Equipment Idiot Question

darthweasel

Reaction score
Handicap
I really, really like my clubs. Between getting fitted for this set, lessons, studying up on course management, Pelz system, and practice, I went from max handicap to currently about a 17.

With that said, I cannot tell you what my clubs are without looking. I think they are an RSi2 or something like that. I do know they are no longer made.

I know this because on hole 17 Saturday we were 180 out. I pulled my 7i. Knowing the ground was soft I was aiming for the back of the green. After my swing my partners were laughing at how far the divot went...until I showed them the headless shaft in my hand. Clubhead went about 40 yards, ball about 100 (and yes, I bladed the $%^&* out of the 3/4 sand wedge, rocketing it so deep in the woods I did not bother to go look for it).

Anyway, stopped at the course where I bought them on way home, he pointed out my clubs are no longer made. Gave me shaft specs, told me it would save me money to get shaft myself and bring to them.

Where do I find a Dynamic Gold XP Stiff Flex 7i shaft? (I wish Amazon Prime had them...)

I really, really like my clubs. Between getting fitted for this set, lessons, studying up on course management, Pelz system, and practice, I went from max handicap to currently about a 17.

With that said, I cannot tell you what my clubs are without looking. I think they are an RSi2 or something like that. I do know they are no longer made.

I know this because on hole 17 Saturday we were 180 out. I pulled my 7i. Knowing the ground was soft I was aiming for the back of the green. After my swing my partners were laughing at how far the divot went...until I showed them the headless shaft in my hand. Clubhead went about 40 yards, ball about 100 (and yes, I bladed the $%^&* out of the 3/4 sand wedge, rocketing it so deep in the woods I did not bother to go look for it).

Anyway, stopped at the course where I bought them on way home, he pointed out my clubs are no longer made. Gave me shaft specs, told me it would save me money to get shaft myself and bring to them.

Where do I find a Dynamic Gold XP Stiff Flex 7i shaft? (I wish Amazon Prime had them...)

You actually probably can get it on Amazon, but there are plenty of component companies out there. Hurricane golf I believe, billy bob's golf and more that I am sure others will let you know.

https://www.billybobsgolf.com/home.php?cat=435

Thanks,

Roger

thank you folks. Much appreciated and as always I am impressed by the depth of knowledge this board collectively possesses and in many cases individually

RSi2 is a .370 parallel bore and will need to be trimmed to OEM specs
Darn, was going to say I think I have one he could have, but it's taper.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back