Technology Corner w/ The Pope of Slope – Creating a Driver That Works For All

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Enjoyed reading this. I would really like to hit this driver this winter. After hearing how this performed for some down in Florida a while back, I've been intrigued by it.

Technology Corner w/ The Pope of Slope – Creating a Driver That Works For All

That was fantastic. Thanks for a solid lesson on what is causing what with in the club head.

A question I have, MOI

The head itself has this designed to help minimize the effect of twisting on off center hits. Does that work with Shaft torque? Or is shaft torque part of the over all MOI of the club.

Last edited:
Great interview and very informative breakdown of the tech of the driver. Having seen this driver in person, I would say it works pretty well.

This really sounds like a driver that would benefit any of us.

I'd be curious to see how the weighting and COG of the High Heat compares to other low rear weighted heads like the Fly Z and G30.
Not all drivers have weight low and forward like the SLDR.

Very informative piece.

Great read! Would be interesting to try that driver! Thanks for the info!

This is a really good read that explains many of the terms we hear mentioned so often in an easy to understand manner. Was also wondering why the mirror face and it makes sense what Dean said. Still have to wonder how it looks with complete sunlight.

I love a driver designed for us amateurs and would enjoy trying this one.

Cookie the crazy thing about the mirrored face is that in all the sunlight in FL we have tested it in, it has never once had a glare issue to my knowledge.

Great interview Josh. The mirror face intrigues me, and it sounds like some THPers have seen good results with this stick.

Here is my new COG on a 816 dbd, No cores up front. So much better to hit at 103mph
004_zpsgryi9k65.jpg

The mirror face is interesting. Ive yet to see it in person, but ive had drivers that did well with leaving impact parks that wipe off. The Cobra FlyZ+ was great for that

Cookie the crazy thing about the mirrored face is that in all the sunlight in FL we have tested it in, it has never once had a glare issue to my knowledge.

That's pretty darn cool given the glare that I can see from satin wedges or irons. Would've thought the mirror made it 10x worse but doesn't sound to be the case.

That's pretty darn cool given the glare that I can see from satin wedges or irons. Would've thought the mirror made it 10x worse but doesn't sound to be the case.

I think its because of placement and contrast. If it were on the crown, I think it would be a nightmare. The blue contrast keeps the glare at bay, while the mirror is not really seen. Even in the 12*.

I think its because of placement and contrast. If it were on the crown, I think it would be a nightmare. The blue contrast keeps the glare at bay, while the mirror is not really seen. Even in the 12*.

I was thinking that had to be it with it facing away from the golfer for the most part.

This was a great read and thank you for the interview.

I've understood MOI & CG, but it's always cool to see/read designers explain in layman terms so we all can understand.

Very well done and thanks again.

Great read! The mirror face is either the best or most 'out there' idea in a long time.

Great interview Josh. I previously had little interest in this driver and consequently skipped the reviews. After reading this, I'm off to catch up on the review. Thanks for including the link.

Edit: Enjoyed reading the review as well. I now must demo this driver somehow, somewhere!

i've wanted to hit this thing since the rave reviews earlier this year. great interview, very informative. now to just find one to hit!

Really good info!

That must have been a really fun interview to conduct. Excellent read, and I liked how he blended really technical along with easy to understand.

That must have been a really fun interview to conduct. Excellent read, and I liked how he blended really technical along with easy to understand.

Really good information there for people that are craving golf equipment information.

Great read. I actually like the look of that mirror face. I could see the benefit of seeing exactly where you hit on the face without using impact tape.

I am uber intrigued by this driver!

Back