Tiger & Phil: Masters Favorites?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it seems crazy, but based on the last two weeks, you could actually make the case that their experience of success on the course as well as coming in hot could make them the favorites at Augusta National.

What do you think THPers?

I think they are a most the top 5 favorites along with JT, DJ and Bubba

I'm sure they'll be on the list of favorites and I'm guessing they'll both play well. I, however, will be rooting for a guy who hasn't been playing very well lately; Rors...

Is this the mid 2000s? No, yet in consecutive weeks they have combined for a 1st and a T-2nd and have both shown very positive trends leading to the recent showings. If they are not favorites in the Masters, they will be inside the top 10 odds.

As much as I would like to see them at the top I think it's wishful thinking.

I think Phil is closer to a favorite than Tiger. Still would put both of them behind DJ and JT by quite a bit.

• Admin
I think Phil is closer to a favorite than Tiger. Still would put both of them behind DJ and JT by quite a bit.

Even though neither has won there?

Even though neither has won there?

Yup. JT is playing ridiculous golf lately, and think DJ is a much better all around player than the last time he played there. He's ready to put on a green jacket. Phil would be in my top 5. While I'm happy to see TW playing well again, I wouldn't put him quite that high just yet. I do think he'll make the cut and be around Top 20 or 25.

I just hope they’re both on the leaderboard come Sunday. I really would love to see one of them win again but after yesterday, I realized it was fine tiger didn’t win but it was fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to see more out of Tiger before he is considered a favorite there. While he has played the course well, he hasn't won it in 13 years, and has played it once since 2014.

Phil has a much stronger argument, esp with how good he has been putting.

Forgot about Bubba. All of a sudden he's playing great and heading to his favorite course. He's right up there too.

Looks like Tiger is tied as 3rd favorite for Masters after yesterday

2018 Masters updated

D Johnson 8/1
J Thomas 8/1
J Spieth 12/1
J Day 12/1
J Rahm 12/1
T Woods 12/1
R McIlroy 16/1
P Mickelson 18/1
R Fowler 20/1
J Rose 20/1
H Matsuyama 25/1
B Watson 25/1
T Fleetwood 30/1
S Garcia 40/1
P Casey 40/1
M Leishman 40/1
A Noren 50/1
T Hatton 50/1

Man I sure hope so! Nothing would be cooler than seeing these 2 battle it out for a green jacket!!! Ratings would be off the charts!

Looks like Tiger is tied as 3rd favorite for Masters after yesterday

2018 Masters updated

D Johnson 8/1
J Thomas 8/1
J Spieth 12/1
J Day 12/1
J Rahm 12/1
T Woods 12/1
R McIlroy 16/1
P Mickelson 18/1
R Fowler 20/1
J Rose 20/1
H Matsuyama 25/1
B Watson 25/1
T Fleetwood 30/1
S Garcia 40/1
P Casey 40/1
M Leishman 40/1
A Noren 50/1
T Hatton 50/1

Noren at 50/1 would be a decent bet.

Based on those odds...Phil, Bubba, Rose, and Sergio the best value bets.

Surprised how low Sergio is as the defending champ and playing well so far in 2018.

They are playing in prime form so yes odds are good.

I could see them as favorites for sure. Phil is pretty High on my list. Tiger is, well, Tiger. I’ll have to see how he does this week before I make any decisions.

If Tiger is even close to being in contention at Bay Hill this week then I think he leaps DJ and JS to become the Master's favorite. Personally, I don't think he's on my top-5 Master's favorites but Vegas odds are largely artificial when it comes to the big cat. I don't really think Phil will move the needle like that among the average bettor (unless he does well in Houston).

What’s the line on Aphibarnrat?

I wouldn’t make them favorites, but then I wouldn’t be surprised if either won.

#FiberLaunch

I think Phil definitely should be a favorite and Tiger is on the cusp. Just hasn't played enough for me to consider him one yet. But getting there.

Back