Tour Stiff vs Stiff - What's the Difference?

Reframmellator

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was browsing Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black Dual-Core TiNi 60 shafts as a potential replacement for the Rogue MAX in my 3 wood. This is based on how happy I am with that shaft, in stiff flex, in my driver. I noticed a lot of new versions available from $70-100, but they are listed as "Tour Stiff." "Standard" stiff versions are $200-250. I realize shaft terminology varies among manufacturers, and sometimes within a manufacturer's product lines. Any thoughts/experiences on this, especially as it refers to the KK line, are much appreciated.

Dug a little more today and got a reply from MRC:

The TS-flex will play in between a S-flex and an X-flex. If you need a little bit more stability than your S-flex is offering the TS-flex would be a good option for you

It appears the TS flex I'm looking at is from a lot of prototypes that were sold to a dealer. May have been made in Japan. I can get one for under $50, so I may do the deal at that price. It can't be any worse than the Rogue Max I'm wanting to replace.

The Dual Core TS is the same profile and materials as the Dual Core Stiff. It is a mid launch low-mid spin shaft. The TS’s flex lands perfectly between Stiff and X-Stiff.

Back