit this when it counts out on the course like I did at the range, I'm just going to stick with it and not even look at another wood.

Nice to hear it working for you Ham. Daze as a good idea though. Higher loft & shorter shaft makes sense to try.

Nice to hear it working for you Ham. Daze as a good idea though. Higher loft & shorter shaft makes sense to try.

Right now, it feels like a 5-wood (maybe a 4). It's maybe 1.5" longer than my 7-wood. Whatever voodoo it has going for it, as of yesterday, I like it. As of tomorrow, who can tell?

I'm going to try it again at another range, hopefully the results will be the same. We shall see.......

If I make Ohio you get one punch for even trying your brothers club lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I make Ohio you get one punch for even trying your brothers club lol

Dude is a compulsive club buyer, I regularly pillage his stash for clubs.

Right now, it feels like a 5-wood (maybe a 4). It's maybe 1.5" longer than my 7-wood. Whatever voodoo it has going for it, as of yesterday, I like it. As of tomorrow, who can tell?

I'm going to try it again at another range, hopefully the results will be the same. We shall see.......

Yeah shorter works well for a good chunk of golfers. I chopped another inch of my epic, was missing way to much on the heel. Think it is playing right around 44-44.25" or so.

You also might be getting along with the lighter swingweight as well. Might be worth messing with

Yeah shorter works well for a good chunk of golfers. I chopped another inch of my epic, was missing way to much on the heel. Think it is playing right around 44-44.25" or so.

You also might be getting along with the lighter swingweight as well. Might be worth messing with

I’ve been dwelling a bit more on it, and another thing I liked about it was I used the same grip on it I use for my irons. I’d found myself trying different grips on the driver (stronger/weaker) trying to hit it consistently. On this, I just grabbed it, and swung.

Whatever it is/was, I’m not going to change a thing. Until it stabs me in the back like all my clubs do. Bastards.

Dude is a compulsive club buyer, I regularly pillage his stash for clubs.

I don’t know why all the hate for your woods you hit them very well the last time we played together

I don’t know why all the hate for your woods you hit them very well the last time we played together

Man, it's just gone down hill from there. I estimate I'll hit, maybe, 20% of my driver swings decently. Not well, decent. I'm not sure what the deal is, but besides that mini-driver Sunday, I don't even like swinging a wood anymore.

What Dome are you hitting at? Maybe I'm oblivious, but I don't know of the Dome around here?

What Dome are you hitting at? Maybe I'm oblivious, but I don't know of the Dome around here?

Jiffy, it's the Golf Dome on Washington Ave in Chagrin Falls. Off 306.

Oh yes... I remember there now.
I'm on the SW side of Cleveland.
I haven't been over that way since I was in school at JCU back int eh 90s

I thought you were referring to the DOME in Valley View, but that'sen gone maybe 10 yrs now.
I was confused.

'preciate the reply

Man, it's just gone down hill from there. I estimate I'll hit, maybe, 20% of my driver swings decently. Not well, decent. I'm not sure what the deal is, but besides that mini-driver Sunday, I don't even like swinging a wood anymore.

When I see you we shall work on it sir don’t give up

Update to not punching me in the face.

Took the mini-driver to the outdoor range yesterday. Hit most of a large bucket with it. I think this will work as my tee-off club. Most of the shots were withing the imaginary fairway at which I was aiming. The misses were within the "That won't kill me." range, and the distance was alright. I'll obviously need to hit it more to really get a feel for it, but at this point I don't hate it, which is good.

So, I'm calling off my request to be punched if you see me pull this on the course.

You can still punch me on general principles, but only in the shoulder. And not hard.

Back